Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How To Do Multitool Encyclopedia edits

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: How To Do Multitool Encyclopedia edits
Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 06:30:21 PM
ReamerPunch, i've sent you a PM about your log in info for the Encyclopedia.

I'm sure sLaughterMed will get back to you as soon as he can.

I'd add you but I've been out of it for a bit and not sure how he wants people added.

Def

I just add people the way you added me. I'm currently working on allowing people to register themselves (or at the very least fixing the "request a passcode" function") but so far no dice.

It's probably a safety feature built in to keep some crazy person from damaging the wiki :D That way there is some control over who can and can't edit it ;)

If not, there should be a way to warrant that not everyone can register and start making changes. It can lead to some "destruction", even if not intentional.

Yeah I just started editing the other day and if I hadn't been careful there is no telling the chaos I could have caused :ahhh :D

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 06:52:43 PM

I'd add you but I've been out of it for a bit and not sure how he wants people added.

Def

I just add people the way you added me. I'm currently working on allowing people to register themselves (or at the very least fixing the "request a passcode" function") but so far no dice.

It's probably a safety feature built in to keep some crazy person from damaging the wiki :D That way there is some control over who can and can't edit it ;)

If not, there should be a way to warrant that not everyone can register and start making changes. It can lead to some "destruction", even if not intentional.

Yeah I just started editing the other day and if I hadn't been careful there is no telling the chaos I could have caused :ahhh :D

This raises a question: is there any backup of the database so far? Something we can revert to, if need be? Or to allow us to recover some specific records/pages?

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #32 on: April 27, 2016, 07:09:40 PM

Def

Yeah, letting just anyone in is obviously not a good idea. However, It would be nice if what the wiki offered is what actually happened (for example, clicking the "request a passcode" currently does nothing). I'm working on making that button actually send a request somewhere (even if it is just to me, or just to Grant), or removing the option altogether, and just stating they need to PM or email me a request.

This raises a question: is there any backup of the database so far? Something we can revert to, if need be? Or to allow us to recover some specific records/pages?

The wiki has keeps backups of recent versions, so if someone makes a major boo boo, an admin can come in and revert to an older version. Obviously someone still has to tell an admin, but it is something.

Grant said earlier that the wiki is also backed up daily (hopefully offsite), so if the server farm that MT.O, SAKwiki and the MT Encyclopedia are on blows up, we still have everything saved from the day before somewhere else.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:14:34 PM by sLaughterMed »
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 10:47:18 PM
So rather than asking Zoidberg to keep editing the first page, I created this page on the Wiki itself:

http://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Template

To navigate there from the front page, simply click the "Page Template" Link at the top of the home page.

It contains a small "code library" with short descriptions for a lot of the simpler coding needed for formatting, as well being home to the Page Template. This way, the template can be adjusted as needed, and our resident zombie lobster can go skating or something instead

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 05:19:37 PM
First post has been updated if anyone feels frisky and wants to help with the MTwiki it would sure be appreciated :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 05:21:43 PM
Thanks Poncho  :cheers:

There's lots of articles to be written folks, any help at all would be appreciated!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 06:45:01 PM
I will help. Just be warned, if I break the internet or crash MT.O, its not my fault... mostly... seriously I will try to help, but i cant make any promises that i will get anywhere. Most of this computer techno sorcery is beyond me.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: August 26, 2016, 07:35:36 PM
I will help. Just be warned, if I break the internet or crash MT.O, its not my fault... mostly... seriously I will try to help, but i cant make any promises that i will get anywhere. Most of this computer techno sorcery is beyond me.

I was afraid I was gonna break stuff as well but turns out it's all backed up and if something is messed up then it can be fixed :D

:like:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: August 27, 2016, 12:14:03 AM

I was afraid I was gonna break stuff as well but turns out it's all backed up and if something is messed up then it can be fixed :D

Cool. Give a login in and password a I will work on or smurf something this coming A.M.
Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #39 on: August 27, 2016, 12:46:36 AM

Cool. Give a login in and password a I will work on or smurf something this coming A.M.

Sent you the passcode. Nice to have new recruits on this wiki too. :hatsoff: Let me or the folks here know when you've made your account and one of us will bump you to editor status there. :2tu:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: August 27, 2016, 02:13:30 AM
Awesome Nate, glad to have you aboard! If you need any help, make a post here (or shoot me a PM if you're shy :P) and we will take care of you.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #41 on: August 27, 2016, 03:55:01 AM
Will do. I will get my account  sorted in the morning and give it a go.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: August 27, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Got my account made.
Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #43 on: August 27, 2016, 12:02:04 PM
Got my account made.

Hm, I see you should be able to do most edits just with the basic account. Is this correct? Poncho, are there any problems you found while editing that you couldn't edit out with your account?

If so, we can bump you two to admin status. >:D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: August 27, 2016, 12:39:37 PM
Mawahahahahahahahahahahaha
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: August 27, 2016, 12:51:06 PM
So can I upload some of my images from my pc as long i dont use a URL? Or do I have to use pics just from the gallery? Unless I didn't see them, there is a lot of SOGs missing.
Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #46 on: August 27, 2016, 01:04:53 PM
Feel free to upload your pics. :tu: Not sure, but there should be a gallery for SOG so place them there. And maybe a special subgallery for each model if you can. As long as they are your pics, it's fine. If they are from other members, ask them for permission first.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #47 on: August 27, 2016, 01:10:39 PM
Cool! Also, before I forget, any pics I have posted on MTO can be used for the Multitool Encyclopedia.
Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #48 on: August 27, 2016, 01:33:04 PM
Here's the SOG gallery

http://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=6

Also, try to limit the size of the pics to 1000px, the wiki software doesn't do auto resizing so well, actually, it doesn't do it at all. :facepalm:

And for anyone wanting to do Bucktools, we have Longbow's pics in the gallery.multitool.org. He has the most complete collection that I know of and has given us permission to use the pics, we only lacked the manpower and time to create those pages.

http://gallery.multitool.org/index.php/BuckTool-collection

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: August 27, 2016, 02:31:39 PM
well.....the internet is still working.  :D Starting to get the hang of it. Been working on the SOG SP2. I think i got the right idea.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: August 27, 2016, 03:07:02 PM
Got my account made.

Hm, I see you should be able to do most edits just with the basic account. Is this correct? Poncho, are there any problems you found while editing that you couldn't edit out with your account?

If so, we can bump you two to admin status. >:D
"Basic" users should have full editing permissions, and the abilities to upload images and files. I dont think they can roll back to previous editions of an article, but thats not really a vital feature anyhow.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: August 27, 2016, 03:08:26 PM
well.....the internet is still working.  :D Starting to get the hang of it. Been working on the SOG SP2. I think i got the right idea.
Awesome Nate. Thanks for the help :cheers:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #52 on: August 29, 2016, 03:18:06 AM
You say that now...LOL!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #53 on: August 29, 2016, 03:00:20 PM
Yes I have full editing capabilities but I like the idea of more power >:D Just kidding :angel: I have plenty of editing power for me :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: August 29, 2016, 03:00:51 PM
You say that now...LOL!

You will do great I am sure buddy :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: August 29, 2016, 08:13:01 PM
You say that now...LOL!

Great to see some of the SOG MTs getting  pages :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #56 on: November 27, 2016, 05:39:02 AM
Just bumping this to see if we can get any new recruits :pok: :D I have a couple more pages to do in the LM section but there is still plenty of things to do all over he wiki :cheers:

Any takers :whistle: :D

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #57 on: November 27, 2016, 09:37:10 AM
Just bumping this to see if we can get any new recruits :pok: :D I have a couple more pages to do in the LM section but there is still plenty of things to do all over he wiki :cheers:

I might...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: November 27, 2016, 03:54:23 PM
Just bumping this to see if we can get any new recruits :pok: :D I have a couple more pages to do in the LM section but there is still plenty of things to do all over the wiki :cheers:

I might...

Send a PM to sLaughtermed and he can get you an account set up :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #59 on: November 27, 2016, 08:58:11 PM
Just bumping this to see if we can get any new recruits :pok: :D I have a couple more pages to do in the LM section but there is still plenty of things to do all over the wiki :cheers:

I might...

Send a PM to sLaughtermed and he can get you an account set up :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm in

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD