Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Meindl hiking boots and Vic Pioneer X

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
New Meindl hiking boots and Vic Pioneer X
on: May 24, 2016, 11:17:57 PM
Two weeks ago my family and I went shopping for a new pair of hiking boots for my oldest son.  After trying on a couple of different brands, he said the Meindl Vacuum were his favourite pair.
Since the shop was giving 10% discount on all hiking boots I decided to try on these Meindl boots myself ...  :facepalm:

So instead of going home with one pair of boots, we went home with two ...  ::)

Summer, you can come now, we're ready  :pok:.

A couple of days earlier my wife bought me a Vic Pioneer X, and since I have not yet posted any pics of it I'll post some of them here, along with my new Meindls  8).

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Re: New Meindl hiking boots and Vic Pioneer X
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:06:41 AM
I hadn't heard of MEINDL before but I can tell you these seem like good quality boots :tu: Enjoy!

How do you like the Pioneer X so far?
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 12:26:23 AM
Meindl make fantastic boots, though even with 10% off I'm guessing they weren't cheap.  Worth it for a good fitting pair of boots IMO.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 12:30:57 AM
and now I feel the need to go and clean my boots for some reason. :think:

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 12:38:18 AM
Now you've got some boots from round the corner where I'm from.
Interesting, but just a week ago I gave some hitchhikers a lift to the Meindl factory- a boatbuilder and a carpenter, both on the "Walz", their journeyman-years (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journeyman_years). They specifically wanted to that factory, because both needed boots that'd last and work.

Hope they will always carry you safely !

Tomcat
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:48:04 AM by Tomcat_81 »
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 01:17:12 AM
I hadn't heard of MEINDL before but I can tell you these seem like good quality boots :tu: Enjoy!

How do you like the Pioneer X so far?

Haven't used it much, I've carried it a couple of days, but apart from the regular loose thread the Pioneer X hasn't seen any real use ...  but still, it's an alox with a pair of scissors, so it will always be great in my opinion  ;).

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 01:35:18 AM
Meindl make fantastic boots, though even with 10% off I'm guessing they weren't cheap.  Worth it for a good fitting pair of boots IMO.

I used to wear combat boots from the Belgian Army when I was young(er  ;)), but when I was about 26 years old I got myself a pair of Lafuma hiking boots, and since then I've had had hiking boots from Jack Wolfskin, Merrell and Lowa.  I didn't really like the Jack Wolfskin boots, but the Merrells were great, but not ideal for real mountain hiking (read, Austria/Switzerland) in my opinion.  So I got a pair of Lowa Catalan GTX boots, and these are great, heavy duty, mountaineering boots, but a bit too heavy and sturdy for hiking in the Belgian Ardennes ...  I know, I'm having a third world problem ...  :-[

Anyway, the Meindl boots feel great, I must say, the most comfortable boots right out of the box I've owned until now, but I'll give an update when I've used them a couple of months.

And yes, they still weren't really cheap, but with a bit of luck, I can get something between 5 to 10 years out of them, and then the retail price is not that bad, spread over these years ...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:56:55 AM by Top-Gear-24 »

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 01:39:30 AM
Now you've got some boots from round the corner where I'm from.
Interesting, but just a week ago I gave some hitchhikers a lift to the Meindl factory- a boatbuilder and a carpenter, both on the "Walz", their journeyman-years (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journeyman_years). They specifically wanted to that factory, because both needed boots that'd last and work.

Hope they will always carry you safely !

Tomcat

I knew Meindl was a German company, but I didn't know they were from Bavaria (one of the most beautiful regions in Europe in my opinion), great to know  :D.

I'm also hoping they will serve me safely for a long time, thanks mate  :salute:.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 01:49:48 AM
You've reminded me that I've got some gortex Lafuma summer weight boots that I should really dig out now that the weather has improved.

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 10:47:32 AM
[...]
And yes, they still weren't really cheap, but with a bit of luck, I can get something between 5 to 10 years out of them, and then the retail price is not that bad, spread over these years ...

I agree, good footwear is a wise investment in many ways: not only does it last longer than cheaper stuff, it also helps prevent sore feet, backaches, strains.
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD