Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How do you carry your keys?

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Re: How do you carry your keys?
Reply #90 on: November 05, 2016, 01:00:10 AM
I use one of these. I think it's nice and lightweight, it's silent, and it protects the rest of the stuff in my pocket from the keys.

http://www.orbitkey.com/collections/active-elastomer/products/active-orbitkey?variant=18781414853

No affiliation, and bought the thingie in a local brick and mortar store, so no idea of the quality of their webshop.

I really like the the different stuff people have made in this thread.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #91 on: November 05, 2016, 03:27:00 AM
I must say this new little setup is pretty good, it's taking a little to get used to because it doesn't hang down like what I used to have, so as I reach down to grab them they ain't there? There just up higher, but the real nice thing is one hand unclip or clip on is soooo much easier!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

de Offline Josh613

Reply #92 on: November 05, 2016, 05:27:50 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

Do you find that you sometimes walk around in circles with that set-up??   :D :D

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #93 on: November 18, 2016, 05:06:12 PM
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

de Offline Josh613

Reply #94 on: November 30, 2016, 09:27:50 AM
I've started carrying my keys clipped to a belt loop and dangled into my back left pocket. Works well just have to take them out before sitting down for a long period of time.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #95 on: November 30, 2016, 04:07:05 PM
I think after rearranging my keychain so many times I just have to accept I will always have 2 keychains unless I want a heavy bulky rattling bunch of keys hanging from my belt.  Now I carry one set in my pocket while my vehicle key and fob are on my Victorinox belt hanger for ease of accessibility. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #96 on: December 06, 2016, 10:19:30 AM
Have been experimenting with set ups, tried the nite-ize plastic s-biner#2 but felt it was too small especially if you have a few or many pounds on your belly, hard to get on and off belt loop with fat stomach in the way  :rofl:

Now I went up to the #3 s biner, but am getting worried split ring will fish its way off by itself. so i'm contemplating the locking version, and new jeans, this is very important cause I have had belt loops break and they are tough to sew back on since they are very thick denim.

In the meantime I added a small nylon hanger to the sbiner that has loops for split ring, seems ok, but is adding too much length to set up. Not sure there is ever an end to this key config thing.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #97 on: December 06, 2016, 05:53:53 PM
Have been experimenting with set ups, tried the nite-ize plastic s-biner#2 but felt it was too small especially if you have a few or many pounds on your belly, hard to get on and off belt loop with fat stomach in the way  :rofl:

Now I went up to the #3 s biner, but am getting worried split ring will fish its way off by itself. so i'm contemplating the locking version, and new jeans, this is very important cause I have had belt loops break and they are tough to sew back on since they are very thick denim.

In the meantime I added a small nylon hanger to the sbiner that has loops for split ring, seems ok, but is adding too much length to set up. Not sure there is ever an end to this key config thing.
That they do and it hurts to attempt to stitch them by hand! That's why I fig it would be good for something to go around the belt itself rather then a loop. Only thing that sucks is your sooo used to where the loop is, so by going with something that goes around the belt it's either too far forward or too far back! Kinda like getting new jeans or a new sheath, something just doesn't feel right on location..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #98 on: December 06, 2016, 06:00:15 PM
I stopped having my key dangle from my belt loops as well.  Seems like a bad idea IMO and one can "easily" attach them to a belt or pocket or waist band. 

I love the Victorinox belt hanger.  I dislike the keys I carry. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #99 on: December 06, 2016, 08:20:43 PM
I stopped having my key dangle from my belt loops as well.  Seems like a bad idea IMO and one can "easily" attach them to a belt or pocket or waist band. 

I thought of getting one of those, but for the sak instead.. put the sak in the sheath then hook up the belt clip with a small chain, long enough to take the sak out, but not so it's dangling. This way if the sak(the Pharmber) ever came out of the sheath it wouldn't go anywhere without me knowing! That and I guess it would look good, no?
JR

I guess you can call me a little over protective? :whistle:
IMG_5539.PNG
* IMG_5539.PNG (Filesize: 240.64 KB)

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: December 09, 2016, 09:57:33 PM
Always hang in the pocket.
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: December 10, 2016, 01:33:13 AM

Please hide your keys...! (for security)  :whistle: :facepalm:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #102 on: December 10, 2016, 08:35:08 AM

Well, he did hide the house key. The two you can see are for something unimportant, that is why they have only 2x8 pins.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: December 10, 2016, 10:47:04 AM

Well, he did hide the house key. The two you can see are for something unimportant, that is why they have only 2x8 pins.

