Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why no love for Cold Steel?

Kampfer · 1137 · 66116

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Re: Why no love for Cold Steel?
Reply #750 on: May 14, 2018, 07:35:50 PM
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #751 on: May 17, 2018, 01:14:30 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

- making training versions
- getting bitten by them

two signs of love towards a brand  :D

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #752 on: May 17, 2018, 09:41:20 PM
I do love Cold steel knives very much, not every one of them but most.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #753 on: May 18, 2018, 02:27:06 PM
I do love Cold steel knives very much, not every one of them but most.

old models and new ones, both categories have their gems and their ugly ducks  :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #754 on: May 19, 2018, 11:10:09 PM
I don't own a single Cold Steel sharp or shiny.

What I can say is, that some weeks ago,I had some questions about the Finn Hawk. I emailed them using an email address from their own website and have yet to receive an answer beyond the automated "thanks for emailing us."

Not a big fan of that lack of response. I gotta believe that if I did own something of thiers, this would be the same lack of attention I'd get if I had a problem with it.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #755 on: May 20, 2018, 03:31:15 PM

What I can say is, that some weeks ago,I had some questions about the Finn Hawk. I emailed them using an email address from their own website and have yet to receive an answer beyond the automated "thanks for emailing us."

Not a big fan of that lack of response. I gotta believe that if I did own something of thiers, this would be the same lack of attention I'd get if I had a problem with it.

I've heard that you should always call to their toll-free number to get an answer, their email is known for being useless and a waste of time,  :P

calling them on the other hand tends to get you what you want rather quickly from what I've read  :salute:
My toys:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #756 on: May 21, 2018, 01:01:01 AM

I've heard that you should always call to their toll-free number to get an answer, their email is known for being useless and a waste of time,  :P

calling them on the other hand tends to get you what you want rather quickly from what I've read  :salute:

Thank you Peacent. I may give them a call, and I may not. I'm in the computer networking biz,  and in this day and age, if you advertise an email address, you blast-well better staff it and answer it.

Thier website tells you how to reach them, and you shouldn't need back channel gossip telling customers what the best way to reach you REALLY is.

Found their Finn Hawk at a local Army Navy store for $30. Not quite as rugged as the Jaakari Puuko, but still pretty good. I'll think about it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:02:35 AM by ThundahBeagle »

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #757 on: May 21, 2018, 02:00:52 AM
Cold steels customer service is not as awesome as their products, from my experenice.
While their Facebook reps always answer my questions with few hours, their part request serevice never sent me anything I requested. (Thumb stud, clip screws)
I have an Eland ($7 knife) with lock problem, spoke to their rep over the phone and lead to no where. Basicly since they don’t have another one to send me for replacement and not wroth shipping of sending back for repair, I should just go buy another one eBay.... while I understand their point but still, not awesome.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #758 on: May 21, 2018, 03:18:35 PM
Oh, no, don't get me wrong,

I do not defend their lack of Customer Service, their ignoring overseas customers, their dubious marketing practices, advertisement and the lame lawsuits against CRKT or the "San Mai Debacle" from a few years back,  :ahhh
they do need to improve in those aspects, and a lot.  :P

But, like with Strider, Bark River, Dark Ops, Mantis, Schrade, Mirotech and many other brands that cause controversy and discussion,  in the end I judge the product and approve he brand accordingly, because I can't know all the stories behind their CEOs, employees, practices and doings  :salute:
My toys:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #759 on: May 21, 2018, 07:51:21 PM
I guess I will be looking up that San Mai Debacle. Sounds like a real caper...

