Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Police Need Smaller Surge

Rico-2 · 146 · 11044

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Police Need Smaller Surge
Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 08:49:30 AM
micro can opener:

(Image removed from quote.)
What does a cop need a can-opener for?
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 11:33:12 AM
micro can opener:

(Image removed from quote.)

To release unjustly arrested persons...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 11:34:00 AM

The Skeletool RX is interesting, since the blade offers a last resort self-defence option, if the other police weapons would not be available or appropriate. For example one cannot shoot in a crowd, without the risk of killing innocent bystanders.

I don't know where you're from but around here police don't go stabbing into crowds, or depend on blades as a self defense option.

Micro files, mini trauma scissors.   :facepalm:   Micro can opener.   :rofl:

Yes, not many places where that happens...

Show content
Also not many places where we have to consider asian LEOs and not hispanic ones...

Show content
Slowly and surely, we're getting there...

8) 8)

In fairness I have never known Hispanics to be that much smaller on  average then say white people but then again we may just grow them bigger in Ohio.  Also are you insinuating that there is an area of the world that the police are accomplish knife fighters?

I see you're getting there, too...

:cheers: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 04:10:39 PM

IMO a micro can opener should not be carried on the body, but in the patrol car, for disaster situations. It weighs almost nothing. So there is no reason to omit it.

Offline Ryo Saeba

Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 05:15:55 PM

Emergency canned donuts?? That has to be a thing that exists.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 05:43:57 PM

IMO a micro can opener should not be carried on the body, but in the patrol car, for disaster situations. It weighs almost nothing. So there is no reason to omit it.

Helium balloons do weigh nothing.. actually negative weight.  So maybe they should carry those too just in case of an impromptu party!

Seriously though, a can can easily be opened with a knife if there was a need.  Ive actually built custom SAKs for alot of police officers and those have can openers on them. 
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 06:02:04 PM
Seriously though, a can can easily be opened with a knife if there was a need.

It could be done as a last resort, but that seems not very safe, even if the knife was locked. Some people wound themselves even using a full sized can opener.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:38:49 PM by Rico-2 »

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 06:40:16 PM
Ive actually built custom SAKs for alot of police officers and those have can openers on them.
Did you ask them, why they wanted a can opener on it?

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 06:48:59 PM
Ive actually built custom SAKs for alot of police officers and those have can openers on them.
Did you ask them, why they wanted a can opener on it?

'cause it's a tool that already exists, doubles as a small SD and can be used to other cutting/puncturing tasks?...

:think:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 07:01:48 PM
Seriously though, a can can easily be opened with a knife if there was a need.  Ive actually built custom SAKs for alot of police officers and those have can openers on them.

Some can openers in multi-tools can double as a bottle opener.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #40 on: May 13, 2016, 09:09:18 PM
   A smaller Surge is just a Wave. The difference in weight between the two would make no difference on a belt with all the other stuff on it that policeman have on it.  :salute:

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #41 on: May 14, 2016, 12:11:18 AM
So the Leatherman Skeletool RX could be used by police officers, for permanent carry on their duty belt or utility vest. The Skeletool RX is ergonomic and has a handy bit-driver for flat Leatherman screw bits. It has an 80 percent serrated blade edge with a safety sheepfoot point, for rescue purposes.

http://www.leatherman.com/skeletool-rx-464.html

A drawback of the Skeletool RX is that it has no replaceable wire cutters, like the Leatherman Signal. The Signal is a bit heavier, and could also be chosen for police officers. They both are priced at 100 dollars, but mega orders can get discount probably.

http://www.leatherman.com/signal-439.html#q=signal&start=1
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:20:49 AM by Rico-2 »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: May 14, 2016, 12:23:17 AM
Signal over RX any day. Although IMO the 'hammer' isn't. And I will laugh at anyone that claims otherwise.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #43 on: May 14, 2016, 12:38:00 AM
Signal over RX any day. Although IMO the 'hammer' isn't. And I will laugh at anyone that claims otherwise.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :tu:  RX is Overrated . Signal owned Rx easy 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:44:40 AM by Obi1shinobee »

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #44 on: May 14, 2016, 12:52:08 AM
A smaller Surge is just a Wave. The difference in weight between the two would make no difference on a belt with all the other stuff on it that policeman have on it.

The Surge weighs 12.5 oz. The Wave weighs 8.5 oz. The Signal weighs 7.5 oz. The Skeletool RX weighs 5 oz. The weight difference is significant.

Police officers weigh 20-25 pounds heavier with uniform, full duty belt and bullet-proof vest. That extra weight probably reduces their running speed and succes rate in pursuit on foot. Therefore there is an ongoing struggle to keep all the carried police equipment as light-weight as possible.

A five oz weight reduction on ten items sums up to a total of 50 oz. That will probably increase running speed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:55:53 AM by Rico-2 »

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #45 on: May 14, 2016, 12:55:43 AM
A smaller Surge is just a Wave. The difference in weight between the two would make no difference on a belt with all the other stuff on it that policeman have on it.

The Surge weighs 12.5 oz. The Wave weighs 8.5 oz. The Signal weighs 7.5 oz. The Skeletool RX weighs 5 oz. The weight difference is significant.

Police officers weigh 20-25 pounds heavier with uniform, full duty belt and bullet-proof vest. That extra weight probably reduces their running speed and succes rate in pursuit on foot. Therefore there is an ongoing struggle to keep all the carried police equipment as light-weight as possible. A five oz weight reduction on ten items sums up to a total of 50 oz. That will increase running speed.

Increase Running speed then you need get Ps4 :pok:

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #46 on: May 14, 2016, 01:00:49 AM
Small offiers could carry Leatherman Squirt PS4, but its blade should be (partly) serrated.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #47 on: May 14, 2016, 01:24:30 AM

Police officers weigh 20-25 pounds heavier with uniform, full duty belt and bullet-proof vest. That extra weight probably reduces their running speed and succes rate in pursuit on foot. Therefore there is an ongoing struggle to keep all the carried police equipment as light-weight as possible. A five oz weight reduction on ten items sums up to a total of 50 oz. That will increase running speed.

I only have the PS3 but by using the Lightweight + Extreme Conditioning Perks I can run faster.....

Wait a minute.....  :facepalm: 

Nevermind.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #48 on: May 14, 2016, 01:34:06 AM

I only have the PS3 but by using the Lightweight + Extreme Conditioning Perks I can run faster.....

Wait a minute.....  :facepalm: 

Nevermind.

Only thing i have to say ENSLAVE BY BLAVE

Offline mikekoz

Reply #49 on: May 14, 2016, 01:48:05 AM

Police officers weigh 20-25 pounds heavier with uniform, full duty belt and bullet-proof vest. That extra weight probably reduces their running speed and succes rate in pursuit on foot. Therefore there is an ongoing struggle to keep all the carried police equipment as light-weight as possible.

A five oz weight reduction on ten items sums up to a total of 50 oz. That will probably increase running speed.

Yes, but we are only talking about one item.  8)

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #50 on: May 14, 2016, 04:26:19 AM

How can the cops help you, if they cannot outrun your 18-yr old mugger on meth? They can't shoot him, can they?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:22:30 AM by Rico-2 »

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #51 on: May 14, 2016, 04:54:54 AM

How can the cops help you, if hey cannot outrun your 18-yr old mugger on meth? They can't shoot him, can they?
But the point is you are only suggesting limiting weight in one area, which you are actually adding.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #52 on: May 14, 2016, 05:06:23 AM
These threads have taken on an almost surreal quality the past day or two..... ::)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #53 on: May 14, 2016, 05:11:59 AM
These threads have taken on an almost surreal quality the past day or two..... ::)

:cheers:  Choice Surge DONE.....

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #54 on: May 14, 2016, 05:26:32 AM
Only way you get Smaller Surge is Metro Charge  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :drool: :gimme:
Metro hack 2.jpg
* Metro hack 2.jpg (Filesize: 87.07 KB)

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #55 on: May 14, 2016, 05:36:07 AM
But the point is you are only suggesting limiting weight in one area, which you are actually adding.

I try to consider situations, options in tactics and equipment, limitations and problems, developments, possible solutions, arguments, counterarguments and new perspectives. These considerations are supported by other peoples' valuable view-points in this discussion.

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #56 on: May 14, 2016, 05:40:52 AM

I try to consider situations, options in tactics and equipment, limitations and problems, developments, possible solutions, arguments, counterarguments and new perspectives. These considerations are supported by other peoples' valuable view-points in this discussion.

:think:

What do these two statements have to do with one another?

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #57 on: May 14, 2016, 05:42:47 AM
Only way you get Smaller Surge is Metro Charge
Nice. What does it weigh?

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #58 on: May 14, 2016, 05:45:05 AM
What do these two statements have to do with one another?

I didn't add weight. I am just considering pros and cons.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #59 on: May 14, 2016, 05:56:28 AM
I only know one MT with super light weight and have all tool in it.. is Rambutan/rishardh Tool . Now you can chase bad guy and super light weight or else just get Wave or Rebar ..  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Rambutan.jpg
* Rambutan.jpg (Filesize: 87.33 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24