Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who carries a backpack everyday?

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Re: Who carries a backpack everyday?
Reply #60 on: November 08, 2017, 03:56:04 PM
Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: November 12, 2017, 07:58:53 PM
I carry an Under Armour Storm. 30.7 liter size ( 18" x 13" x 8")Plenty of room for my tablet, a notebook, a spare pair of pants, my spare Leatherman and SAK, small surefire 60, two 32 oz (1liter each) Nalgene water bottles, sunglasses, ace bandage, a baseball hat around the top handle, lunch, snacks, and various extras. 10 to 20 pounds depending, I guess. Sometimes I bike the 9 miles to work each way, and it does fine.

I single strap it, but obviously have the option of 2 strapping - better overall for the back.

Back in the day I carried a currier sling bag. Those are fine but you should swap shoulders periodically

Offline 386greene

Reply #62 on: November 15, 2017, 02:46:20 AM
I carry my Direct Action Dragon Egg every day

Love the thing, my wife is happy I finally found one to stick with too
IMG_20171114_204348_1.jpg
* IMG_20171114_204348_1.jpg (Filesize: 133.99 KB)
IMG_20171114_204359_1.jpg
* IMG_20171114_204359_1.jpg (Filesize: 155.3 KB)

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #63 on: December 06, 2017, 07:31:22 PM
I EDC a Maxpedition Fatboy Versapack S-Type (the left-side carry version, being that I'm left handed).

I got a Jumbo Versipack first, and it was just too big.

I have a backpack in my car for emergencies, a High Sierra Cirque 30, I think.

But when I need a general use light backpack, I go for a green Jansport Ready pack. That thing is straight up indestructible. And should it ever fail, they replace them. Lifetime Warrantee.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #64 on: December 06, 2017, 08:31:09 PM
Even tho Lynn busted my chops for my murse, I dont carry a bag at all.  I find them much to cumbersome.  I tried hard to convince myself to try.  I have a sling bag and put some items in it but I just cannot bring myself to use it everyday.  Back in the day tho I did rock a bum bag. 
Esse Quam Videri

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: February 10, 2018, 10:35:26 AM

Are you LEO?

The tactical look of all the backpack everybody comment (Maxpedition type) is not very discreet...  :pok: :whistle:

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #66 on: February 10, 2018, 12:00:32 PM

Are you LEO?

The tactical look of all the backpack everybody comment (Maxpedition type) is not very discreet...  :pok: :whistle:

Most anyone who carries a backpack around here carries either tactical or camo so it fits in here fine :think:

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: February 10, 2018, 04:24:58 PM

Are you LEO?

Most anyone who carries a backpack around here carries either tactical or camo so it fits in here fine :think:

And a Glock gun???  :D

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #68 on: February 10, 2018, 04:37:20 PM

Are you LEO?

well, thousands of Americans (civilian, military and LE)  pack a Military style bag and CCW, if he's in the US is not really that uncommon   :think:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #69 on: February 10, 2018, 06:15:59 PM
Yeah, I see a lot of tactical style bags in use on a regular basis here in Indiana. Saw a guy carrying a Maxpedition Versipack of some kind at the doctor's office not long ago.

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #70 on: February 11, 2018, 04:04:23 PM

Are you LEO?

Not sure of the brands but many do have concealed carries :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #71 on: February 11, 2018, 04:23:30 PM
I live in a big military city and also see a lot of tactical bags.  I think at some point they disappear with all the other backpacks.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #72 on: February 11, 2018, 07:35:50 PM

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #73 on: February 11, 2018, 08:30:35 PM
(Image removed from quote.)
That bag looks nice,kinda looks like a motorcycle saddle bag, I have something similar to that notepad, what does it take for a pad, a mini composition book?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #74 on: February 11, 2018, 08:33:16 PM
That bag looks nice,kinda looks like a motorcycle saddle bag, I have something similar to that notepad, what does it take for a pad, a mini composition book?
JR
Thanks! Best backpack ever! This is actually the pouch wallet. Haven’t tried putting any type of notebooks on it.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: February 11, 2018, 08:53:38 PM
JR
Thanks! Best backpack ever! This is actually the pouch wallet. Haven’t tried putting any type of notebooks on it.
Dang that’s a big wallet, don’t get me wrong I have the next size down..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #76 on: February 11, 2018, 08:54:53 PM
JR
JR
It’s about the size of a small bifold. Think small bifold might even be a mili longer

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #77 on: February 11, 2018, 09:13:33 PM
JR
JR
It’s about the size of a small bifold. Think small bifold might even be a mili longer
Well mine is the small bifold, here’s a crappy back in the day pic, maybe it’s just one of those days, I need a freaking vacation..
JR

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #78 on: February 11, 2018, 09:14:48 PM
JR
JR
Well mine is the small bifold, here’s a crappy back in the day pic, maybe it’s just one of those days, I need a freaking vacation..
JR
That looks like the ID and the medium? Nice wallets! Which one do you use the most?

