Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Carry Solutions

Offline jday2727

Carry Solutions
on: June 13, 2016, 04:42:43 AM
Hello everyone, so I have a problem. I really want to try carrying one of my Gerbers, but I'm a shorts and t shirt kind of guy. I normally carry my Wave with pocket clip iwb, but I use pliers and wire cutters enough that I want to try the Gerber. Is there any way I can carry this not flopping around in pocket or with a belt sheath? It's a BN model so it's not pointy either. Thanks

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Carry Solutions
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:25:19 PM
A kydex sheath would work. It would hold up great also. Maybe even a pocket clip attached to the multi too.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 05:50:53 PM
Pocket clip
Belt sheath
Attaching a hanging clip
Carabiner + cord or attachment to the multitool
Lanyard attached to the multitool and hanging from pocket/belt
If small and not to heavy, from the neck (necklace/chain/etc.)
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 12:17:17 PM
Have a look at the Niteize HipClip.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 04:59:42 AM
I used to think loose pocket carry (especially with the large tools) was horrible. Just the worst. Then, after some prodding from the guys in the EDC subforum, I tried loose pocket carrying with my MP600. What I discovered was that position and orientation made all the difference. Here's what works for me:

The tools has to enter the pocket (left front pocket for me) pliers side up. Then, you place the tool  so that it stands in the "corner" of the pocket nearest the crotch of your pants. Car keys can slide in on the outside side of the pocket.

Ideally, your tool will be mistaken for a roll of quarters :D
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Offline jday2727

Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 05:05:21 AM
I used to think loose pocket carry (especially with the large tools) was horrible. Just the worst. Then, after some prodding from the guys in the EDC subforum, I tried loose pocket carrying with my MP600. What I discovered was that position and orientation made all the difference. Here's what works for me:

The tools has to enter the pocket (left front pocket for me) pliers side up. Then, you place the tool  so that it stands in the "corner" of the pocket nearest the crotch of your pants. Car keys can slide in on the outside side of the pocket.

What if there is all ready a roll of quarters there? (Asking for a friend)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 04:37:44 PM

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 05:27:46 PM

Put the MP600 in your other pocket... and then go buy another  with that roll of quarters :D
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 07:14:29 PM

Put the MP600 in your other pocket... and then go buy another  with that roll of quarters :D

:rofl:    :rofl:    :rofl:    :rofl:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%