Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fisher Space Pens

parnass · 361 · 29094

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Re: Fisher Space Pens
Reply #90 on: May 05, 2017, 07:51:49 AM
In the real world a pen is there to be used.
Agreed!  8)
Others might have come off worse !  :cheers:
Possibly! But in this particular case, a cheap plastic pen would have bounced off the ground with no damage.  :rofl: :facepalm:

I know which I trust not to break if sat on though!  >:D

:rofl: You might not know whether to laugh or cry  :ahhh
Hmm, the bullet is pretty slim. It would be a bit of a shock if that happened, but I don't think that it would hurt. :whistle:

On the bright side it'd still write eh? Never mind zero gravity or extremes of temperature  :facepalm:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #91 on: May 08, 2017, 10:11:48 PM
 :whistle: :b2t: :rofl:

My silver bullet pen :tu: I have carried it for a long while (read as I have no idea how long but long enough for me.not to know how long I have carried it ::) )

20170508_143538 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #92 on: May 08, 2017, 11:52:11 PM
I like where the chrome has rubbed off.  :like: :like:
No clip?
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #93 on: May 09, 2017, 12:09:23 AM
I like where the chrome has rubbed off.  :like: :like:
No clip?

No clip ;) It doesn't clip in jeans pockets well without hangin on all sorts of things plus I use suspension clips for both my SAK and light :tu: I use to pocket carry it all the time (and I still pocket carry th black one when I carry it) but it stays in an altoid tin with several more of my EDC items :cheers:

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #94 on: May 09, 2017, 04:00:51 AM
     I have a silver bullet space pen I carry in my watch pocket.  I switched out the ink with the refill for a zebra pen, which in my opinion writes better for daily use. I have not had the need to write underwater or in outer space or even zero gravity so for me the zebra refill is good.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #95 on: May 09, 2017, 05:00:19 AM
     I have a silver bullet space pen I carry in my watch pocket.  I switched out the ink with the refill for a zebra pen, which in my opinion writes better for daily use. I have not had the need to write underwater or in outer space or even zero gravity so for me the zebra refill is good.

I don't think you'll get many, or any at all that would disagree that the Fisher ink isn't as good as others for pure writing, however the Fisher ink excels in harsh environments, whether it be temperature, moisture etc, or even dirty / oily environments. Its not just zero gravity, if you need to write on anything above your head or at a funny angle you don't need to worry about keeping the pen in the correct orientation to allow ink flow due to gravity.
At my work, we use carbon copy permit books, and after they have been used on the job they can get filthy, and my Fisher ink has no trouble where others do. At home, or in the office, then anything will do, and if I was writing lots, I'd rather use Parker or Zebra or Sheaffer ink

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: May 09, 2017, 07:32:43 AM

I don't think you'll get many, or any at all that would disagree that the Fisher ink isn't as good as others for pure writing, however the Fisher ink excels in harsh environments, whether it be temperature, moisture etc, or even dirty / oily environments. Its not just zero gravity, if you need to write on anything above your head or at a funny angle you don't need to worry about keeping the pen in the correct orientation to allow ink flow due to gravity.
At my work, we use carbon copy permit books, and after they have been used on the job they can get filthy, and my Fisher ink has no trouble where others do. At home, or in the office, then anything will do, and if I was writing lots, I'd rather use Parker or Zebra or Sheaffer ink
And in addition, did you ever try the Fine fisher refill? The Medium refill is the one that comes standard, and the Fine writes a little nicer(no gobbing or anything) than the Medium.  :cheers:

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #97 on: May 09, 2017, 08:06:34 AM

My silver bullet pen :tu: I have carried it for a long while (read as I have no idea how long but long enough for me.not to know how long I have carried it ::) )

:like: Nice one Poncho, real character there ! :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #98 on: May 09, 2017, 08:07:31 AM

And in addition, did you ever try the Fine fisher refill? The Medium refill is the one that comes standard, and the Fine writes a little nicer(no gobbing or anything) than the Medium.  :cheers:

+1 to this. The Fine refill is much better IMHO
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #99 on: May 09, 2017, 08:16:09 AM

+1 to this. The Fine refill is much better IMHO

I have a fine in my AG-7, but at work I just need it to write, so use the Medium. No finesse required.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #100 on: May 09, 2017, 10:15:38 PM

:like: Nice one Poncho, real character there ! :cheers:

Thanks Bill :tu: :cheers: :cheers:

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #101 on: May 13, 2017, 04:49:11 PM
Over the past two weeks, I've added a X-750 to my daily carry, since I don't always have my lab coat on me; I find it write very well, without the globing I had experienced with a bullet, years back.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #102 on: May 13, 2017, 05:09:12 PM
Over the past two weeks, I've added a X-750 to my daily carry, since I don't always have my lab coat on me; I find it write very well, without the globing I had experienced with a bullet, years back.
FYI, the X-750 uses the same refill as the Bullet, and its only some Medium point refills that are prone to gobbing ink at the tip, Fine point(which looks like medium.  ::) ) refills seem to be immune.

