Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How To Do Multitool Encyclopedia edits

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: How To Do Multitool Encyclopedia edits
Reply #60 on: November 27, 2016, 09:06:16 PM
Just bumping this to see if we can get any new recruits :pok: :D I have a couple more pages to do in the LM section but there is still plenty of things to do all over the wiki :cheers:

Any takers :whistle: :D
I might...

Send a PM to sLaughtermed and he can get you an account set up :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm in

Awesome can't wait to check it out after you have added some stuff :like: :like: :like:

Thanks buddy :tu:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #61 on: November 27, 2016, 09:25:59 PM
Just bumping this to see if we can get any new recruits :pok: :D I have a couple more pages to do in the LM section but there is still plenty of things to do all over the wiki :cheers:

I might...

Send a PM to sLaughtermed and he can get you an account set up :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm in

Awesome can't wait to check it out after you have added some stuff :like: :like: :like:

You're welcome.
I'm planning on adding some Vic tool pages.

First I'll see how it all works, then I'll type some stuff and see how it goes from there.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #62 on: November 28, 2016, 02:05:42 AM

I might...

I'm in

You're welcome.
I'm planning on adding some Vic tool pages.

First I'll see how it all works, then I'll type some stuff and see how it goes from there.

:tu:

:popcorn:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #63 on: July 23, 2018, 08:42:10 PM
Alright. Grant set me up with an editor account. I may be asking a bunch of questions here and in PMs. I hope that is OK.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #64 on: July 23, 2018, 09:28:11 PM
Welcome aboard GLBM :cheers: I will try to answer any questions that I can but once you get started it is pretty straightforward  :salute: :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #65 on: July 23, 2018, 09:40:19 PM
Thank you, Poncho!  :cheers:

After a while, I did figure out the gallery and template. I started on the Gerber Grappler(created page and added photos, but no info yet), but had to hang it up for the day. Felt like throwing my laptop across the room.  :bnghd:

I know it is easier once you do it a time or two, but I sure wish the tikiwiki used a GUI. I haven't messed with text code since trade school.  :facepalm:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 01:39:09 PM
We have often looked at the idea of swapping to something like MediaWiki (the same software used by Wikipedia) but it seems like all of the information import software available is for people switching from MediaWiki to TikiWiki, which leads me to believe that TikiWiki is far superior.  Which came as a great shock, because pretty well anyone who uses TikiWiki hates it, so I wonder just how bad MediaWiki must be!   :ahhh

In fact, TikiWiki has been a recent (and constant) topic of discussion behind the scenes, and was described thusly:

Tikiwiki feels more like a bunch of different brand building blocks that sort of fit together, but aren't very structurally sound

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #67 on: July 25, 2018, 04:34:59 PM
Thank you for the information, Grant!

I have a small grasp of how to do it. But, after seeing how great of a job the major contributors have done, I am writing the info up on my PC before going back for the edit.
The template is a best case scenario for the tikiwiki it seems. It may be that tikiwiki discourages just anyone from messing about in there.
Do you know of any free(or cheap) software programs that would allow offline previewing of the coding, Grant?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #68 on: July 25, 2018, 07:15:36 PM
The template was a very big help for me when I was working more on the wiki  :tu: I dont think I could have done much of anything without it :ahhh :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #69 on: July 25, 2018, 08:31:46 PM
Thank you for the information, Grant!

I have a small grasp of how to do it. But, after seeing how great of a job the major contributors have done, I am writing the info up on my PC before going back for the edit.
The template is a best case scenario for the tikiwiki it seems. It may be that tikiwiki discourages just anyone from messing about in there.
Do you know of any free(or cheap) software programs that would allow offline previewing of the coding, Grant?

I do not, but then, as I barely know the difference between a server ad a Cheetoh, I may not be the best person to ask.   :facepalm:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%