Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alternative to Benchmade 531

Demel · 35 · 2517

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Alternative to Benchmade 531
Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 03:20:17 PM
Bemchmade made me smile.....all about the cheap thrills this time of (this) month (particularly)  :D

I know that particular buzz.   ::)   :D

Still this thread has me pondering a cheap blade to see if I like the ergos enough to save for the expensive version.   :facepalm:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 03:30:03 PM
I stopped fulling myself/apologising by saying that I buy the cheap item, the homage, to see if I will buy the more expensive one. Usually the cheap one is good enough for me and I do not feel the need to justify my buys.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: May 16, 2016, 03:42:39 PM
I stopped fulling myself/apologising by saying that I buy the cheap item, the homage, to see if I will buy the more expensive one. Usually the cheap one is good enough for me and I do not feel the need to justify my buys.

I really have little to no interest in the cheaper one.

But US$200 is way more than I've ever spent on a knife so before I bleed money and effort to get it here...

I probably already have enough knives to get me through life, I might enjoy using another style more though, knives will get used whatever happens.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: May 16, 2016, 04:17:57 PM
I'm with dks. Usually I don't need an expensive knife with super steel. I only have a couple higher end knives but my cheap ones do me well too.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: May 16, 2016, 04:29:56 PM
Well, since I lost the Finn Wolf which was supposed to be my this-is-it-for-a-while EDC I've been looking again.

Looking progressed from CS to Spyderco, and as soon as Spyderco was in the mix Benchmade joined the fun......and some of the better Kershaws are even being considered.

Then I land on the wrong youtube channel and I have to fight the urge to apply for a credit card and buy several hands full of Ganzos  :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%