Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

WARNING - Fake Victorinox Rescue Tools on eBay!

Neil · 39 · 10870

ca Offline ufox9al

Re: WARNING - Fake Victorinox Rescue Tools on eBay!
Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 03:11:05 AM
I honestly don't think that refund is good enough in the case of fake merchandise. Neil will be on the hook for return shipment (which might have to be with delivery confirmation, otherwise the seller can claim he never got it), and the seller can simply re-list the item. A negative feedback is definitely in order, along with notification to the other 7 buyers, as well as report to eBay (they have the mechanism to report counterfeit merchandise). This seller needs to be shut down.
-------
Alexei

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 03:16:21 AM
Unfortunately shutting the seller down would do absolutely nothing. Nor could the source of the fake product easily be found. And when it's found it'd be near impossible to stop...

China is a cess pool for counterfeiting.

Getitng a refund for it is pretty good in itself. And it seems from the comments he is atleast trustworthy in this aspect...

I don't know though. I do agree such things should be prosecuted. Just, I don't think anything will come of it. =P
Got those frog legs.

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #32 on: September 06, 2008, 03:41:03 AM
Counterfeit merchandise is a violation of the ebay TOS.   Notify ebay!

R

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #33 on: September 06, 2008, 11:18:08 PM
Hope things turn out well Neil . While I realise you cant comment while taking legal advice I would be tempted to send the Knife to Vic ( Switzerland ) along with all the details of the seller and dealer , Imagine how much they are prepaired to pay for a solicitor  :o This is the first I've ever heard of a Fake Vic  ( or any other big MT maker ) . I'm sure the Elseners would go ape about this  >:(

Dunc

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 02:12:09 PM
Hope things turn out well Neil . While I realise you cant comment while taking legal advice I would be tempted to send the Knife to Vic ( Switzerland ) along with all the details of the seller and dealer , Imagine how much they are prepaired to pay for a solicitor  :o This is the first I've ever heard of a Fake Vic  ( or any other big MT maker ) . I'm sure the Elseners would go ape about this  >:(

Dunc
I have to agree here this should be stopped before it goes any further the idea that someone may think this is Vic quality leaves a nasty taste in the mouth

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 11:54:04 PM
Especially if they discover its shortcomings while attempting to use it in an emergency.  :oops:
R

Offline appletree_man

Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 01:29:44 PM
UGH !!!  I don't own a Rescue tool but even going by the photos I can tell that is  a POS  :P
I think it's a great idea to send it on to Victorinox, the seller should have little reason to protest, after all it's illegal to copy trademarks. 
Best to inform Ebay & Paypal as well about what your doing.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:32:52 PM by appletree_man »
T

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 02:16:26 PM
You know, if these counterfitters put the same effort into making their own knife"brand", they might actually make something of themselves :-\
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 06:38:03 PM
UGH !!!  I don't own a Rescue tool but even going by the photos I can tell that is  a POS  :P
I think it's a great idea to send it on to Victorinox, the seller should have little reason to protest, after all it's illegal to copy trademarks. 
Best to inform Ebay & Paypal as well about what your doing.

+1
(

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44