Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How do you carry your keys?

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Re: How do you carry your keys?
Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 01:56:26 AM
I've got 3 sets of keys for various roles, all loaded pretty much the same - hanging off small clips (image is the closest I could find online with a quick search) that can clip to belt loop, lanyard, or wherever else required at any point in time.

Works well enough.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 01:34:18 PM
I've got 3 sets of keys for various roles, all loaded pretty much the same - hanging off small clips (image is the closest I could find online with a quick search) that can clip to belt loop, lanyard, or wherever else required at any point in time.

Works well enough.

Image?

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 11:02:17 PM
Weasel

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #33 on: May 21, 2016, 12:54:35 PM
Trying a KeyBar for the first time, and liking it so far!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: June 14, 2016, 09:36:36 PM
This is my "daily" keychain rig. It is all mounted on swivels. The keys are wrapped tightly in a leather holder, which; does not make a peep or poke into my leg. It is minimal but has room for added stuff like a keychain flashlight or whatever the occasion dictates. And it is SWISS :)
Leather Key Holder.jpg
* Leather Key Holder.jpg (Filesize: 109.54 KB)
Daily Keychain Rig.jpg
* Daily Keychain Rig.jpg (Filesize: 108.96 KB)

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 05:53:39 PM
And, I should mention that the leather key holder is from Croatia... :)
with a few "Nova Scotian" Mods...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:54:51 PM by Marc_in_NS »

ca Offline armèe-suisse

Reply #36 on: June 18, 2016, 12:45:48 AM

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 08:05:05 PM
Trying a new carry method to see if it will replace my Key-Bar.

Liking it so far  :tu:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 04:29:06 PM

Works well enough.

Image?

Hop on a plane and  :pok: him about this invisible image Z :whistle:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: June 22, 2016, 04:32:47 PM
I carry two sets of keys with me to work, one for all of our locks and a couple different types of machinery :tu: the other truck keys for the company vehicle I ride in and a couple fobs.  I keep another set of truck keys in my truck with a fob on it and I have another set that I carry on weekends with various keys for different door locks and my wifes vehicle keys and a couple fobs on it ??? I have to many keys when I put it like that :facepalm: The fobs are for the corresponding vehicle and our house security system :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: June 22, 2016, 04:43:09 PM
I carry two sets of keys with me to work, one for all of our locks and a couple different types of machinery :tu: the other truck keys for the company vehicle I ride in and a couple fobs.  I keep another set of truck keys in my truck with a fob on it and I have another set that I carry on weekends with various keys for different door locks and my wifes vehicle keys and a couple fobs on it ??? I have to many keys when I put it like that :facepalm: The fobs are for the corresponding vehicle and our house security system :cheers:

I guess I should have put that I just use regular split rings for all of these keys :facepalm: I use NiteIze small S biners to swap my alarm system fob from set to set as well and that has worked great so far :cheers:

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #41 on: June 22, 2016, 05:44:04 PM

I guess I should have put that I just use regular split rings for all of these keys :facepalm: I use NiteIze small S biners to swap my alarm system fob from set to set as well and that has worked great so far :cheers:

I should get some of those genuine s-biners for my keys... Had some cheap copies and they broke within couple months leaving me with lost work keys! :rant:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: June 22, 2016, 06:41:26 PM

I should get some of those genuine s-biners for my keys... Had some cheap copies and they broke within couple months leaving me with lost work keys! :rant:

I have the plastic ones and they have held up well so far, I got them because of the bright colors but seems like I have seen the metals ones lately with colors too :think:  All I use to see were the stainless steel ones so I may pic some up if they have colors in the metal next time I see them :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: June 23, 2016, 04:13:57 PM
still diggin' this carry method

My toys:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #44 on: June 24, 2016, 05:58:02 AM
Sweet :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: June 27, 2016, 10:26:10 PM
This methid is proving the best and most comfortable so far.

