Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Bi-Polar doesn't get any love?

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
SOG Bi-Polar doesn't get any love?
on: March 21, 2017, 10:37:51 PM
This was a fantastic knife SOG produced a few years back but no one ever talks about it. It's noe discontinued and a little hard to get. It came in two different models, one with the V-Cutter and one with a serrated sheepsfoot blade. I think the knife got a bad name due to its name in general,  kind of rude to name your knife after s psychological condition. In terms of build and usefulness I absolutely love mine. I use it every now and then for a variety of tasks and it does it all very well. Sucks that no one talks about it and it didn't get the press it deserves.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: SOG Bi-Polar doesn't get any love?
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:53 PM
I can't say as I am actually familiar with that model, but it looks pretty cool and I'd love to get my hands on one.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 11:16:34 PM
It wasn't around for very long and would make a great knife for an EMT or firefighter. I just wish I came with a pocket clip,  it's sheath only carry for this guy.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 11:25:05 PM
Maybe because it was not made in the US or Japan?

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 01:06:18 AM
Did some research and it's usa made and hand sharpened.  I tried a pocket clip that was aftermarket and used 3M tape but the handle is too textured for it to adhere good.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 02:40:39 AM
No pocket clip? bummer, I'd be all over the serrated version of that. I obsessed over the Spyderco Dyad for a time (similar concept), right until I actually handled one. I couldn't bare to hold the damn thing. Cold Steel makes the Lucky, but its way too expensive and difficult to find on the secondary market.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 11:57:48 AM
No pocket clip? bummer, I'd be all over the serrated version of that. I obsessed over the Spyderco Dyad for a time (similar concept), right until I actually handled one. I couldn't bare to hold the damn thing. Cold Steel makes the Lucky, but its way too expensive and difficult to find on the secondary market.

Benchmade makes the Triage, which is similar but also pricey.

You can also look at the Kershaw Funxion EMT which is pretty solid but not nearly as expensive.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 02:35:24 PM

Benchmade makes the Triage, which is similar but also pricey.

You can also look at the Kershaw Funxion EMT which is pretty solid but not nearly as expensive.

Def
I never really got into the belt cutter phenomenon that seems to have gripped the EDC community. If you aren't in law enforcement/EMT/military/sailing, it just isn't useful enough to carry everywhere you go. Personally I have yet to be in a situation where Its use would be superior to a serrated blade, and even if I do get in a serious car wreck (or witness one), one of the three bladed tools essentially always within reach of my seat would suffice.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 04:46:45 PM
Did some research and it's usa made and hand sharpened.  I tried a pocket clip that was aftermarket and used 3M tape but the handle is too textured for it to adhere good.
I have a solution for that if it has a lanyard hole. Does it?
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD