Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fisher Space Pens

parnass · 361 · 28080

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Re: Fisher Space Pens
Reply #120 on: May 16, 2017, 03:01:55 PM
Fits my 84mm Tinker and Fisher pen.

Nice, I have been considering something similar to protect the chrome a bit.

Totally stole the idea on from this thread.  There are some great simple sheaths that house a SAK and pen or even inexpensive full size pen slip case that can be cut down I imagine.   

Yes, I have seen the one kaput posts from time to time and have been much impressed!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #121 on: May 16, 2017, 10:44:23 PM
That purple is  8):like: :like:

+1 :o 8)

I guess I need to get a fine refill for mine as well :think: :D

Thanks guys, the gold clip is a bit odd but I bought a Blueberry Bullet pen for my girlfriend and she didn't get on with the clip so I borrowed it. Carried it again today with my Tinker small and Classic Clockwork.

* IMAG0681.jpg (Filesize: 11.96 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #122 on: May 16, 2017, 10:45:53 PM
Fits my 84mm Tinker and Fisher pen.

:like: :like: :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #123 on: May 16, 2017, 11:55:52 PM

Thanks guys, the gold clip is a bit odd but I bought a Blueberry Bullet pen for my girlfriend and she didn't get on with the clip so I borrowed it. Carried it again today with my Tinker small and Classic Clockwork.

Outstanding carry  :like:
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #124 on: May 18, 2017, 10:30:18 PM

Outstanding carry  :like:

Thnx  A :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #125 on: May 25, 2017, 04:35:51 AM
An interesting thread.  I thought I had contributed but it looks like my memory is bad or maybe I contributed to another similar thread.  I have a bullet pen and carry it most of the time.  I find it a bit slim and slippery but it works for short notes etc.  I have a trekker but find that it is just too short for writing very much.

Very recently I found a pen similar to a bullet pen however it is a bit thicker and better to write with.  The refill was dry and not available locally as it was a Schneider Topball.  Ordering from ebay would be quite expensive and not worthwhile.  The schneider refill is fairly large so I was able to make a spacer for the white extension on a fisher refill and also make a small aluminium sleeve to fit near the nib end.  As a result the "new" pen now fits a fisher refill quite nicely and  I like it.

I would have photos except that photobucket is acting up and I cannot seem to upload right now.  I used a lathe to make the two small pieces to adapt the fisher refill to the pen however it is quite easily done (although maybe not quite as elegant), with a bit of masking tape built up in strategic areas.

John.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #126 on: May 25, 2017, 08:26:59 AM
:popcorn:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #127 on: May 25, 2017, 10:49:46 PM
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline rivercity

Reply #128 on: June 02, 2017, 04:09:14 PM
 :like: :like: :like:

Chuck

"Well, when it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win." ~ MacGyver

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #129 on: June 02, 2017, 04:12:38 PM

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #130 on: June 02, 2017, 05:18:09 PM
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline rivercity

Reply #131 on: June 05, 2017, 10:53:58 AM
Chuck

"Well, when it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win." ~ MacGyver

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #132 on: June 05, 2017, 05:44:51 PM
:like: :like: :like:

(Image removed from quote.)
Felling black or red? Lol
JR
Ahhhhhh you caught on to my color scheme.......  :cheers:
Lol, one of my fav color combos, I guess you'd like the little guys collection and one of my setups, the sak sheaths I customized, same with his sak, switched out one of the scales to a black, so it's name is deadpool..
JR
IMG_7419.PNG
* IMG_7419.PNG (Filesize: 171.72 KB)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:46:25 PM by MadPlumbarian »
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #133 on: June 11, 2017, 02:58:10 PM
How it's made just showed how they make the pens, though mostly showed the refill side of it.

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #134 on: June 24, 2017, 11:18:13 PM
An interesting thread.  I thought I had contributed but it looks like my memory is bad or maybe I contributed to another similar thread.  I have a bullet pen and carry it most of the time.  I find it a bit slim and slippery but it works for short notes etc.  I have a trekker but find that it is just too short for writing very much.

Very recently I found a pen similar to a bullet pen however it is a bit thicker and better to write with.  The refill was dry and not available locally as it was a Schneider Topball.  Ordering from ebay would be quite expensive and not worthwhile.  The schneider refill is fairly large so I was able to make a spacer for the white extension on a fisher refill and also make a small aluminium sleeve to fit near the nib end.  As a result the "new" pen now fits a fisher refill quite nicely and  I like it.

I would have photos except that photobucket is acting up and I cannot seem to upload right now.  I used a lathe to make the two small pieces to adapt the fisher refill to the pen however it is quite easily done (although maybe not quite as elegant), with a bit of masking tape built up in strategic areas.

John.

I am able to get onto photobucket finally so here are the photos related to the above.  First is the pen with it's original (empty) refill:

This shows the fisher refill with small aluminium adapter that slides on to the ball end and the white spacer taped in place.  I made a small insert for the spacer as it was too short if pushed on fully.  Cound have made a new spacer but there was no point as this works well.

Another photo of the fisher refill with the aluminium adapter and the short piece that fits inside the white plastic spacer.

It would be easy to adapt a lot of pens to the fisher refill without going to much trouble. Fisher refills are available most places and in my view work very well.

John.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #135 on: June 25, 2017, 12:07:32 AM

John.

I am able to get onto photobucket finally so here are the photos related to the above.  First is the pen with it's original (empty) refill:

This shows the fisher refill with small aluminium adapter that slides on to the ball end and the white spacer taped in place.  I made a small insert for the spacer as it was too short if pushed on fully.  Cound have made a new spacer but there was no point as this works well.

Another photo of the fisher refill with the aluminium adapter and the short piece that fits inside the white plastic spacer.

It would be easy to adapt a lot of pens to the fisher refill without going to much trouble. Fisher refills are available most places and in my view work very well.

John.
Never seen that pen.  :think:
Any fisher bullets for scale? Is it all metal?
Interesting.  :tu:

All hail the hook!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #136 on: June 25, 2017, 12:09:35 PM
I have lost mine and for the love of all things good, can't seem to find it.  :ahhh
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #137 on: June 26, 2017, 06:09:43 AM
I have lost mine and for the love of all things good, can't seem to find it.  :ahhh

I feel your pain. I lost my raw copper version after 2 weeks of owning it. Never did find it. Hope you get yours found soon.
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #138 on: June 26, 2017, 07:12:43 AM
I have the empty plastic case...I fear it is hiding in my collection somewhere...which means it may be gone forever.  :facepalm:

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #139 on: June 26, 2017, 07:35:59 AM
I have the empty plastic case...I fear it is hiding in my collection somewhere...which means it may be gone forever.  :facepalm:

:rofl: :rofl:

If it is lost in the collection your screwed bud.  ;)
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #140 on: June 26, 2017, 08:35:27 AM
I know it.  :cry:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #141 on: June 26, 2017, 06:21:37 PM
I feel you, I had one and somehow just lost it, after so long I just broke down and bought a new one, which I still have today but the tube is cracked, still works and all but sometimes just comes apart. That's why I bought a semi imitation plastic one, works kinda the same as the bullet, comes apart and then doubles in size, but uses just a simple bic ink cartridge, just what I need, and wont feel bad if I lose it just out like $3.. don't get me wrong, I still got my space pens on my nightstand and desk!
JR

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #142 on: June 27, 2017, 03:41:50 AM
Regarding the chrome/burgundy pen with modified fisher refill it was actually a promotional pen for a fastening sales business.  It's made in China but very nicely done.  It's a little bit bigger around than a bullet space pen and more comfortable for my use.  There is no manufacturers name on it.

John

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #143 on: June 27, 2017, 03:44:19 AM
Pablo

The pen is mainly plastic but has a decent build quality.

John

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #144 on: June 27, 2017, 06:44:36 AM

John.

John.

I applaud you for your use of aluminium, John  :salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #145 on: July 19, 2017, 03:40:15 AM
My well worn chrome bullet pen :salute:

20170718_123723 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #146 on: July 22, 2017, 09:30:21 AM

That's got real Workhorse character Punch so  :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #147 on: July 22, 2017, 10:05:53 AM

I like how its slowly turning into a brass colour.  :cheers:

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #148 on: August 13, 2017, 08:15:29 AM

I like how its slowly turning into a brass colour.  :cheers:

+1 to that ... I was starting to think I should replace the brass lacquered one I gave away ... but maybe Chrome as it ages wears would be even nicer  :think:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #149 on: August 18, 2017, 07:46:26 PM
Titanium space shuttle bullet & SAKs today

* IMG_0109.jpg (Filesize: 31.76 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

Donations