Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

This place is going to make me go broke!!!

zrxoa1 · 105 · 6576

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Re: This place is going to make me go broke!!!
Reply #90 on: September 03, 2016, 06:28:34 PM
Nice collection  :tu:

Indeed, every multitool has its own story... and this forum makes you just drool over the various MTs.

I propose this as an official logo:

(Image removed from quote.)

And for the slogans:

"Multitool.org - making you go bankrupt with an audible click since 2006."

"You better put a locking mechanism on your wallet."

"Two is one,
one is none,
you bought 171 (MTs),
you are now bankrupt, son."

:like:

that one got me cackling :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:30:21 PM by Aleph78 »
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

au Offline Gohard

• Leatherman fanatic!!
Reply #91 on: September 05, 2016, 02:40:18 AM
Looks like the collection is still growing. Added a Wingman, Sidekick and a Kick...

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Nice

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #92 on: September 05, 2016, 06:18:30 AM
Nice collection zrxoa1 :dd: :like:

us Offline David

Reply #93 on: September 05, 2016, 08:24:30 AM
Growing is good!    :D
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #94 on: September 06, 2016, 04:15:56 PM
Growing is good!    :D

+1 means we are doing our job :whistle: :like:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #95 on: September 18, 2016, 10:54:20 PM
It's a sickness, I tell ya!  I need to stay away from eBay!!!

For $18, I just picked up my 3rd PST, this one a Marlboro edition...

Offline asb

Reply #96 on: September 20, 2016, 09:02:46 AM
Hehe i feel with everyone of you. I will come to a point where i have to choose between new shoes for my daughters or the latest MT, /jk ;)

But i am really impressed with Leatherman. Ive had gerber and bacho MT's before. I managed to get a Gerber bear grylls mini MT for free, went a few days then i gave it back to him since it was utter smurf. Now i got myself a squirt ps4 insteed and damn what a difference. I am so glad i got hold of the Juice which is fast starting to become my favorite, i just wish i could come up with a good idea on how to give it a pocket clip.

Anyway, my youngest daughter (4 years old) thought i should take a picture with the 3 Leathermans ive got, (the 4th i gave to my father, a wingmang. The perfect gift) And i also had to take the picture on her bed. So here we go.

The Wave in the middle is just showing the Home Key modification i made to it.

Have a great day.

-asb

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #97 on: September 21, 2016, 05:45:27 PM
Yeah..  This is a dangerous forum indeed.  >:D
I came here for only like two or three weeks and then I bought a bit kit and a Rebar. I have been keeping the Wingman and Surge for a few years and have never though of adding anything until I come.  I am still think whether I should get the ST300 though it is not really comfortable in my hand... But you know,  it's big and cool.  And,  thinking about adding a Micra for my wife too.  I think I have to hold back a little and do it slowly.  Leatherman here is quite expensive...  :facepalm:
You know what,  I came here becoz I needed to get a flash light and I searched for EDC things and brought me here somehow... And... I haven't even bought the light yet....  :rofl:

us Offline Aberdrew13

Reply #98 on: September 21, 2016, 05:48:51 PM
Yeah..  This is a dangerous forum indeed.  >:D
I came here for only like two or three weeks and then I bought a bit kit and a Rebar. I have been keeping the Wingman and Surge for a few years and have never though of adding anything until I come.  I am still think whether I should get the ST300 though it is not really comfortable in my hand... But you know,  it's big and cool.  And,  thinking about adding a Micra for my wife too.  I think I have to hold back a little and do it slowly.  Leatherman here is quite expensive...  :facepalm:
You know what,  I came here becoz I needed to get a flash light and I searched for EDC things and brought me here somehow... And... I haven't even bought the light yet....  :rofl:

I like the Streamlight Microstream for an EDC light.  It's not super bright, but it's enough to get the job done for me, it's small, and it's pretty cheap for a quality light.  Only runs off one AAA battery, and I love the clip it comes with that can clip to your pocket or hat bill.
If my text is in blue, read it with sarcasm.  That is how it's meant!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #99 on: December 04, 2016, 10:50:08 PM
Well, after years of carrying a Leatherman of some sort, mostly in my pocket, I have decided to change things up...

Back when I got my original PST, and later upgraded to the Gen 1 Wave, I worked as a Tig welder or set up on an automated Tig welder.  I needed the tools daily.

Since leaving that job, I have found that the thing I need most on my tool is the knife blade. This is why my Wave was my favorite EDC, the outside, one handed opening blade.

I have, after handling several friends knives, decided to buy a new knife. The knife I have chosen is the Kershaw Clash, PE blade, BO.

I really like that knife, and it will allow me to carry various LM tools on my belt.  So, I will start rotating many of my tools and see what I like and what I don't, and possibly whittle down my collection. Terrible thing for a tool to just set in a drawer, never to be used. Better to find it a good home!!!

By the way, I just bought a Rebar....so the sickness continues!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:06:22 PM by zrxoa1 »

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: December 05, 2016, 01:53:33 AM
I had a similar experience with the Wave.  I wanted an all in one tool with everything I needed.  Now, I still love the Wave and carry my modded version often, but realizing that I could carry more than one tool opened the doors to a lot of previously-ignored options.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #101 on: December 05, 2016, 02:03:25 AM
Well, after years of carrying a Leatherman of some sort, mostly in my pocket, I have decided to change things up...

Back when I got my original PST, and later upgraded to the Gen 1 Wave, I worked as a Tig welder or set up on an automated Tig welder.  I needed the tools daily.

Since leaving that job, I have found that the thing I need most on my tool is the knife blade. This is why my Wave was my favorite EDC, the outside, one handed opening blade.

I have, after handling several friends knives, decided to buy a new knife. The knife I have chosen is the Kershaw Clash, PE blade, BO.

I really like that knife, and it will allow me to carry various LM tools on my belt.  So, I will start rotating many of my tools and see what I like and what I don't, and possibly whittle down my collection. Terrible thing for a tool to just set in a drawer, never to be used. Better to find it a good home!!!

Can't wait to see what all you carry now :like:

:popcorn:

us Offline David

Reply #102 on: December 05, 2016, 02:14:11 AM
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: December 06, 2016, 04:01:05 AM

Can't wait to see what all you carry now :like:

First day with new knife...

Carrying the PST in a sheath...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #104 on: December 06, 2016, 04:08:16 AM
Excellent looking carry :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44