Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

BB and Pellet Guns.

Chako · 10 · 1928

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
BB and Pellet Guns.
on: April 21, 2020, 06:59:42 AM
I had a bit of extra time and thought I should do something to keep myself a little busy. I decided to show off my BB and Pellet gun collection...but they are all users. they mostly occupy one of the gun cabinets in my gun room. I am going to talk a little about each. I will list them in no particular order.

Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.

I bought this one recently more as a nod to nostalgia. I was given one as a child by my grandfather. I loved that gun, and wish I still had it. I have no clue what happened to it to be honest. It was one of my prized possessions, and I remember using the original in the backyard plinking away. I also recall the BBs bouncing back at me some of the times. I saw this on sale, and just had to walk down memory lane. One thing I do not like about the newer version, the lever is now plastic, whereas the older model was all steel. Mostly everything else is accurate to the older version, right down to the lack of power..explaining why the BBs would bounce back at you if you ween';t careful.

IMG_8367A by Chako, on Flickr

Air Ventury Lil Duke BB gun.

After buying the Red Ryder, I saw this in another store and thought I should get it as it appeared to have a metal loop...which it does. This is a nice little western themed lever gun. About the same power as the Red Ryder, but of better construction.

IMG_8368A by Chako, on Flickr

Crosman Marlin Classic BB gun.

Of course, when i saw this in another store, I just had to have it to compare to the two mentioned above. I was immediately disappointed in the plastic stock and forearm. About the same power as the 2 above. Otherwise, a fun shooter for backyard plinking.

IMG_8369A by Chako, on Flickr

Roebel Chinese side-lever pellet gun.

This very heavy rifle has a side-lever to cock the piston. I find this a bit dangerous in operation as the breech block is heavy and threatens to crush your fingers as you attempt to put a single .177 pellet inside. A neat design, but I think it is ripped off from a Xisico BAM design.

IMG_8370a by Chako, on Flickr

Roebel Chinese side-lever pellet gun.

This is a different version. One I like less because there is no possibility of adding a scope to this design. Still has the same dangerous loading fun.

IMG_8371a by Chako, on Flickr

Umarex Morph 3X.

Here is a neat design. It is a handgun, then you can add a longer stock, and or you can add a longer barrel. Surprisingly, with the longer barrel, this one stops being legal in Canada...as it shoots above 500 fps. CO2 powered. A favorite of mine for its modularity.

IMG_8372A by Chako, on Flickr

Daisy Grizzly pellet/BB gun.

A neat single pump action single shot pellet gun, or 350 shot BB repeater. A nice little shooter with included 4x15 scope. Ideal for kids of all ages that want a smooth easy to shoot plinker.

IMG_8373A by Chako, on Flickr

Umarex Steel Force BB gun.

Cool CO2 powered BB gun along the lines of the AR platform. What makes this one super fun is a burst mode that shoots 6 BBs at a time. In Canada, its the closest thing you will get to a machine gun. It does go through CO2 canisters rather quickly, but this will put a silly grin on the face.

IMG_8375A by Chako, on Flickr

Umarex Steel Storm BB gun.

Another single or 6 burst BB gun shooter.  Not as accurate as the Steel Force, but it can give you that shoot from the hip Uzi action feeling.

IMG_8376A by Chako, on Flickr

Umarex T.A.C Converter XBG BB gun.

A handgun that fits into a outer shell that offers a butt stock and lots of attatchment points. CO2 powered and shoots BBs. I find myself just leaving the handgun in there and using it as you see it. I added a functioning red dot sight...just because.

IMG_8377A by Chako, on Flickr

Daisy Winchester 1911 BB handgun.

All metal construction with cheap feeling hand-grips.. The holster is for a real 1911, but it didn't fit my 45 ACP. It does fit this to a Tee though. CO2 powered which means you get a real blowback semi automatic experience. Sort of like the real thing but without any kick.

IMG_8378A by Chako, on Flickr

Crosman SR357 BB gun.

This one feels like the real thing right down to individual removable ammunition that you need to load with a single BB in the tip. CO2 powered and is the next best thing to the real thing...that is until you shoot it. A very nice piece. The holster is one of my IPSC competition holsters for a Smith & Wesson 586 357 magnum. It fits this one very well.

IMG_8379A by Chako, on Flickr

Big Country 1911 Classic BB gun.

Cheap single shot BB gun that is spring loaded. This means  you have to cock each shot separately. To add insult to injury, the whole gun is made of plastic. I keep it stored in this tactical holster to save space.

IMG_8380A by Chako, on Flickr

Umarex Buckmark URX single shot pellet gun.

I bought this because I have Buckmark Hunter in .22LR. This is a single shot break action. At least it doesn't consume CO2 cartridges.

IMG_8381A by Chako, on Flickr

Umarex Colt Defender BB gun.

A bit disappointed with this offering as it doesn't provide a real slide action.

IMG_8382A by Chako, on Flickr

Crosman Vigilante pellet/BB gun.

Comes with 2 cylinders, one is a 10 shot pellet, and the other is a 6 shot BB. Break action for easy loading. Aesthetically, the small cylinders look a bit strange, but it is a nice double action revolver.

IMG_8384A by Chako, on Flickr

Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk pellet gun.

Shooting well above 500 fps, in Canada, you will need a gun licence to own this one. It is also in .22. I like the hard hitting velocity of this rifle, but the cranking of the break barrel is a shore after a dozen shots.

IMG_8385A by Chako, on Flickr

Benjamin Classic pellet gun.

On of my favourites, it shoots .22 pellets and is a break barrel. The wooden stock is super nice.

IMG_8386A by Chako, on Flickr

Crossman 2240, and Backpacker pellet guns.

Both are single action .22 pellet guns. The  2240 uses CO2 cartridges. The Backpacker is pump action, with a removable butt stock.

IMG_8387A by Chako, on Flickr

That concludes my air gun collection.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 07:06:58 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

nz Offline Storm

Re: BB and Pellet Guns.
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 11:34:27 AM
Thanks for sharing chap, i greatly enjoyed the read
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are "

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 12:42:27 PM
I didn't know about the Umarex models with the six shot bursts.  Those look like a lot of fun, I may have to add one to my collection.  I am not surprised that the AR version eats two CO2 cartridges at a time, but wow, that would get expensive!

Still, it could be worth it for the fun of those six round bursts.

I have a few of the ones on your list, and a friend offered me a Daisy 25 the other day.  He has taken it apart and can't be bothered to put it back together.  I may take it, if for no other reason than to have some fun putting it back together!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 01:04:55 PM
Those are great fun...just stock up on a lot of CO2 cartridges.

I have had a few of these for many years. I was a bit shocked at their retail prices these days. The Winchester 1911 is now around a hundred bucks. i think i paid around 60 for it back then.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Mcfal12

Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 03:26:06 AM
Great collection!!

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 02:23:34 PM
Nice collection Chako  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

00 Offline robertsonirene

• New User
Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 02:42:59 PM
Hey! It's been a long time but that's a cool collection you have there! The Daisy Red Ryder BB gun sounds like a classic. It's a shame that the newer version has a plastic lever instead of steel, but it's great that they kept most other features accurate. And yeah, those BBs bouncing back can be tricky if you're not careful!

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 03:41:28 PM
:iagree: And welcome to the forum, robertsonirene :tu:

• New User
Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 10:57:01 AM
Hey! It's been a long time but that's a cool collection you have there! The Daisy Red Ryder BB gun sounds like a classic. It's a shame that the newer version has a plastic lever instead of steel, but it's great that they kept most other features accurate. And yeah, those BBs bouncing back can be tricky if you're not careful!
If you're interested in expanding your collection or checking out other firearms, you should visit LINK REMOVED. They have a wide range of options to explore. Keep enjoying your collection and the memories it holds!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 11:00:13 AM by zoidberg »

• New User
Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 10:57:33 AM
:iagree: And welcome to the forum, robertsonirene :tu:
Hi! Thank you so much  :tu: :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00