Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Kershaw

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
New Kershaw
on: January 26, 2007, 12:31:14 AM
I got a new toy today.  I got the kershaw caribiner tool.  It is pretty cool.  It has a locking combo edge blade, flat and phillips screwdriver, bottle opener and it is a carabiner.  It is far more ergonomic than I thought it would be.  The carabiner locks too.  This appears to be a solid tool and since I carry my keys on a clip anyway, it is a good addition to my arsenal.  It is one of those tools that might come in handy someday.  Anyone out there have one of these?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: New Kershaw
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 12:05:18 PM
Not yet, but it's on the list!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 05:19:38 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that it comes in several colors.  Black, Blue, Red, and I think there is even one in yellow or somthing but I may be wrong.  I also found out that it fits perfectly around my fist.  Not necessarily my cup o tea but for those interested in self defense it would make a nice impromptu set of Brass Knuckles at least for someone with my hand size anyway. >:D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 06:07:06 PM
I'm not really familiar with the Kershaw line. Browsing their website HERE it appears there are two different models of carabiner knife. (in addition to the color variations.)

~Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 06:04:21 PM
Bob,

There are 2 kershaw carabiner models.  One model is the National geographic carabiner tool.  That is the one that I have.  It has the features listed in the first post ofthis thread.  The other model is the Lite carabiner tool.  I have not seen one of these in person but I know that they are made predominantly of plastic instead of the cast aluminum frame of the tool that I own and only have a blade to my knowledge.  They are pretty cheap and judging by the pictures I have seen they are not too sturdy.  However, like I said, I have not personally handled one yet.   

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 06:30:41 PM
Okay, I get it now. Thanks. It sounds like the National Geographic model is the one I would be interested in.

That knife blade looks to be pretty substantial. I like that. How useful do you think the screwdrivers will be? Are they long enough to be useful?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline inkster

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 02:54:19 AM
I like those, although I am not fond of the part serrated blades.  Do you know if they make them in plain edge as well?

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 10:04:18 PM
J-Sews,

The blade is over 3" I think 3 1/4" to be precise without using a ruler.  It is a sheepsfoot design like the spyderco rescue.  The screwdrivers I cannot speak volumes for tough.  I believe that they will hold up in light duty situations but I would not push em too far.  They are not overly long either, you could get away with tightening shallow screws but anything that requires maneuvering in a tight place is out of the question.

Inkster,

unfortuneatly, no plain edge is available at this time nor do I think it will be an option.  I too am not fond of serrated blades because they are hard to sharpen quickly.   

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%