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #760 on: May 22, 2018, 06:28:24 PM
another reason to buy Cold Steel: nobody makes so many and varied large and Xl folding knives!
 :whistle:

My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #761 on: May 22, 2018, 06:41:59 PM
nice slicey
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #762 on: June 02, 2018, 09:25:20 PM
shopping chopping evening! :D

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #763 on: June 14, 2018, 12:05:17 PM
hey Kampf today I'm toting the Hold Out,  ::)
any chance of a comparison pic with your Luzon?  :pok:

Thanks   ;)
My toys:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #764 on: June 14, 2018, 06:23:33 PM
IMG_20180613_172838.jpg
* IMG_20180613_172838.jpg (Filesize: 104.84 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #765 on: June 15, 2018, 03:10:00 PM
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #766 on: June 21, 2018, 01:59:13 PM
with some friends you just love to Hold Out  on occasion  :D

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #767 on: June 22, 2018, 02:29:04 PM
old school Tantos, what made CS famous  ;)

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #768 on: June 24, 2018, 12:24:09 PM
sleek, pointy, long, sharp

My toys:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #769 on: June 24, 2018, 12:58:28 PM
.. dangerous... 😁
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #770 on: July 05, 2018, 02:02:04 PM
can't beat Cold Steel for large folding Clip Points  :salute:

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #771 on: July 06, 2018, 03:12:21 PM
hey Kampfer you gonna show your cool TiLite mode already?!!!  :pok: :D

My toys:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #772 on: July 07, 2018, 07:12:38 AM
I don't doubt these are good knives.

Still I'd like a Finn Hawk.

I emailed the folks at Anchor Hocking the other day about a faulty lid to some of their microwavable glass containers. Got an email reply the very next day offering me free replacements.

Why no love for Cold Steel? Because I've YET to hear a thing from my email to Cold Steel. Anchor was founded in 1905. Old school. Meanwhile, Cold Steel was born more or less in the technology age. Why put an email on your site if you don't plan to staff and answer it.

I gotta figure that's how theyd treat me if a knife handle fell off or something.

And I guess they don't follow MTO, or they might have seen my rants by now.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #773 on: July 07, 2018, 09:50:27 AM

hr Offline styx

Reply #774 on: July 07, 2018, 11:45:13 AM

that's wonderful and torture at the same time :tu:
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #775 on: July 07, 2018, 12:12:30 PM

that's wonderful and torture at the same time :tu:

My blades are your blades mate, just say the word and I'll send em over.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #776 on: July 07, 2018, 01:29:36 PM

I emailed the folks at Anchor Hocking the other day about a faulty lid to some of their microwavable glass containers. Got an email reply the very next day offering me free replacements.

Why no love for Cold Steel? Because I've YET to hear a thing from my email to Cold Steel. Anchor was founded in 1905. Old school. Meanwhile, Cold Steel was born more or less in the technology age. Why put an email on your site if you don't plan to staff and answer it.

I gotta figure that's how theyd treat me if a knife handle fell off or something.

I thought everybody knew you can't email Cold Steel if you expect an answer.  :ahhh
It's been said dozens if not hundreds of times (on Bladeforums, ColdSteelforums, USNForums, Knifeforums, EDCForums, Edgematters forums, British Blades forums, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit and other places), ::)
but it is worth repeating

DO NOT
email Cold Steel for anything (Warranty, customer service, repairs, sending parts, inquiries), CALL THEM at their toll-free number instead  :tu:

Not that I'm angry but I'd consider that a known thing by anybody in the knife community with online presence  :salute:

I hope you get it sorted out
My toys:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #777 on: July 09, 2018, 09:14:46 AM

Seriously? for the price of a Finn Hawk I wouldn't answer (or write) an email......  :think:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #778 on: July 09, 2018, 03:00:45 PM
BTW, it seems the 4116 stainless is not as crappy as I somehow assumed it was  :facepalm:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #779 on: July 09, 2018, 03:52:21 PM
BTW, it seems the 4116 stainless is not as crappy as I somehow assumed it was  :facepalm:

I have it on two knives and have been happy with it so far, why would it be crappy? What do you base your opinion on?  :think:
These two are 4116 and I love it especially at its price point  ;)

in my Spike

and my Roach Belly  :salute:

My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%