Exactly.
 :D
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #104 on: December 12, 2016, 12:01:08 AM
Using this set up with nite ize #3 s biner, added a small zip tie to one of the gates which locks it closed,
Vic classic and 47's mini and a few swivel lobster clasps to easily remove them from split ring. was gonna replace the S biner with the locking version, but the zip tie works well. I didnt like the split ring directly on the s biner cause the keys would pass through it from time to time and if you use the light some times keys jut out and its awkward, so I added the  black nylon hanger. working pretty well, but still not perfect.
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 238.25 KB)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:10:38 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #105 on: December 12, 2016, 12:29:18 AM
Using this set up with nite ize #3 s biner, added a small zip tie to one of the gates which locks it closed,
Vic classic and 47's mini and a few swivel lobster clasps to easily remove them from split ring. was gonna replace the S biner with the locking version, but the zip tie works well. I didnt like the split ring directly on the s biner cause the keys would pass through it from time to time and if you use the light some times keys jut out and its awkward, so I added the  black nylon hanger. working pretty well, but still not perfect.
Smart idea with the zip tie!
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #106 on: December 13, 2016, 03:52:45 PM

I thought of getting one of those, but for the sak instead.. put the sak in the sheath then hook up the belt clip with a small chain, long enough to take the sak out, but not so it's dangling. This way if the sak(the Pharmber) ever came out of the sheath it wouldn't go anywhere without me knowing! That and I guess it would look good, no?
JR

Its a great idea.  I fashioned a chain that did what you are describing but abandoned it.  I may try that again actually.  I really like the Victoriniox belt thing it looks great and the shield  :tu:

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #107 on: December 13, 2016, 07:15:15 PM

JR

Its a great idea.  I fashioned a chain that did what you are describing but abandoned it.  I may try that again actually.  I really like the Victoriniox belt thing it looks great and the shield  :tu:.
But of course, especially with the shield! :tu:
JR

00 Offline michaeljuan

Reply #108 on: December 20, 2016, 08:42:46 AM

Titanium pocket widgy bar, victorinox manager, car keys (don't have it in pic), dorm keys, handcuff keys because why not, and a cheapo USB drive I can take off and give to someone and not think about it. The rest of my tool needs are covered by my phone, swisstool, and flashlight. using the pocket widgy as a lanyard
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:36:50 AM by michaeljuan »
Victorinox: Swisstool, Manager
Leatherman: Wingman
Gerber: Shard
County Comm: Pocket Widgy

and more to come

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #109 on: December 28, 2016, 10:01:30 AM

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #110 on: December 29, 2016, 11:50:19 AM

My toys:

Offline asb

Reply #111 on: December 30, 2016, 12:00:25 AM

I removed the serrated blade on my Leatherman Wave and and went to make a new key and then modded it to fit where the blade use to be. So my homekey has a liner lock

ca Offline Walley

Reply #112 on: December 30, 2016, 04:20:01 AM
My house has a keypad and doesnt need a metal key and i leave my vehicle keys in my coat pocket.
But my work keys are attached to some wound parchute cord (ya never know?)
This extends it so when i clip it onto my belt loop on my pants it fits deeper into my pocket and i dont sound like a jail guard walking down the halls.
Also its long enough for me to unlock doors and swipe the nfc fob without unclipping it.
14830679387341669804832.jpg
* 14830679387341669804832.jpg (Filesize: 244.94 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #113 on: January 06, 2017, 12:35:28 PM

My toys:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #114 on: January 08, 2017, 03:37:36 AM
JR

It worked pretty good, but zip tie seemed to loosen its grasp after a few weeks, so I caved and got the #3 S Biner with the slide locks, needed some button cells for my vics and battery junction was only place I could find the locking sbiner #3 and batteries for swisscard lite & midnight mini champ. seems to lock up nicely and better than my rigged version.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:38:55 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #115 on: January 08, 2017, 06:34:19 AM
JR

It worked pretty good, but zip tie seemed to loosen its grasp after a few weeks, so I caved and got the #3 S Biner with the slide locks, needed some button cells for my vics and battery junction was only place I could find the locking sbiner #3 and batteries for swisscard lite & midnight mini champ. seems to lock up nicely and better than my rigged version.
What about a small piece of heatshrink?
JR

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #116 on: January 08, 2017, 09:41:08 AM
JR

JR

thats a good idea. I kinda like this locking S Biner, its black version. now that I got a battery for midnight mini champ I remember why I didn't care when old one died..the red LED is so weak, its almost useless, but I will probably put it back on keychain rotation anyway in place of the classic, its a really cool tool but the light is lacking

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #117 on: January 08, 2017, 06:50:03 PM
JR

JR

thats a good idea. I kinda like this locking S Biner, its black version. now that I got a battery for midnight mini champ I remember why I didn't care when old one died..the red LED is so weak, its almost useless, but I will probably put it back on keychain rotation anyway in place of the classic, its a really cool tool but the light is lacking
I had one of those but have no clue where it disappeared to, and yeah like no light! But still so cool! I ended up getting a nitecore tube, that throws freaking light and it's the old one, along with a alox classic..
JR

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #118 on: January 09, 2017, 07:00:51 PM
My toys:

Offline keyvault

• New User
Reply #119 on: January 28, 2017, 09:38:28 AM
It can carry upto 12 keys and also a ring for larger or extra keys. No more jingling sounds.

Grant beat me to it.  Expect a Personal message. :police:
keyvaultpurple.jpg
* keyvaultpurple.jpg (Filesize: 47.89 KB)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:49:57 PM by Mr. Whippy »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD