Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Warranty?

clown · 14 · 1590

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
SOG Warranty?
on: May 03, 2017, 02:48:46 AM
Anyone sent anything to SOGs warranty department lately?  I sent a Power Assist to them for repair and it arrived at their office Fri April 21st.  I haven't gotten an email or call or anything yet.

This is my first time sending anything in so I was wondering what I should expect with regards to turnaround time and communication.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: SOG Warranty?
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 02:54:56 AM
I sent My PowerAssist to them. Took about 3 weeks total to get it back with no questions asked.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 03:22:56 AM
Ok cool thanks.  Most of what I could find online said about 3-4 weeks.  Wasn't sure if I should expect any kind of aknowlegment that they received it.  Guess I'll just wait and see 😁

BTW, what did you send yours in for?

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 12:38:27 AM
Got my Power Assist back today!  So two weeks.  Not bad.  Tool came back cleaned with blade sharpened and lock fixed.   I made a note about the can opener and v cutter catching on each other and they still do some but that may be a design issue? 

The best part is when I sent the tool I made a note that I needed a new sheath.  I asked them to contact me for payment but they just sent one no charge!

Thanks SOG!  :tu:  :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 01:36:25 AM
Cool deal. I had to send in my PowerAssist. It was all cleaned up and sharpened and they had a no question ask policy it seems. Glad you got it back.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 03:26:19 AM
Cool deal. I had to send in my PowerAssist. It was all cleaned up and sharpened and they had a no question ask policy it seems. Glad you got it back.

Thanks.  It's actually your fault that I have this Power Assist  :pok:  I had one before but wasnt super thrilled with it.  Youre posts made me want another one.  Ive been watching for one in black but I found this one for too good a price to pass up. 

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 11:15:37 AM

Thanks.  It's actually your fault that I have this Power Assist  :pok:  I had one before but wasnt super thrilled with it.  Youre posts made me want another one.  Ive been watching for one in black but I found this one for too good a price to pass up.
LOL! Sorry about that.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 04:05:20 AM

LOL! Sorry about that.

Don't be.  I'm glad to have it!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 04:08:30 AM
 :tu:
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline kakashi

Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 10:46:00 PM
Do SOG require any proof of purchase or anything for a warranty issue?  I just bought a power lock because I like the pliers and being able to butterfly open them unlike a leatherman. When I was checking it over, I noticed that the lock mechanism on the blade/scissor side wont engage without forcing it. This was about a week after it arrived and of course I threw out the clamshell.

I bought it new on fleabay so I can't just take it back to a bricks and mortar store. I've emailed the seller to see what they say but I'm not holding my breath. Ironically I just sold my surge so I'm going to be without a tool for sometime if if takes them 3-4 weeks. I wish I'd kept the surge now  >:(

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 01:13:56 AM
No they dont. If you have the tool and send it in, they will fix it. The tool has a life time warranty, not the owner. SOG has one of the best warranties hands down.
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline kakashi

Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 03:07:09 AM
I sent them a email after eventually finding the right address. On their website, when you click on warranty forms, it sends you back to the front page.

Haven't heard anything back as of yet.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 03:10:27 AM
Give them a day. They should get ahold of you soon. I never had a problem with them yet.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 01:13:03 AM
My powerlock has the same issue.  Never bothered me enough to send it in.  Let me know of they fix it for you.  I may send it in at some point. When I sent my Power Assist I had no contact with anyone at sog at all.  Just sent them the tool with a letter explaining what was wrong and waited to get it back. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%