Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger MiniGrip HEEEEELP!!!

es Offline mrHat

Wenger MiniGrip HEEEEELP!!!
on: June 20, 2016, 12:37:27 PM
Ok, so I was happy to find this wenger minigrip days ago on a local classifieds ad and I paid 100 euros for it. I was so excited to get it that I didn't asked too much to the seller.. he assured me it's like new condition and complete with all the bits. I received it today and found myself that it's missing the bit extender :( it has all the bits in the bits holder and the tool is brand new but missing that part. I tried contacting the seller but no response... I am soo disapointed... I know this question is somehow stupid... but where can I get that part ???? Maybe some can make one that has the original and the skills ?? What if I want to sell it like this ?? would i get atlist my money back ??

here are some pics:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Wenger MiniGrip HEEEEELP!!!
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:59:18 PM
Try Victorinox - I was given a minigrip a few years back that arrived without the bit case. After a polite email to Wenger (now Victorinox) they sent me a replacement for free.

Good luck - the Minigrip is great fun!
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

es Offline mrHat

Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 03:52:15 PM
Yeah, I did that allready and got this as a response:

"Dear 01010101,

Thank you for your complements. Unfortantly Wenger is closed, and we would have any of the pocket tool components. You would need to look into our line for a similar replacement.

Sincerely,
Colonel
Customer Support
Victorinox Swiss Army"

They probably helped you years ago because they where still stocking parts.. you where lucky...

Such a nice tool and sooo disapointed it's incomplete. I wanted this in my collection but now it's just worthless :(

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 03:58:23 PM
Ok, next step is to see if anyone here has a spare - put a wanted ad in the 'Tools Needed' thread - http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,9.0.html

Someone may be able to help you out.

es Offline mrHat

Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 04:08:04 PM
I doubt anyone will have that as a spare .. i mean.. what are the ods heh... I will try to sell it to get my money back... Thanks for the messages man..

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 04:15:09 PM
How did you pay for the item? If paypal, put in a request to get your money back as you clearly haven't gotten what you paid for

es Offline mrHat

Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 04:21:06 PM
No man, it was a bank transfer :( I know I can go to the police, file a complaint and stuff like that but all I will do is loose time and even if I get my money back i'm more disapointed because I thought i finally got my hands on one of these hehe...

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 04:29:59 PM
I doubt anyone will have that as a spare .. i mean.. what are the ods heh... I will try to sell it to get my money back... Thanks for the messages man..
It's up to you of course, but I wouldn't presume someone doesn't have a spare one lying around. You have nothing to lose and a sweet and complete Minigrip to gain.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 02:20:40 AM
It's a shame that seller was dishonest, claiming it's complete, but missing a part. Wonder if it was sold "as-is".   

You might want to check the size of the bits. They may be a standard size, and that extender could be found at a local hardware store in your area, and modified to fit in the knife.  Most screwdriver bits here in the USA at least come in 1/4 or 1/8 size, and many multis have bit driver that fit that.

Still a pretty nice knife.  I've long wanted one myself.  Never seen an Eddie Bauer edition of it before. Thought that was only standard models with a screwdriver in place of the nail file or second blade.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%