Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why no love for Cold Steel?

Kampfer · 1137 · 63895

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Why no love for Cold Steel?
Reply #90 on: July 02, 2016, 10:18:06 PM

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #91 on: July 03, 2016, 04:31:28 AM
I love the Desperado.  I had one but someone borro9 it and I never saw it again.

Great knife.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #92 on: July 03, 2016, 07:17:39 PM
I love the Desperado.  I had one but someone borro9 it and I never saw it again.

Great knife.

Def

One of my favorites, of all the collection. Sorry about yours  :-\

Gotta love those wicked recurved blades from CS!

Fixed and folding alike

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #93 on: July 18, 2016, 02:20:59 PM
Summer toys...

Can't wait to stick some watermelons!

My toys:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #94 on: July 18, 2016, 03:03:28 PM
Cool!!!! :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #95 on: July 19, 2016, 04:28:21 PM
My toys:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #96 on: July 20, 2016, 06:55:20 PM
More great CS gear Peacent! :cheers:

Here's the rest of my CS stuff....

SRKs, SA folders and their Canadian knife.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #97 on: July 20, 2016, 11:19:09 PM
More great CS gear Peacent! :cheers:

Here's the rest of my CS stuff....

SRKs, SA folders and their Canadian knife.

Those SRKs sure seem to have seen quite a few battles and situations, mate!  :tu:

They are pretty pieces, but working tools nonetheless. Some of them, the discontinued ones especially, I like them to look and be pristine, sharp and ready:

This is a truely pretty lady

My toys:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #98 on: July 21, 2016, 02:17:34 AM
I love that Vaquero Grande!!!

I was lucky on the SRKs, they are both Carbon V and were less than 40.00 each. They are perfect functionally, just cosmetic stuff that doesn't matter. They were bought to run in the worst conditions imaginable....they were for my trouble/weather/wildfire bags! Both SpecOps sheaths have firesteels in the pouches.

Oh, crap, I forgot to add shots of the Trail Master!   :facepalm:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline rivercity

Reply #99 on: July 21, 2016, 03:38:38 AM
I got a little love for them......  :cheers:

photo(37).JPG
* photo(37).JPG (Filesize: 212.34 KB)
Chuck

"Well, when it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win." ~ MacGyver

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #100 on: July 21, 2016, 04:13:46 AM
Oh boy, you sure do!!!  :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

00 Offline Spey

Reply #101 on: July 21, 2016, 06:21:25 AM
Lynn Thompson is kind of a blowhard

Yeah - in my view a lovable blowhard.  You just gotta enjoy videos of a chubster hacking at a bag of swinging meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LieUYkBOi9g

Decades ago Lynn was shunned from the mainstream knife community. Look through old knife publications and try to find Cold Steel products ... Documents on the web illustrate Lynn's efforts to change this, and then to publicise it (downhill was the journey).

Lynn kept on, and I truly appreciate him for sticking to his own morals. His promotion of knives was more along the lines of edged weapons in a time when the general public did not agree.

I really do like a number of my Cold Steel blades, with special fondness for my Titanium handles Ti-Lite. I carried one (or more) Ti-Lites for a number of years because of the truly exceptional variety of deployment methods of the design and use as a "non-lethal" in self-defensive rolls.

Their American Tomahawk line is also quite exceptional !!!

There is a lot of depth to this company, for anyone that can see past "tactical" black Zytel and willing to truly look for value/performance. Also, have been a number of upper-end products from this company that many may not even remember/know about.

A few of my personal CS:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 06:58:18 AM by Spey »
No Honey, that's always been in the safe ...

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #102 on: July 21, 2016, 10:52:14 AM

Yeah - in my view a lovable blowhard.  You just gotta enjoy videos of a chubster hacking at a bag of swinging meat.

Decades ago Lynn was shunned from the mainstream knife community. Look through old knife publications and try to find Cold Steel products ... Documents on the web illustrate Lynn's efforts to change this, and then to publicise it (downhill was the journey).

Lynn kept on, and I truly appreciate him for sticking to his own morals. His promotion of knives was more along the lines of edged weapons in a time when the general public did not agree.

I really do like a number of my Cold Steel blades, with special fondness for my Titanium handles Ti-Lite. I carried one (or more) Ti-Lites for a number of years because of the truly exceptional variety of deployment methods of the design and use as a "non-lethal" in self-defensive rolls.

There is a lot of depth to this company, for anyone that can see past "tactical" black Zytel and willing to truly look for value/performance. Also, have been a number of upper-end products from this company that many may not even remember/know about.

A few of my personal CS:

(Image removed from quote.)

I share your vision of Cold Steel and agree with your view on it, what I unfortunately lack is the view of your pics!

they don't show, and you left me with a watering mouth, mate  :drool:

While I wait for them, I share today's Cold Steel pic for you all

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #103 on: July 25, 2016, 08:55:39 PM
An old classic, one of those masterpieces from the good ol' times, came today:

Gosh, so sexy!

My toys:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #104 on: July 25, 2016, 11:16:31 PM
Good stuff!!!!!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #105 on: July 26, 2016, 12:58:32 PM

My toys:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #106 on: July 26, 2016, 05:29:01 PM
:cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #107 on: July 26, 2016, 09:02:33 PM
I think they make great weapons, but for outdoor blades, I'd rather trust a Becker, or an ESSE, or an Ontario, or a Ka-Bar, or many others. Thats just my opinion though. Also could list of brands that i would rather have for utility blades, but Cold Steel does make good weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #108 on: July 26, 2016, 09:04:16 PM
I think they make great weapons, but for outdoor blades, I'd rather trust a Becker, or an ESSE, or an Ontario, or a Ka-Bar, or many others. Thats just my opinion though. Also could list of brands that i would rather have for utility blades, but Cold Steel does make good weapons.

I heven have 3 with me right now. One in the truck, one in the pocket, and one iwb

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #109 on: July 26, 2016, 10:27:33 PM
I've got 3 of their walking sticks, they are damn good. Longer than standard so ideal for me seeing as I need a 29" wazzy leg helper.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #110 on: July 26, 2016, 10:53:03 PM

I heven have 3 with me right now. One in the truck, one in the pocket, and one iwb

I guess the pocket one is that little bowie on the left, right?  :D

I agree, they're the best weapon and martial oriented blades out there,period. That being said, their SRK, Kukri and Trailmaster might be excelllent camp blades, but I also use others (mainly KaBar, Ontario and handmande blades) when in the outdoors and nature!

They are what they are, I do not have them with other purposes than those they do best!  :tu:

The right tool for the right job, indeed.
My toys:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #111 on: July 27, 2016, 12:42:08 AM
These are pretty good field knives.....  :whistle:

The SRK's (mine are in Carbon V)

There are prettier and maybe cooler but none tougher (IMO).  :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #112 on: July 27, 2016, 12:59:31 AM

A few of my personal CS:

Lynn made a lot of enemies when he outed a certain knife maker that claimed to have extensive black ops experience.  Everyone on a certain forum went bat smurf crazy and threatened to boycot anyone and anything that had anything to do with Cold Steel in retaliation.  Some writers still submitted articles about CS products, but the magazines weren't buying them. 

Lynn has also gone over the top on a lot of things- when SHOT moved to The Sands a few years ago most of the knife companies were moved to the lower floors and as a result were not allowed to have two story booths.  Since then CS has not had a booth as they are boycotting SHOT, which is the industry's largest show, and that might also account for the lack of media coverage. 

There's another big name knife company who's name most of you (if not all) would recognize that also doesn't get much coverage because the owner owes money all over town to steel suppliers and many others that no one will deal with them.  That company has taken to sponsoring forums and has bought their fame that way, although you will still rarely, if ever see their products in print.

The knife industry is a sordid place....   >:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline Spey

Reply #113 on: July 27, 2016, 05:19:21 AM

I share your vision of Cold Steel and agree with your view on it, what I unfortunately lack is the view of your pics!

they don't show, and you left me with a watering mouth, mate  :drool:

Have had prob's in this site with photos loading, sorry ...

Test option:
deleted
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:11:04 AM by Spey »
No Honey, that's always been in the safe ...

it Offline SolomonKane79

• Don't send flowers, but marlin spikes!
Reply #114 on: July 27, 2016, 01:35:25 PM
I really like the now discontinued rescue folder CS Land&Sea Rescue!
Antonio

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #115 on: July 29, 2016, 01:27:33 PM
My toys:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #116 on: July 29, 2016, 02:30:18 PM
Very nice P!!!  :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #117 on: August 04, 2016, 10:40:32 PM
Just ordered another cold steel

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #118 on: August 05, 2016, 02:14:58 AM
Peacent doesn't own an Espada.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 02:16:00 AM by Kampfer »
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #119 on: August 06, 2016, 01:00:50 AM
Peacent doesn't own an Espada.

...yet
I have my eyes on a G10 Large espada on the great auction site
But I have no funds, so I am trying to get rid of my 6 in. Special Edition TiLite, in case I win
  :(
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%