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: February 11, 2018, 09:31:53 PM
GORUCK GR1 rucksack works well for me for office and travel. Perfect size for stashing underneath the airplane seat and doesn’t look too tactical but still has a bit of molle. Great warranty but I will say because of the tougher material they use it is slightly heavier than most back packs.

Expensive, but if you sign up on their site and check it regularly they have special sales. That’s how I got mine. They have other packs of different sizes too.

But I hear you about a sling pack. I had one from Maxpedition and when fully loaded hurt my shoulder.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: February 11, 2018, 09:49:30 PM
I cannot exist without my backpack. ATM I carry one which is designed for carrying notebook computers, so it doesn't suit my needs much, but still a backpack is a backpack.  :multi:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: February 11, 2018, 09:57:02 PM
JR
JR
JR
That looks like the ID and the medium? Nice wallets! Which one do you use the most?
The id, the other pretty much just carries junk, medical stuff, and a few other things, unlike the id one, has my $$, id, and important cards..
JR

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: February 11, 2018, 11:52:53 PM
I carry one every day of you consider going from house to truck to a different house or business and back to house carrying?
I need Windows PC with an actual Serial Port and a Mac all the time for service along with a tiny HDMI monitor and some other pricey doodads so I carry them in and out every day unless I forget.

Most recently I have been carrying the Evade for more than a year and it is about perfect for my needs and light enough to not hamper me actually carrying through airports as needed.
Great really well made bag with good organization AND Bottle Pockets that really work for bottles!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #83 on: February 12, 2018, 02:53:14 AM
GORUCK GR1 rucksack works well for me for office and travel. Perfect size for stashing underneath the airplane seat and doesn’t look too tactical but still has a bit of molle. Great warranty but I will say because of the tougher material they use it is slightly heavier than most back packs.

Expensive, but if you sign up on their site and check it regularly they have special sales. That’s how I got mine. They have other packs of different sizes too.

But I hear you about a sling pack. I had one from Maxpedition and when fully loaded hurt my shoulder.
The bullet is nice and sleek! :tu:

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #84 on: February 12, 2018, 11:58:56 AM
Yes, I do.
DSC04347-carver.jpg
* DSC04347-carver.jpg (Filesize: 247.75 KB)

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: February 25, 2018, 05:27:59 PM
I do.  Usually have my Swiss Tech pack on, but am picking up this Klein Tools Pro Organizer in Camo today!  cant wait
http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/tradesman-pro-organizers/tradesman-pro-camo-backpack
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Who carries a backpack everyday?
Reply #86 on: February 25, 2018, 05:56:56 PM
I use mine as more of a backup  in a spare truck and don't really have it loaded up completely yet but it is a nice bag overall for sure.
I like how wide open it can get and lay flat and even loaded up still feels pretty light weight overall.

Love the Camo too!

I do.  Usually have my Swiss Tech pack on, but am picking up this Klein Tools Pro Organizer in Camo today!  cant wait
http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/tradesman-pro-organizers/tradesman-pro-camo-backpack
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:58:15 PM by ezdog »

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #87 on: February 25, 2018, 06:17:48 PM
I use mine as more of a backup  in a spare truck and don't really have it loaded up completely yet but it is a nice bag overall for sure.
I like how wide open it can get and lay flat and even loaded up still feels pretty light weight overall.

Love the Camo too!
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Awesome, thank you for the ideas.    Im sure I will still use my other one as daily, but looking forward to setting this one up for my tools.  might try it as a more portable knife/tool storage instead of my apache case.
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #88 on: February 25, 2018, 07:01:55 PM
That Klein bags nice, I almost bought something similar but I think it was Kobalt.
JR

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: February 25, 2018, 08:12:50 PM
Yeah buying mine was just a way to delay buying the Veto Pack anyway which I have a feeling is not too far off?

And Plumber its good to see you again,wondered where you wandered to?

Ed

That Klein bags nice, I almost bought something similar but I think it was Kobalt.
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD