Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why no love for Cold Steel?

Kampfer · 1137 · 65939

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Why no love for Cold Steel?
Reply #450 on: June 15, 2017, 10:57:07 AM
one can see a few things have changed
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #451 on: June 15, 2017, 03:59:13 PM
a great, much forgotten and overlooked one

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #452 on: June 20, 2017, 04:10:00 PM
the big fat brother!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #453 on: June 25, 2017, 10:15:51 AM
My toys:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #454 on: June 25, 2017, 10:34:24 AM
What's happened to all your old pics mate? :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

hr Offline styx

Reply #455 on: June 25, 2017, 12:01:40 PM
What's happened to all your old pics mate? :-\

Photobucket's terms of service changed recently and now they are being a bit abrasive with free users

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #456 on: June 25, 2017, 12:05:43 PM
The same with paid users as well. For a whole week, I was bombarded with advertisement and their telling me that I could pay to make it all go away...but I am a paid customer. They eventually fixed it.  :facepalm:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #457 on: June 25, 2017, 03:35:19 PM
yeah they f*cked us up in all our forums, without a previous notice.
 :twak:

they never worked too well and their pages were full of ads, tiresome pop-ups etc.
 and now this.

They can rot in hell go get some fresh air as far as I'm concerned
My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #458 on: June 25, 2017, 04:49:40 PM
And don't get me started on their mobile app.

However what we should start is getting back to that drooly CS goodness

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #459 on: June 25, 2017, 11:00:39 PM
Funny. :think:  I'm still using them and, other than the annoying ads popping up I've not noticed any real change. :shrug:

hr Offline styx

Reply #460 on: June 26, 2017, 08:09:05 AM
Funny. :think:  I'm still using them and, other than the annoying ads popping up I've not noticed any real change. :shrug:

Basically they got a bit finicky with the bandwidth. If you don't post a huge amount of pics it shouldn't be a problem. But for those that like to post quite a few pics and do it often, it is an issue especially on a forum this busy

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #461 on: June 26, 2017, 01:03:58 PM
returning to normality...

My toys:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #462 on: June 26, 2017, 11:49:38 PM

Basically they got a bit finicky with the bandwidth. If you don't post a huge amount of pics it shouldn't be a problem. But for those that like to post quite a few pics and do it often, it is an issue especially on a forum this busy

Ah, I see. :(

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #463 on: June 27, 2017, 03:39:30 PM
Even Cold STeel's cheapest blades (Kudu and Eland) are awesome knives for the price, and deserve much love   :like:

My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #464 on: June 27, 2017, 06:39:56 PM
for some reason I thought the Kudu was discontinued

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #465 on: June 28, 2017, 01:41:10 PM

I think not, but can't confirm that with confidence.
It's a fine slicer, better than the Swift below, at 1/15th of the price    :ahhh

My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #466 on: June 28, 2017, 01:53:55 PM

I think not, but can't confirm that with confidence.
It's a fine slicer, better than the Swift below, at 1/15th of the price    :ahhh

(Image removed from quote.)

It is a great big folder that isn't OHO

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #467 on: June 29, 2017, 10:27:58 PM
In my usual line of film-spotting CS blades I realised that apart from the Safe Maker and Counter Tac with major roles in the movie, there is a scene where other CS blades appear

when John Wick prepares for his mission in Rome, he goes through different weapons and blades, and these can be seen on the inventory, from L to R and Top to Bottom:
- Most likely Emerson CQC-7
- Cold Steel Black Talon II
- Unknown
- Unknown
- DPX Hest
- Balisong
- Cold Steel Safe Maker I
- Cold Steel Bowie Spike
- Microtech 138 1T Trodoon
- Benchmade SOCP Dagger
- Microtech 150-10 Halo V
- Cold Steel Counter Tac II
- Microtech Ultratech something
- Emerson Karambit
- Cold Steel Double Agent
- Cold Steel Tiger Claw

that's a very nice collection IMO
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #468 on: June 30, 2017, 10:40:52 AM
the little discontinued folk today

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #469 on: July 02, 2017, 01:07:00 PM
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #470 on: July 03, 2017, 11:47:48 AM
My toys:

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #471 on: July 04, 2017, 04:37:15 AM

hr Offline styx

Reply #472 on: July 04, 2017, 08:26:35 AM
oh that Espada :drool:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #473 on: July 04, 2017, 12:03:47 PM
hahaha poor watermelon   :like:

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #474 on: July 05, 2017, 12:13:21 PM
2 loved ones for 2 days straight

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #475 on: July 06, 2017, 12:04:01 PM
My toys:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #476 on: July 07, 2017, 03:36:34 AM
My most recent is my first Cold Steel. A Kobun someone tried to bring on an airplane- TSA hostage release program brought it to me so I'm not going to admit how little I spent. The edge was a little ragged, but after a few strokes on the stones and some polishing, it looks pretty much factory new now even it won't quite shave hair yet. I'll probably jimp it lightly, though, and put an IWB loop on the sheath rather than that horrible clip- I prefer to carry fixed blades between me and the belt.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

hr Offline styx

Reply #477 on: July 07, 2017, 08:08:01 AM
Just one thing I don't understand is why would anyone think they can carry a 5 inch (well a bit over) fixed blade on an airplane? I've spent last night cussing over the sheer idiocy of those who justified some bs "review" and this morning I'll apparently be dumbfounded by this  :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

Still great pick up   :tu: :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #478 on: July 07, 2017, 11:49:59 AM
my first CS fixed was a Kobun...so sad I sold it!   :oops:
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #479 on: July 09, 2017, 12:54:12 PM
these 2 pair so nicely

My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%