I definitely recommend checking it out  :tu:

My toys:

ca Offline armèe-suisse

Reply #46 on: August 07, 2016, 11:29:58 PM

us Offline BlueDot

Reply #47 on: August 15, 2016, 12:21:58 AM
I have been using one of these:
http://www.mrlock.com/lucky-line-key-chain-mity-mite-43201?language=en&currency=USD&gclid=CjwKEAjwrcC9BRC2v5rjyvSbhWASJACKkjDz1vEefaakC65Z0xjagCu7zkmjbGzkfrIlyGba9WuxpBoCHXHw_wcB
Since I worked for a locksmith back in the 80's.
(NOTE): not advertising for Mr lock, jist the picture.
The great thing is they lay flat in the pocket no matter how many keys & doodads.  I was using a dangler to keep them off the bottom of my pocket (run through the little split ring), but didn't like the way it hung. YMMV.

dc
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #48 on: August 16, 2016, 03:27:37 PM

My toys:

us Offline Noa Isumi

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: August 19, 2016, 01:33:34 PM
Mine are on a clone of the LM carabiner which I attach to an Uncle Mike's Maglite/Baton ring for a police duty belt.
The ring is large enough to still fitt a Maglite even with the keys. A hair or ranger band keeps them quiet when needed and tucks in the molle on the back of my cell holster when not. There is enough length I can tuck in my pocket or leave to dangle.
1471606322928-1851836359.jpg
* 1471606322928-1851836359.jpg (Filesize: 305.29 KB)
I used to be a lot of things, and someday will again.
But for now I'm just a lost jack of trades with neither mastery nor home. ~NoaIsumi

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #50 on: August 19, 2016, 02:16:51 PM
Cheap Chinese clip

My toys:

fr Offline Gee.B

Reply #51 on: September 03, 2016, 10:05:55 PM
This is an interesting thread. Over her here in France and several european countries, men wear those small ´handbags' where everything goes in it. Like this :

https://www.amazon.fr/sacoche-bandoulière-passant-ceinture-vachette/dp/B00XJU1OIK/ref=sr_1_16?s=luggage&ie=UTF8&qid=1472932922&sr=1-16&keywords=sacoche+homme+cuir+marron

My wife being from the UK hates those things but In summertime i'm having a hard time finding an alternative. I got the keys, the wallet, the cigs, the zippo, the SAK... And I hate feeling too manu things in my pockets. I'm not  gonna wear a jacket just to have pockets...

So i might steal some of your ideas

Gee (from mobile)

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #52 on: September 03, 2016, 11:06:55 PM
This is an interesting thread. Over her here in France and several european countries, men wear those small ´handbags' where everything goes in it. Like this :

https://www.amazon.fr/sacoche-bandoulière-passant-ceinture-vachette/dp/B00XJU1OIK/ref=sr_1_16?s=luggage&ie=UTF8&qid=1472932922&sr=1-16&keywords=sacoche+homme+cuir+marron

My wife being from the UK hates those things but In summertime i'm having a hard time finding an alternative. I got the keys, the wallet, the cigs, the zippo, the SAK... And I hate feeling too manu things in my pockets. I'm not  gonna wear a jacket just to have pockets...

Gee (from mobile)
I tried clicking on that and it won't let me see anything..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fr Offline Gee.B

Reply #53 on: September 03, 2016, 11:45:56 PM
You might have to copy and paste the whole thing

Something like this for instance

Gee (from mobile)

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: September 03, 2016, 11:46:38 PM

Gee (from mobile)
I tried clicking on that and it won't let me see anything..
JR

Try to copy paste the entire link in your browser. Seems like the forum cut the link short for some reason. Or use this link

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #55 on: September 04, 2016, 02:43:16 AM
Oh, ok so a murse.. I kinda started with a fannypack, then moved up to something like that, then the pack just kept getting bigger,, right now I have a cross body backpack, but I hate having to take the hat off to put it on or take it off, the same when I get in/out of a car so I'm working on a mini custom backpack, at least that way it's easy to take on/off! Another thing I almost bought I forget what the name is, but it has multiple pockets and sits like a beauty pageant ribbon, nice and neat on the shoulder then right down to the hip, crosspaq or runnur, that's what they were called..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: September 04, 2016, 03:12:41 AM
I know carry my keys attached to a Micra™...

:D  :tu:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #57 on: September 11, 2016, 05:45:04 PM
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #58 on: September 17, 2016, 09:21:14 AM

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #59 on: September 21, 2016, 10:05:31 PM
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%