Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why no love for Cold Steel?

Kampfer · 1137 · 66768

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Why no love for Cold Steel?
Reply #510 on: August 15, 2017, 01:08:35 PM
smallest -and biggest- pocket Chainsaws together  :ahhh

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #511 on: August 19, 2017, 01:54:07 PM
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #512 on: August 21, 2017, 03:17:22 PM
thanks Kampf!     :salute:

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #513 on: August 24, 2017, 02:51:08 PM
the big boy gets big love

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #514 on: August 26, 2017, 07:12:05 PM
My toys:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #515 on: August 26, 2017, 08:17:04 PM
Steak knife?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #516 on: August 26, 2017, 08:31:27 PM
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #517 on: August 28, 2017, 03:09:04 PM
full CS love today

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #518 on: August 28, 2017, 11:22:11 PM
my favorite XLs of the modern era of Cold Steel ,other day I'll show the old classies!!

My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #519 on: August 29, 2017, 09:30:39 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #520 on: August 29, 2017, 12:06:53 PM
my favorite XLs of the modern era of Cold Steel ,other day I'll show the old classies!!

(Image removed from quote.)

Caption: The Opinel felt rather nervous  :rofl:

:drool:

Offline paulie.4x

Reply #521 on: September 02, 2017, 07:42:07 AM
Say Heah Guy's and Gals, My first Cold Steel was the Trail Master. I was going on a Fishing Trip up North for two weeks, So I went l@@king for a large knife. I found a Sporting Goods Store going out of business. I never heard of Cold Steel, I don't think the owner knew much about it also. He wanted $180.00 but I told him if it was only made out of 420 Stainless it was too much. It turned out to be tge San Mai 3. I liked the heft of it and bought it regardless. Then I found out what I bought. I paid, $150.00 for it back in the early 90's.

Then I got interested in Cold Steel. Yup, I bought a CarbonV S. R. K. I really wanted a CarbonV Trail Master but I was a little late since Camillus went belly up. They made tge CarbonV blades for Cold Steel.

But I got lucky and bought a couple of Recon Scout's in CarbonV, one brand new and one slightly used without a Sheath which I got a SecurEx Sheath from Cold Steel, then I bought a O. D. A. in CarbonV and got ripped off on a Recon Tanto 2nds that was slightly off on the lines, but still workable in CarbonV.

Then I got a Recon Tanto in the AUS8a and a San Mai 3 version. I also got a S. R. K. in the San Mai 3.

Then I got a closeout deal on a SISU, a Talwar and a Black Sable in San Mai 3 two Beautiful Folder's. I also got a Black Rhino, a Rajat 1 in AUS8a and a medium Vaquero in VG1 with a Serrated Blade. Boy is that knife ever sharp.

I laid low since they were using steel I wasn't interested in.
Years went by and I bought a Kukuri Plus in O1, I liked tge new Tang Design it was thicker where the old ones were braking. I teamed it with my Master Hunter in San Mai 3. I also bought a Laredo in CarbonV before tgat so when tge Batches cane out I bought one in the San Mai 3. It has a Shock Absorbed Tang. I still don't know if I like that.

But most recently I bought) 2) 3V Nader Hunter's, Tge Company I bought them from by error sent me two so I bought the second one too. They gave me a little better price, but they were high to begin with. But yeah, I really like the 3V Master Hunter. I teamed it with my Fox Jungle Parang because it's all black and not the O. D. Green like my Fox Parang Bushcraft Jungle Knife. which I permanently attached my Mora Kansbol to the Fox Sheath what a lovely piece of kit. Oh  I got a couple of gifts with some purchases from Cold Steel, a VG-1 Paring Knife  a Bushman Folder that Solidifies it almost as strong as a fix blade by a pin at the Pommel. I also got a Kudu Folder. In the 1.4116cKrupp Steel.

Then before tgat I wanted a Baring Machete after watching Wessex on YouTube but they were already discontinued so I ended up buying a Discontinued Double Edge Machete brand new a seller had in stock. I really like that one. Infact I made a Econo Set with it with my S. O. G. Seal Pup Elite TiNi and my Recon Tanto also in the AUS8a. Incase I needed more real-estate to baton. Plus my Estwing Double Bit Hatchet. Suprisingly a great Set.

Yeah, since Cold Steel started using better steel like 3V, O1, Yeah, I like them now. Well that's my $00.02.,,.p

So I got a

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #522 on: September 23, 2017, 08:04:37 PM
love for the oldies

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #523 on: September 24, 2017, 12:21:28 PM
My toys:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #524 on: September 25, 2017, 05:48:50 AM

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #525 on: September 25, 2017, 12:02:52 PM

yesterday I cut a cake with the Rajah III. Gotta love that recurve   :like:
My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #526 on: September 25, 2017, 04:02:20 PM

does :drool: over a Rajah 3 count too?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #527 on: September 27, 2017, 02:48:58 PM

it does count as love, but not to be member of the "Rajah owners club"   
That's got easy fixing though
:pok:

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #528 on: September 28, 2017, 03:42:53 PM
My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #529 on: September 28, 2017, 04:06:52 PM

it does count as love, but not to be member of the "Rajah owners club"   
That's got easy fixing though
:pok:

(Image removed from quote.)

All it requires is a better paid job than the ones I've had so far and the ability to cope with European prices of CS knives

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #530 on: September 29, 2017, 08:26:13 AM
All it requires is a better paid job than the ones I've had so far and the ability to cope with European prices of CS knives

I'll give you a good deal on my one if interested.

hr Offline styx

Reply #531 on: September 29, 2017, 01:54:02 PM

Thanks. Unless you accept kidneys as payment (benefit of having a big extended family) I'll have to wait with that for a while

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #532 on: September 29, 2017, 03:51:47 PM

Zoidberg's got the knife!!  :D

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #533 on: October 01, 2017, 05:28:42 AM
well since I'm not celebrating the Oktoberfest this October I decided to gift myself one of my production grails, that I've been drooling over since March. Two failed grabbing attempts, this third time it won't go away! The Cold Steel Limited Edition Vaquero Voyager,

2000 units worldwide, and hopefully I'll soon be a proud owner of one of them.    :drool:
My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #534 on: October 01, 2017, 10:17:17 AM
beautiful knife

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #535 on: October 01, 2017, 05:56:14 PM
I need a black beauty to give my current Vaquero some company... :whistle:

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #536 on: October 02, 2017, 04:09:44 PM
Buddhist love

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #537 on: October 04, 2017, 01:33:36 PM
carrying the oldies while waiting for the newbies to arrive this next week

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #538 on: October 06, 2017, 12:40:40 PM
same as yesterday, and the day before!

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #539 on: October 07, 2017, 04:23:44 PM

not much activity here folks  :-[
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%