All hail the hook!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #103 on: May 13, 2017, 05:17:37 PM
Interesting pic of the brass piece that holds the upper and lower part of the Bullet barrel together.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EDC/comments/6al61a/fisher_space_pen_bullet_question/

And attached is my pic of the other end of said brass piece.
1494688498684-365995877.jpg
* 1494688498684-365995877.jpg (Filesize: 309.61 KB)

All hail the hook!

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #104 on: May 13, 2017, 06:39:47 PM
I've got a black one somewhere but here's my TAD Gear silver one.

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #105 on: May 13, 2017, 06:50:42 PM
Cool engraving.  :tu:

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #106 on: May 13, 2017, 09:00:27 PM
I've got a black one somewhere but here's my TAD Gear silver one.

(Image removed from quote.)

That's very nice and shiny Smashie !! :like:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #107 on: May 15, 2017, 03:31:02 PM
FYI, the X-750 uses the same refill as the Bullet, and its only some Medium point refills that are prone to gobbing ink at the tip, Fine point(which looks like medium.  ::) ) refills seem to be immune.

When I (eventually) run through my medium refill, I do intend on replacing it with a fine point; perhaps my comparison is unfounded, though, as the bullet to which I refer was found on the ground down in Key West, I do not know how hard of a life it had lived prior to me picking it up. :D

england Offline Kev D

Reply #108 on: May 15, 2017, 07:09:32 PM
I replaced my medium with fine point as soon as I got my pen, I just couldn't get on with the medium

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #109 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:28 PM
I also have a fine point refill I will drop in once the medium runs out.
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #110 on: May 15, 2017, 09:44:44 PM
My Purple Passion with Fine refill.

I do think Bullets have excellent Fiddle Factor in meetings :tu:
Purple.jpg
* Purple.jpg (Filesize: 155.24 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #111 on: May 15, 2017, 09:56:54 PM
That purple is  8):like: :like:

All hail the hook!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #112 on: May 15, 2017, 11:01:15 PM

+1 :o 8)

I guess I need to get a fine refill for mine as well :think: :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #113 on: May 15, 2017, 11:05:20 PM
Did someone say patina  :D
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65626.30.html#att310004

I just made one of these pen/knife holders.  As soon as it dries I'll post a picture.  I had a small piece of scrap leather and for thread I used the inner strand of paracord. 
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #114 on: May 15, 2017, 11:30:49 PM

+1 :o 8)

I guess I need to get a fine refill for mine as well :think: :D
Yep, fine refills are great compared to the medium.  :cheers:

All hail the hook!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #115 on: May 15, 2017, 11:44:05 PM
Fits my 84mm Tinker and Fisher pen.
IMG_2881.JPG
* IMG_2881.JPG (Filesize: 225.39 KB)
IMG_2882.JPG
* IMG_2882.JPG (Filesize: 246.8 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #116 on: May 16, 2017, 12:11:27 AM
Very nice.  :like: :like:
How does it feel in the pocket?

All hail the hook!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #117 on: May 16, 2017, 12:59:12 AM
Very nice.  :like: :like:
How does it feel in the pocket?

Thank you  :D

Its not bad but as with anything new in pocket I'll have to test drive it for a little bit.  I figure within a week I'll know if I actually like the feel in pocket.  I keep my wallet in my front left pocket so this will ride in front right for now. 
Esse Quam Videri

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #118 on: May 16, 2017, 01:14:43 AM

Nice, I have been considering something similar to protect the chrome a bit.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #119 on: May 16, 2017, 01:20:34 AM

Nice, I have been considering something similar to protect the chrome a bit.

Totally stole the idea on from this thread.  There are some great simple sheaths that house a SAK and pen or even inexpensive full size pen slip case that can be cut down I imagine.   
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD