Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Pioneer X Owners Club

yud · 986 · 68423

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: The Pioneer X Owners Club
Reply #540 on: August 01, 2018, 12:34:39 PM
 :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #541 on: August 01, 2018, 12:36:43 PM
Can’t believe I haven’t posted this here yet...

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #542 on: August 01, 2018, 12:38:40 PM
Damn jaya, that's fancy pants.   :drool:   :like:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #543 on: August 01, 2018, 12:38:53 PM
Nice pic jaya :like: :like: :tu:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #544 on: August 01, 2018, 12:43:06 PM
Thanks Zoid and Wspeed :like:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #545 on: August 02, 2018, 12:32:26 PM

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #546 on: August 02, 2018, 12:46:11 PM
I’d love to grab the blue and the black PXs from DLT (?) but I know they’d not get used. I have my PX that I use and abuse already and I’d hate to spend nearly $100 for drawer queens...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #547 on: August 02, 2018, 03:45:12 PM
I have one , guess I’m in . Just wish they would do a Farmer X .

Chris

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #548 on: August 02, 2018, 04:31:33 PM
Agreed.  I think a Farmer X would be a big seller. And, I know it can be done........

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #549 on: August 02, 2018, 04:40:55 PM
Agreed.  I think a Farmer X would be a big seller. And, I know it can be done........

(Image removed from quote.)
Stop! :twak: showing! :twak: OFF! :twak: :twak:

:like:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #550 on: August 02, 2018, 05:03:16 PM
 :rofl: :rofl: :like:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #551 on: August 02, 2018, 05:10:35 PM
 :like: :like: :like:

Sure is a beauty!  Other than checking it when it arrived, mine hasn't seen the light of day since.

:cheers:

Jim

Can’t believe I haven’t posted this here yet... (Image removed from quote.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:12:19 PM by NorCalJim »

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #552 on: August 03, 2018, 12:07:46 AM
Warning: Admiring great photos of wonderful Alox models can lead to purchases!  I was happily browsing the "What's your latest SAK?" topic and the next thing I know, I am over at DLT Trading buying two Pioneer Xs (black & blue) and a 2018 special edition red Pioneer.

Jim

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #553 on: August 03, 2018, 12:31:29 AM
Oh,....Jim..... :facepalm:

(You are being a bad influence here.  :twak:)

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #554 on: August 03, 2018, 01:53:52 AM
Oh,....Jim..... :facepalm:

(You are being a bad influence here.  :twak:)

Hey, I'm the one being influenced and am offering a public spirited warning to others!  :angel:

:climber:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #555 on: August 03, 2018, 01:58:34 AM
 :rofl:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #556 on: August 03, 2018, 12:13:08 PM

gb Offline Jaypeebee

• No Life Club
Reply #557 on: August 03, 2018, 07:31:11 PM
20180803_062737-1641x1139.jpg
* 20180803_062737-1641x1139.jpg (Filesize: 166.77 KB)

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #558 on: August 03, 2018, 07:50:43 PM
Nice to see your pic in the calendar  :like: :like: :tu:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #559 on: August 03, 2018, 08:30:04 PM
I remember purchasing a standard Pioneer X and having the belief that this would be my one and only Vic Alox purchase.  At the time, I was fond of the Super Tinker and made frequent use of the blade and scissors tools.  The Pioneer X was a SAK dream come true compared with the Super Tinker with better build quality and slightly larger blade.  I couldn't imagine the need to get any more Alox SAKs.

Meanwhile, those in the Alox & Pioneer topic areas treated my declaration with amusement. I was told that there was no known cure for Alox Addiction and that it was just a matter of time before I came down with it.  I never did come down with Alox addiction but I did end up with a storage container full of Alox SAKs.  :whistle:

My standard PX along with my MTO special edition red PX will soon be joined by black and blue PXs.  This time, I am not claiming to be finished with any further purchases.  I love it when waiting for something special to be delivered!

:mail:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #560 on: August 03, 2018, 08:36:12 PM
Proper hooked NCJ :rofl: :rofl: :like:

gb Offline Jaypeebee

• No Life Club
Reply #561 on: August 03, 2018, 09:36:32 PM
Thanks Wspeed  :tu:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #562 on: August 04, 2018, 04:46:08 AM
I remember purchasing a standard Pioneer X and having the belief that this would be my one and only Vic Alox purchase.  At the time, I was fond of the Super Tinker and made frequent use of the blade and scissors tools.  The Pioneer X was a SAK dream come true compared with the Super Tinker with better build quality and slightly larger blade.  I couldn't imagine the need to get any more Alox SAKs.

Meanwhile, those in the Alox & Pioneer topic areas treated my declaration with amusement. I was told that there was no known cure for Alox Addiction and that it was just a matter of time before I came down with it.  I never did come down with Alox addiction but I did end up with a storage container full of Alox SAKs.  :whistle:

My standard PX along with my MTO special edition red PX will soon be joined by black and blue PXs.  This time, I am not claiming to be finished with any further purchases.  I love it when waiting for something special to be delivered!

Nope. Not addicted. You have no alox badges yet. You must have that certification to be addicted  :D

Official Multitool.org Merit Badge Instruction Thread: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=59292.0

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #563 on: August 04, 2018, 05:53:20 AM

Nope. Not addicted. You have no alox badges yet. You must have that certification to be addicted  :D

Official Multitool.org Merit Badge Instruction Thread: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=59292.0

Thanks for the link but no merit badges for me.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #564 on: August 04, 2018, 06:06:10 AM
Setting here at work, killing time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #565 on: August 27, 2018, 05:57:43 PM
The original X from the Victorinox website......
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #566 on: August 27, 2018, 06:02:18 PM
and my EDC for well over a year and a half.......

Just love it for its compact size and those scissors are soooo useful in daily life. :tu:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:05:04 PM by Guardian »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #567 on: August 27, 2018, 06:05:31 PM

Lol, whatchu got against merit badges Jim?

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #568 on: August 27, 2018, 06:56:43 PM

Lol, whatchu got against merit badges Jim?

Nothing against them, just no interest in pursuing them. I do appreciate the enthusiasm and effort of those who do!

:salute:

Jim

us Offline DEMartin

Reply #569 on: September 19, 2018, 12:38:33 AM
 :(
I finally purchased a black Pioneer X from DLT to go with my black Pioneer and black Farmer. I've carried it for a month to give it a fair trial. In my opinion Victorinox really missed the mark with the left-hand scissors. I'm old, arthritic and right-handed. I do not like the placement of the nail nick for the scissors and find it very difficult for me to open them; therefore my Pioneer X is side tracked to the drawer, no longer considered for EDC. I certainly favor the Alox in line awl, but when scissors are needed I will put my Climber in service.
Water, water, every where,
 And all the boards did shrink;
 Water, water, every where,
 Nor any drop to drink.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85