Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who carries a backpack everyday?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Who carries a backpack everyday?
on: April 21, 2016, 07:25:14 PM
I want to say I brought this up long ago but I didn't see it. I carry a sling and it's getting to be a pain, everytime I get in and out of a car I got to take my hat off and stretch it over my head, and over time that strap keeps pulling and it hurts even with a nice pad. So I figured maybe a small backpack would be better? Anyway I've been looking for idk how long cause what I'm after I just can't find, I need the Molle to hook everything on, but something flat on the front so I can put as many patches I could(gotta have my mto) anyway, I thought some people put more Molle attachments and don't even use the backpack, someone else agreed, I thought a simple panel covered in Molle rows and with a messenger bag cover would be awsome, just couldn't find anything I liked and what I did was way exspencive! But lastnight while looking around idk how it came up but I was looking at hydro backpacks, very narrow, very thin and covered in Molle straps, so the flashlight, Multitool, fak, and water bottle and all go on the sides and make it close to a normal backpack. and yet with a storage compartment where the water bag would be, and with all the Molle on the front I could put other junk on or make a Velcro panel and put all patches?

So I was just wondering who else uses a backpack everyday, and what type, here's the one I was looking at, it's soo upgradable in so many way.
JR
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 59.43 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Who carries a backpack everyday?
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 08:01:36 PM
I don't carry a bag at all.  I'd imagine the weight of the bag moreso that anything is a huge factor.  Can you lighten the load on your current set up? 

That being said I would imagine distributing the weight evenly onto both shoulders would help that or BUILD your TRAPs  :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 08:36:29 PM
I don't carry a bag at all.  I'd imagine the weight of the bag moreso that anything is a huge factor.  Can you lighten the load on your current set up? 

That being said I would imagine distributing the weight evenly onto both shoulders would help that or BUILD your TRAPs  :rofl:
The load is only 5-7lbs, it's not much. Heck, I remember way back in highschool my backpack was like 30lbs and I had no prob riding a bike or walking..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 08:53:15 PM

The load is only 5-7lbs, it's not much. Heck, I remember way back in highschool my backpack was like 30lbs and I had no prob riding a bike or walking..
JR

:pok:

That weight concentrated on that one area over any length of time will began to annoy/hurt/ or otherwise cause discomfort. 

A bag that would spread the weight would be better but I dare say over time you will be feeling the discomfort on both shoulders rather that just the one. 

Maybe a waist attachment point?  Now the load could be distributed over several areas. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:13:00 PM

JR

:pok:

That weight concentrated on that one area over any length of time will began to annoy/hurt/ or otherwise cause discomfort. 

A bag that would spread the weight would be better but I dare say over time you will be feeling the discomfort on both shoulders rather that just the one. 

Maybe a waist attachment point?  Now the load could be distributed over several areas.
Oh come on, that was back in teen days, 100lbs on one shoulder would have felt fine!
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:29:44 PM
HAHAHA especially when I still see kids as young as 10 lugging around these monster bags. 

I meant the 5-7lb bag you currently have can still cause discomfort.  That weight on the muscles and nerves is concentrated and over time cause the problems. 

I know I'm of no help whatsoever, sorry.  I just don't think a dual strap bag is the answer honestly.   

Esse Quam Videri

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 10:10:50 PM
This one:

http://www.decathlon.es/mochila-de-hidratacion-500-negra-id_8300157.html

VIDEO

http://bcove.me/1jwv1eh2

A hydratation backpak, with my things and lunch.

I took off the hydratation bag and I had a 8 liters of capacity bakcpack

Slim profile, urban style, with compression and waist straps. I can run for the bus with it.

Very very light (520g). I don´t understand how people carry that tactical monsters so heavy.

My shoulder and back pains had vanisehd (I used a messenger bag)

I am an urban guy. Don´t need camo Maxpedition trolleys
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:34:59 PM by alexTOOL »

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 10:17:05 PM
I carry a samsonite w2 milano almost everyday with my laptop, book, relaxing colouring book, tools MT´s, it´s an amazing very durable, and confortable bag, has a few years now, and looks pretty good till this day!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 10:40:27 PM
This is what I'm currently using..
JR

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 10:57:55 PM

This what I have been using for the past 5+ years and very happy with it. I liked this so much I gifted them to my nieces when they started college.

Pros...
Waist and Sternum straps(with a built in whistle) keeps it tight when I ride my bicycle or motorcycle. Very light and lots of compartments inside and outside to organize what you carry.  Has a padded laptop sleeve too. I carry my fruit snacks inside and they do not get squashed because of it's shape.

Cons...
Unfortunately it is not patch or badge friendly and I don't think they make these any more. Also not easy to store when not in use or when packing into a tight space like when going on vacation in a tightly packed car :(

Backpack1.JPG
* Backpack1.JPG (Filesize: 134.91 KB)
Backpack2.JPG
* Backpack2.JPG (Filesize: 156.92 KB)

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 12:39:14 AM
This is what I'm currently using..
JR

(Image removed from quote.)

One sling bags should be banned...!   :P   Back killers!!!  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 01:51:01 AM
This is my before bag, I just think it's just waay to big, I pretty much completly closed off the main compartment, put two very thin things in the second compartment, and only used those two front compartments along with putting things on the sides of it.
JR
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 226.11 KB)
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 299.39 KB)

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 01:52:52 AM
Your kitty is super cute JR
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 01:55:29 AM
This is my before bag, I just think it's just waay to big, I pretty much completly closed off the main compartment, put two very thin things in the second compartment, and only used those two front compartments along with putting things on the sides of it.
JR

Camo makes everything look better  :drool:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 02:02:53 AM
Your kitty is super cute JR
Ty, he loves that bag, it's like his scratching post..
JR

Go here, there's some more pic's
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,36981.0.html
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:08:06 AM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 02:04:12 AM
JR

Camo makes everything look better  :drool:
Ahh, that's what I first thought, but I'm now more into black with red..
JR

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 10:18:45 AM
I carry a bad every day, it's been a Sitka sling for a while but lately I've gone back to using my Pygmy falcon as I've been carrying more stuff.
Weasel

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 02:58:06 PM
I carry one to work every day.  I keep a knee brace, gum, Advil, Tums and headphones in it all the time.  It has plenty of room to carry my thermos and lunch, and additional clothing for the colder months. 

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 03:33:46 PM
I generally use my Maxped Leo until riding season kicks in. Then I switch to my Condor 2 three day assault pack.

That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 08:55:35 AM
I think the hydration pack without the bladder is a brilliant solution to your problem. I have a hydration pack I hardly ever use and I think I may try it out as an EDC bag.
 :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 01:56:25 PM
I think the hydration pack without the bladder is a brilliant solution to your problem. I have a hydration pack I hardly ever use and I think I may try it out as an EDC bag.
Let me know how it turns out, I have one but it's hydration only, or add on hydration. It wouldn't work for what I'm after.. Kinda sucks cause it's a nice pack too..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 02:12:04 PM
Let me know how it turns out, I have one but it's hydration only, or add on hydration. It wouldn't work for what I'm after.. Kinda sucks cause it's a nice pack too..
JR
You know, after I sat and looked at it for a few, for what I carry with a few modification I could maybe make that work?  :think:
JR
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 181.45 KB)

Offline duky

Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 05:18:36 PM

I wear my wenger rucksack to work and trips.

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 02:44:16 PM
Weasel

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 06:37:38 PM
What's the toothbrush for?

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 09:56:50 AM
Since I don't own a car (I can't drive anyway), I always have a backpack of sorts, from small to huge (for shopping). I got quite a collection (more than my wife has handbangs :facepalm:).
Pictures will follow.

Fancy that B'Twin pack Alex, really nice :tu:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 01:29:18 PM
Since I don't own a car (I can't drive anyway), I always have a backpack of sorts, from small to huge (for shopping). I got quite a collection (more than my wife has handbangs :facepalm:).
Pictures will follow.

I'm with you on the more then the wife part.. :D
JR

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 09:15:28 PM
Pictures will follow.

Thanks!

Very practical and light, and smart!
Very happy with it

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 11:21:52 PM
Pictures will follow.

Thanks!

Very practical and light, and smart!
Very happy with it
I was looking at something similar from EVOC the other day, way pricier though :salute:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 11:07:16 AM
 Go to Decathlon.  :pok:  :D
I forget to say that my backpack has BTWIN letters in black color, so is even better than the photo.
Good luck

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD