Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who carries a backpack everyday?

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Who carries a backpack everyday?
Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 11:26:39 AM
Go to Decathlon.  :pok:  :D
I forget to say that my backpack has BTWIN letters in black color, so is even better than the photo.
Good luck
Sadly, they don't deliver to Switzerland (German site, my Spanish is practically non existent but as far as I got, they don't send to Switzerland either) and even if they would, the'd probably charge 40€ for shipping :viking:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 10:04:17 PM
Go to Decathlon.  :pok:  :D
I forget to say that my backpack has BTWIN letters in black color, so is even better than the photo.
Good luck
Sadly, they don't deliver to Switzerland (German site, my Spanish is practically non existent but as far as I got, they don't send to Switzerland either) and even if they would, the'd probably charge 40€ for shipping :viking:

I was thinking in helping you  ;)

But with the shipping rate calculator it gives me +- 36 €  :o :o :o

http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/site/Aplicacion_C-1349167812806-1363184049882/includeTemplate=COR_Aplicacion-sidioma=es_ES
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:07:11 PM by alexTOOL »

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 10:18:43 PM
Perhaps a German forum member  ;)

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 08:55:38 PM
Perhaps a German forum member  ;)
It's probably not cheaper to send from Germany :cry:

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: May 16, 2016, 11:09:24 PM
What's the toothbrush for?
Sorry just catching up
I use the toothbrush for cleaning sawdust out of equipment etc at work , it gets everywhere even in my pockets so use it alot on my sak/ multitool slot too.
Weasel

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #35 on: May 16, 2016, 11:19:03 PM
Hold on, do Bavarians count as well?
I didn't follow the conversation, but just send me the link and I'll try my luck!
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #36 on: May 16, 2016, 11:31:48 PM
carry a Rush 24 everyday (well, the backpack of choice right now)

I enjoy the weight.
If I can help, let me know 

Offline Stefan

Reply #37 on: May 17, 2016, 02:49:21 AM
I carry a backpack every day at work and also for different activities during the weekend.
I was looking also for something light an I bought recently an Osprey Daylite.
91oGQrluaGL._SL1500_.jpg
* 91oGQrluaGL._SL1500_.jpg (Filesize: 132.8 KB)

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 02:59:43 AM
I carry an Osprey Pixel daily for work and have a Jansport Katahdin 20L for day hiking.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 03:50:32 AM
I carry a backpack every day at work and also for different activities during the weekend.
I was looking also for something light an I bought recently an Osprey Daylite.
Interesting pack..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 04:36:21 AM
I carry a North Face Surge now. I carry a lot of crap and the bag is almost "too organized," has way too many small pockets and zippers for items that don't fit too well. And I wish i could remove the waist strap, it rides above my belly button when in use.

But it is by far the most comfortable backpack I have ever used. Out of the 17 backpacks i have tried, it feels the best.
Like this, but all red in the front.

The color is hard to find, i think this bag was a transition from the Surge 1 to the Surge 2. It has the coloration of a Surge 2 but the front pocket of a Surge 1.
You can see it in the background, I carry a random assortment of odd things, a hammock, fishing kit, spotlight, mini sledge, waterproof speaker, and tent stakes. Plus all the normal EDC Goodies.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:40:19 AM by NKlamerus »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 05:33:58 AM
Why can't you remove the waist strap? Heck if it's that bad just cut it off and burn the ends so they don't fray.. Or if your worried that maybe you'll want it back on in the future, cut it leaving about an inch and burn it, this way you can overlap and stich it back on?

I know that one bag I've had my eyes on for a while has just simple straps and a waist, and well, I'll need padded straps, which I think I have and can simply replace the ones that come with it since the bag has those weave threw thingys on it..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline LocNar

Reply #42 on: May 17, 2016, 07:51:17 AM

"Cooler than a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce."

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #43 on: May 17, 2016, 09:59:52 PM
I commute about 75km daily on the motorcycle with a Rush 24.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 06:29:42 PM
Slings

Wenger: Slightly larger than the Vic one. A bit slippery on the back but has some neat compartments in the outer compartment.

Victorinox: This one sits much better on the back. But the outer compartment is all wrong and has no organizing stuff.
packs_01.jpg
* packs_01.jpg (Filesize: 65.94 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: May 31, 2016, 11:13:47 AM
While I don't carry a rucksack every day any more, when I do need one it's normally this small Wenger one.  I really like the fact it's got a stow-away waist strap, so when doing something active you can secure it tightly, but for more casual use you can get rid of the annoying straps hanging down.
2016-05-31 10.11.41.jpg
* 2016-05-31 10.11.41.jpg (Filesize: 86.68 KB)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:15:38 AM by Gareth »
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: May 31, 2016, 01:54:48 PM
While I don't carry a rucksack every day any more, when I do need one it's normally this small Wenger one.  I really like the fact it's got a stow-away waist strap, so when doing something active you can secure it tightly, but for more casual use you can get rid of the annoying straps hanging down.
Nice
Weasel

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: June 15, 2016, 01:38:21 AM
Quick pic, info to follow..
JR
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 201.24 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: June 15, 2016, 02:19:42 AM
Ok, the one pic in the top left is what it was before I did anything,, it was a nice bag but just way to big.. So, I did a little cutting, stitch ripping, and then sewing back up! Two days later and that's what I ended up with, I didn't want anything big, but if when I'm out I find something, I can take the zipper and run it around the pack and it will give it another 4" and make it about the size of a normal size pack.. Still got to do some customizing, zipper pulls, more Velcro for patches, and some other things, but at least all the hard craps done..
JR

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: June 15, 2016, 09:31:39 AM
Nice job mate. :salute:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: June 15, 2016, 03:30:04 PM
Nice job mate. :salute:
Thanks, it did seam like a nice bag, I just never got to using it cause it was so big. As far as the mod you can see the bag on the bag in the top left pic, I pretty much just took the middle section out and trimmed the back and extension to size, the one thing I thought of doing is there's a little compartment for a water bladder and moving the zipper to make it like a secret compartment, but after so many hrs of stress I said screw it and just closed it up. But I still have the zipper and it's still possible..  >:D
JR

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: June 15, 2016, 06:30:55 PM
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #52 on: June 20, 2016, 08:19:31 PM
I prefer sling bags (shoulder bags), but I carry a backpack as my EDC system, too

Currently is this one here

:salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #53 on: June 20, 2016, 08:33:00 PM
Nice setup :tu: I still got some work to do on mine that I've been working on, you can see it in the pic a few posts back..
JR

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #54 on: June 20, 2016, 09:03:23 PM
I would like to carry a backpack daily, but it is not practical for me.  For one, I work at home from a laptop at my kitchen table.  I guess I could wear a backpack while sitting here, but my Mrs. Powernoodle might give me the stink eye.  I also do not find it practical to carry a Man Sack while out and about.  I carry enough essentials in my pocket and on my belt - MT/SAK, light, Sharpie, small pistol, spare mag, phone, etc.  If I commuted to work, I would definitely EDC a bag.

I do keep a Maxpedition Mongo in my vehicle, and carry it to church and other occasions.  Its more of a convenience bag, containing an Anker battery, phone charger, note pad, pens, zip ties, Tums/Advil/Imodium. small FAK for boo boos and bleeders, MT, pepper spray, Nalgene bottle (Hibiscus tea), larger pistol with spare mags, etc.  From time to time, it gets too heavy and I have to thin the herd and start over.  Carrying a roll of Gorilla tape, a pair of sweet Knipex plier/wrenches, etc. is fun, but the weight adds up quickly.

I own 3x large tupperware containers crammed full of Maxpedition and 5.11 Man Sacks, bags and accessories.  But the Mongo fits my current requirements most closely.

No Sh*t Magnet or zombie patches.  I like to fly below the radar.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:06:39 PM by powernoodle »
:doggy: :doggy: :doggy:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #55 on: June 20, 2016, 10:02:49 PM
I would like to carry a backpack daily, but it is not practical for me.  For one, I work at home from a laptop at my kitchen table.  I guess I could wear a backpack while sitting here, but my Mrs. Powernoodle might give me the stink eye.  I also do not find it practical to carry a Man Sack while out and about.  I carry enough essentials in my pocket and on my belt - MT/SAK, light, Sharpie, small pistol, spare mag, phone, etc.  If I commuted to work, I would definitely EDC a bag.

I do keep a Maxpedition Mongo in my vehicle, and carry it to church and other occasions.  Its more of a convenience bag, containing an Anker battery, phone charger, note pad, pens, zip ties, Tums/Advil/Imodium. small FAK for boo boos and bleeders, MT, pepper spray, Nalgene bottle (Hibiscus tea), larger pistol with spare mags, etc.  From time to time, it gets too heavy and I have to thin the herd and start over.  Carrying a roll of Gorilla tape, a pair of sweet Knipex plier/wrenches, etc. is fun, but the weight adds up quickly.

I own 3x large tupperware containers crammed full of Maxpedition and 5.11 Man Sacks, bags and accessories.  But the Mongo fits my current requirements most closely.

(Image removed from quote.)
No Sh*t Magnet or zombie patches.  I like to fly below the radar.

I hear you, I'm at home 95%, and the Mrs. Also gives me that look.. I also wear a boonie hat and very light weight long sleeve over shirt in summer, so I don't get toasted, and since there both tan I get made fun of since I look like Indiana jones, since he carries a bag..
  I used to carry everything in pocket or sheath since I didn't have a bag, but now the pockets and belt are lighted since I don't carry as much, and with a backpack or shoulder bag you can just stash everything in.. The bag I was using isn't that full but for some reason it was just pulling on the neck and it sucked having to take it off/on every time getting in/out of the car since wearing a hat and having to stretch it over, And with a backpack it doesn't have to go over head! The one I just made is about 11" wide, 15" tall but only about 2-1/2" deep, that is until you extend it, then it makes it about 6" deep.. This way it will hold my normal must haves, fak, multitools, flashlights, Rx's, and other goodies, yet if we stop somewhere and get something and I don't feel like carrying it, we'll make the bag bigger and toss it in.. Plus having a larger flat front face so I can put more Velcro on(what I'm working on) and can put more pins and patches on it! Gotta show my support for mt.o!
JR

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: August 09, 2016, 04:36:03 PM
Weasel

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: August 09, 2016, 05:24:48 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice Weasel :cheers: What pack is that :think:
Cheers buddy it's a Pygmy falcon ll
It's come up like new after a good cleaning !
Weasel

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #59 on: August 20, 2016, 04:23:26 PM
Toting the shoulder bag around the garden...

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD
88%