Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Universal Tool Adapter: please help with dimensions

Offline vindi4i

• New User
Hi,

I bought Leatherman Tool Adapter v1 and it does not fit to my ST300.
Off-course I can cut parts which do not fit, but I prefer just to change part which is inserted into tool. For this I need to know dimensions of this part from Tool Adapter v2 (like this http://www.multitool.org/cache/klixok2watermark/3b18de11c9f249c0e0b7c0d3755a1deb.jpg).

If someone has it please share screenshot with dimensions.

Thank you.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Universal Tool Adapter: please help with dimensions
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 03:45:11 PM
Just buy the Gerber Tool Kit adapter--it fits on my ST300, as I had an MP450 (apparently Walmart exclusive version of the MP400, which has a file in place of scissors).  The original Tool Adapters, which were made to fit into the pliers, instead of over the Phillips aren't designed for modern Leathermans such as the ST300.  The newest it fits, apparently are the Zytel models introduced in '04, such as the Kick.

I personally just carry a small Chapman offset screwdriver kit to cover jobs in which my multitool doesn't have the right bit, or it requires too much torque (busting an $2 bit is far better than a pricey $25 or more multitool).

Offline vindi4i

• New User
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 03:50:34 PM
Thank you, but it is too late  :).  I have already bought Leatherman Tool Adapter and honestly speaking I like it.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 05:17:18 PM
Like this? The standard and universal are the same, except for the slot features and bumps.You already have a standard one, so I give you dimensions of the slot only. Dimensions obtained with my cheapo .01" calipers. Change to mm as needed. Happy fabricating.
p1.jpg
* p1.jpg (Filesize: 354.08 KB)

Offline vindi4i

• New User
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 05:36:20 PM
Like this? The standard and universal are the same, except for the slot features and bumps.You already have a standard one, so I give you dimensions of the slot only. Dimensions obtained with my cheapo .01" calipers. Change to mm as needed. Happy fabricating.

Appreciate your help! :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $91.95
PayPal Fees: $4.93
Net Balance: $87.02
Below Goal: $212.98
Site Currency: USD