Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why no love for Cold Steel?

Kampfer · 1137 · 67102

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Re: Why no love for Cold Steel?
Reply #570 on: October 23, 2017, 05:45:37 PM
ThePeacent I'd like to see your entire knife/MT collection in 1 picture. Well, that would be a sight! :tu:

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #571 on: October 23, 2017, 06:24:11 PM
Here is my baby
IMG_20171023_182342.jpg
* IMG_20171023_182342.jpg (Filesize: 18.87 KB)

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #572 on: October 23, 2017, 08:15:05 PM
Here is my baby

Is that the full size Recon 1? Or the Recon 1 Mini? I can never tell from pictures.

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #573 on: October 23, 2017, 08:16:28 PM
Full size

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #574 on: October 24, 2017, 01:32:25 AM
ThePeacent I'd like to see your entire knife/MT collection in 1 picture. Well, that would be a sight! :tu:

well I guess that'd be too hard for me to accomplish since...

a. My tools and knives are always disperse and scattered all around, in the car, toolbox, bedroom, work room, kitchen, emergency bag, etc. I've got them everywhere and even I forget about where some of them are on occasion    :facepalm:
b. There's just too many. I guess I'd have to get on my stairs and take a panoramic pic, but then you'd hardly ee any details of the knives themselves.
Some of my biggest "get-together" pics are these, i'm afraid it's all I can offer you now    :D

Spydercos

Budget folders

Fixed blades

some I've lost, some I've gifted, traded, sold and given away and some are broken but these are most of them since 2014.
And, of course, my modest SAK collection as of 2017, not including 1, 2 layer SAKs or 58mm, 74mm ones

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #575 on: October 24, 2017, 01:49:12 AM

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #576 on: October 24, 2017, 08:33:55 AM
another problem with taking a pic of the entire collection would be to find a large enough space to hold all of those knives and getting them in the frame somehow
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #577 on: October 24, 2017, 11:15:27 AM

well I guess that'd be too hard for me to accomplish since...

a. My tools and knives are always disperse and scattered all around, in the car, toolbox, bedroom, work room, kitchen, emergency bag, etc. I've got them everywhere and even I forget about where some of them are on occasion    :facepalm:
b. There's just too many. I guess I'd have to get on my stairs and take a panoramic pic, but then you'd hardly ee any details of the knives themselves.
Some of my biggest "get-together" pics are these, i'm afraid it's all I can offer you now    :D

Spydercos

Budget folders

Fixed blades

some I've lost, some I've gifted, traded, sold and given away and some are broken but these are most of them since 2014.
And, of course, my modest SAK collection as of 2017, not including 1, 2 layer SAKs or 58mm, 74mm ones

N I C E ! ! !
Love your Cold Steel collection  :drool: :drool: :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #578 on: October 24, 2017, 11:17:30 AM
another problem with taking a pic of the entire collection would be to find a large enough space to hold all of those knives and getting them in the frame somehow

Hmmm ...  :think: :think: :think:

One house for you to live in and one house for knifes/MT's to live in?  :rofl: :rofl:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #579 on: October 24, 2017, 11:35:53 AM
 :facepalm:

These threads kill me.......is there something wrong with me or are knives partially made of cocaine?  :think:

:tu:

hr Offline styx

Reply #580 on: October 24, 2017, 12:54:23 PM

Hmmm ...  :think: :think: :think:

One house for you to live in and one house for knifes/MT's to live in?  :rofl: :rofl:

Pretty much

These threads kill me.......is there something wrong with me or are knives partially made of cocaine?  :think:

To quote Bon Jovi

I ain't got a fever got a permanent disease
It'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy
I got lots of money but it isn't what I need
Gonna take more than a shot to get this poison out of me
And I got all the symptoms count 'em 1, 2, 3

I don't need no needle to be giving me a thrill
And I don't need no anesthesia or a nurse to bring a pill
I got a dirty down addiction that doesn't leave a track
I got a jones for your affection like a monkey on my back
There ain't no paramedic gonna save this heart attack

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #581 on: October 24, 2017, 03:39:50 PM
Bon Jovi could easily do the soundtrack to my life, just a pity nobody would go see the movie.

Last time I had my whole collection out if mostly fit onto my kitchen counter...........there should be photographic evidence around here somewhere.......now I would need the whole kitchen floor  :facepalm:

I have serious buyers remorse about all my unused knives over a certain price, all the while gagging for more  :facepalm:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #582 on: October 24, 2017, 05:05:28 PM

He'd have to take it outside and request a satellite flyover  :rofl:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #583 on: October 24, 2017, 05:55:22 PM
downsizing today...with my biggest folder   :D

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

hr Offline styx

Reply #584 on: October 24, 2017, 06:43:54 PM
Bon Jovi could easily do the soundtrack to my life, just a pity nobody would go see the movie.

Last time I had my whole collection out if mostly fit onto my kitchen counter...........there should be photographic evidence around here somewhere.......now I would need the whole kitchen floor  :facepalm:

I have serious buyers remorse about all my unused knives over a certain price, all the while gagging for more  :facepalm:

you want to compete? I started with a Farmer. now my collection is by no means impressive or big but I actually have to apologize to some SAKs for not carrying them often enough

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #585 on: October 26, 2017, 10:04:01 PM
More love pics for today

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #586 on: October 28, 2017, 02:56:52 PM
SE + PE biggies from Cold Steel, to cut what my slipjoint (RIP) failed to cut... :facepalm:

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #587 on: October 29, 2017, 06:38:17 PM
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #588 on: October 31, 2017, 11:27:49 AM
THIS is finally here. My most desired 2017 Cold Steel (even above the Frenzy, Immortal, and other 2017 models)

it's much sexier and nicer that my limited photography skills make it look like. Glossy DLC coating, irresponsibly sharp teeth, textured OD Green handles with various grips, recurved Halloween worthy blade ...awesome!
Now that doesn't take out of my list my next purchases (Black Talon 2 [thanks, Kampf   :pok:] and Tiger Claw) but they can absolutely wait for 2018 and even then I'll only get them if I spot a freaking, smokin deal on any of them.

As for the new one, I'm sure it's gonna become one of my all time favorite Cold Steels, it ticks all the boxes!! 
My toys:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #589 on: October 31, 2017, 07:48:51 PM
What a beast of a blade!   :D

• No Life Club
Reply #590 on: November 01, 2017, 06:44:36 AM

it's much sexier and nicer that my limited photography skills make it look like. Glossy DLC coating, irresponsibly sharp teeth, textured OD Green handles with various grips, recurved Halloween worthy blade ...awesome!

That's next level  :drool: .......like dehydrating and ending up in hospital  :drool:!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #591 on: November 01, 2017, 01:49:32 PM

That's next level  :drool: .......like dehydrating and ending up in hospital  :drool:!

ok the blade engraving is a bit excessive, but I can forgive that given the beautiful shine of the DLC. Hard to capture on pics

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #592 on: November 04, 2017, 06:31:13 PM
the latest, the greatest?

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #593 on: November 05, 2017, 07:36:05 PM
foldable kitchen knife on duty today!

My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #594 on: November 05, 2017, 09:08:23 PM
that Talwar is sweet

• No Life Club
Reply #595 on: November 06, 2017, 11:30:52 AM

Been a bit under the weather.....watching way too many knife review videos  :facepalm:

I'm very happy with my new Spyderco Salt 1, so happy that I convinced myself I have to get a FFG Endura, just fighting with myself over which colour and when I can afford it...... :facepalm:

So a Cold Steel Broken Skull review rolls around, and the penny drops: same size, lighter weight, better steel.........gots to have the Broken Skull!

Then the reviewer goes on to mention the negatives.  :facepalm:

I was planning on stripping the blade anyway, not exactly a wrestling fan and the branding is obnoxious....
Then the reviewer mentions CS's newest legal tricks, and it's just sickening.........to the point where I would feel wrong for giving them my money  >:(

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #596 on: November 07, 2017, 12:00:52 PM
the beauty and the...well, no, both are beasts  :D

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #597 on: November 09, 2017, 12:31:57 PM
My toys:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #598 on: November 10, 2017, 03:53:11 AM
Some Cold Steel love, fresh out of the package from the mail. Recon 1 Clip Point S35VN edition.
cold-steel-recon-1-S35VN-1.jpg
* cold-steel-recon-1-S35VN-1.jpg (Filesize: 328.09 KB)
cold-steel-recon-1-S35VN-2.jpg
* cold-steel-recon-1-S35VN-2.jpg (Filesize: 262.59 KB)

hr Offline styx

Reply #599 on: November 10, 2017, 10:00:49 AM
oh nice one

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%