Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fisher Space Pens 10980

No Life Club Posts: 3,415 <><
Re: Fisher Space Pens
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2019, 02:53:21 PM »
I like it a lot, actually. More than I thought I would.

I originally made the mods in May, I think, and have been carrying the pen everyday at work since then. When not at work, I much prefer the bullet pen as it basically disappears until needed.

I found I prefer the fisher ink over my previous standard pilot G-2. I actually find the fisher ink to be smoother. Plus it dries faster and is more tamper resistant.

I also like the price. I have slightly under $13 in each of the two pens I made. I think the new zebra f-701s are now all metal to begin with, and should be even cheaper since you don't need to sacrifice two other pens for the metal nock. So, the cost makes me not afraid to use it. I also like that it isn't as tapered towards the tip like the fisher pens or the parker jotter types.

It's not perfect, though. The inside body is a plastic tube, and I had the knurled grip section start to separate from the metal upper. This required me to disassemble the metal sleeves from the plastic tube and slather the inside with 2-part epoxy. Now it feels solid as a rock.

If I could find a clicky or bolt pen that was all metal, at a price this low, I'd consider replacing the zebra, but so far I haven't found one.

One thing I’ve noticed the past year is that the metal nock has a slightly rough/gritty feeling to it. Last night I worked a little nyogel into it and so far it feels as smooth as glass. We’ll see how long it lasts.

If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?
Jr. Member Posts: 69
« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2019, 06:17:54 AM »

I bought a Fisher Telescoping Space Pen. It was mentioned in the very first post of this thread, but hardly brought up after that. I liked that the telescoping pen was one piece, with no cap to lose, and one-hand deployable. It also wasn't very expensive.
As part of my everyday carry belt holster obsession: I designed a quick draw holster for the pen. It took three prototypes to get the locking mechanism working perfectly. But now it is ready for the public.
I use the actual telescoping feature to lock the pen into the holster. With one hand you can unlock it, pull out the pen, and it is ready to use. It docks just as easy.
No Life Club Posts: 3,556
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2019, 06:33:06 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I bought a Fisher Telescoping Space Pen. It was mentioned in the very first post of this thread, but hardly brought up after that. I liked that the telescoping pen was one piece, with no cap to lose, and one-hand deployable. It also wasn't very expensive.
As part of my everyday carry belt holster obsession: I designed a quick draw holster for the pen. It took three prototypes to get the locking mechanism working perfectly. But now it is ready for the public.
I use the actual telescoping feature to lock the pen into the holster. With one hand you can unlock it, pull out the pen, and it is ready to use. It docks just as easy.

That's a very stylish holder for a nice looking pen :like:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,632 Hidalgo, Castillo del Hook
« Reply #303 on: June 14, 2019, 08:14:43 AM »
That's a very stylish holder for a nice looking pen :like:
:iagree: :like:

Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!
No Life Club Posts: 4,756
« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »
I am tempted to buy a Pen just to be able to use the Batman-Belt style holster...Does that make me a gear nerd?
Nice Pen that flew under my radar and nice holster(s) - I like the MT holsters you make, too and am waiting for you to come up with something for my rattling MP600. :-)
Jr. Member Posts: 69
« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2019, 04:58:59 PM »
I am tempted to buy a Pen just to be able to use the Batman-Belt style holster...Does that make me a gear nerd?
I think simply being on this forum along makes one a gear nerd. I am now up to three things on my belt. (Pen, Flashlight, Multitool). I figure by the time I retire I will look like Batman. (I am thinking about one for my keys now).
Strangely though I am not one of those folks with a huge phone holster on my side.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,222 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2019, 01:00:04 PM »
I think simply being on this forum along makes one a gear nerd. I am now up to three things on my belt. (Pen, Flashlight, Multitool). I figure by the time I retire I will look like Batman. (I am thinking about one for my keys now).
Strangely though I am not one of those folks with a huge phone holster on my side.

:imws:

C'mon, lowtech! You should know this by now!

:twak: :twak:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
July Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: $391.00
PayPal Fees: $22.72
Net Balance: $368.28
Above Goal: $68.28
Site Currency: USD