Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hybrid / Vista Owners' Club

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Hybrid / Vista Owners' Club
on: June 20, 2016, 01:45:36 PM
 :whistle:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Hybrid / Vista Owners' Club
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:44:37 PM
I wished I could join but sadly :cry: these were being retired when I first started collecting and weren't very high on my list at the time :facepalm: As soon as they were retired the prices started going up and they became very rare very quick :oops: One day perhaps I will find one reasonable priced an get it though :D

The one you have is very nice and I love that sheath :drool:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 04:30:07 PM
:drool:

I wish I could afford one of these
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 05:05:19 PM
:drool:

I wish I could afford one of these

I remember seeing them on clearance at Tractor Supply and not buying one :facepalm:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 10:31:50 PM
I got mine well after they retired, brand new, for about USD$60-70.

I'm not really into camo myself but is a great sheath; I wish that style was available for other Leathermans.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:34:43 PM by Syncop8r »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 01:54:52 AM
If anyone is looking for that sheath.

Vista Camo Sheath

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 08:56:29 PM
I have one also. Found it a couple of years ago brand new in a shop.
That awl is a real weapon. Easy to get bit by if your not careful.
Vista.JPG
* Vista.JPG (Filesize: 927.89 KB)

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 10:08:33 PM

I got very lucky last year. Got them both for a very fair price. I almost gave up looking for them.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 10:55:57 PM

I got very lucky last year. Got them both for a very fair price. I almost gave up looking for them.

Which do you prefer?  :pok:

:cheers:

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 11:18:00 PM

Sweet ! I really like the color on that Hybrid. What i would love to have is the Genus it seems very cool.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 12:11:37 AM
You guys who have these are lucky. Good collection, or users!

I like all these Leatherman "one-offs" they made. Like these pruning shears
, crunch, flair etc. I would have liked to get one of these for my father who is a landscaper.

Nice seeing these in members collection/hands. How much was original retail for these? I'm assuming that's why they are now oop.
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 12:32:56 AM

Which do you prefer?  :pok:

:cheers:

Looks wise I like vista better only because it's camo sheath. I don't use them so cannot comment which one is more useful or better. I got them for the collection. I believe the Hybrid (yellow, grafting knife, bark lifter, sprinkler head adjuster, weed remover) was meant for gardening and Vista (green, awl, choke tube wrench, combo blade) was meant for hunting.

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 12:45:10 AM

Sweet ! I really like the color on that Hybrid. What i would love to have is the Genus it seems very cool.

Thanks  :cheers:  By the looks the Genus is a better tool for Gardening than the Hybrid. Stronger for sure.  But it's very un-leatherman like. They don't fold. That's another reason to have one in your collection. I actually contacted a dealer in South Africa who seem to have one but that did not work out. Finally one showed up in ebay and was able to get a Genus. At first I thought it was the ugliest LM. I have grown to like it now. Hope you find one too.

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 12:47:34 AM
You guys who have these are lucky. Good collection, or users!

I like all these Leatherman "one-offs" they made. Like these pruning shears
, crunch, flair etc. I would have liked to get one of these for my father who is a landscaper.

Nice seeing these in members collection/hands. How much was original retail for these? I'm assuming that's why they are now oop.

The suggested retail prices was $75. I am pretty sure they would have sold it for much cheaper in the market.

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 11:48:28 PM

Thanks  :cheers:  By the looks the Genus is a better tool for Gardening than the Hybrid. Stronger for sure.  But it's very un-leatherman like. They don't fold. That's another reason to have one in your collection. I actually contacted a dealer in South Africa who seem to have one but that did not work out. Finally one showed up in ebay and was able to get a Genus. At first I thought it was the ugliest LM. I have grown to like it now. Hope you find one too.
Ah, great you have one.  :cheers: Eventhough it doesn´t fold it seems to have a certain technical heavy duty look that I like about it. It looks like there is no plastic or rubber involved in the Genus ?
Strange enough  I have a spare prunerblade for the Genus. just lacking the actual tool. :facepalm:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 12:37:43 AM

Ah, great you have one.  :cheers: Eventhough it doesn´t fold it seems to have a certain technical heavy duty look that I like about it. It looks like there is no plastic or rubber involved in the Genus ?
Strange enough  I have a spare prunerblade for the Genus. just lacking the actual tool. :facepalm:

Perhaps wishful thinking :D If I knew that would work I would buy spare parts for all of the MTs I wanted :gimme:

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 12:16:34 AM

Perhaps wishful thinking :D If I knew that would work I would buy spare parts for all of the MTs I wanted :gimme:
:rofl: :rofl: Yes that is what it is .

england Offline Geths

Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 11:48:53 AM
Hi I have a Vista & Genus but would love to get a Hybrid, but know its going to be very expensive when one shows up.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 03:34:27 PM
I am still hoping one day I'll be at the fleamarket and see one selling for $1.  We can dream right? 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 07:28:35 PM
I would even love to see one for $30 at a flea market :facepalm: :D

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 01:28:47 AM
I am still hoping one day I'll be at the fleamarket and see one selling for $1.  We can dream right?

Not impossible, but definitely implausible.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 05:38:13 AM
Perhaps I should sell my Hybrid...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:40:52 AM by Syncop8r »

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 09:35:42 PM

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 09:07:52 PM

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #25 on: April 02, 2018, 09:11:56 PM
 :like:
More pics?  :pok:

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: April 02, 2018, 09:19:27 PM
Thanks!

I don't store my tools at home, but i have one more  :tu:

Sorry, i don't have pics form the packaging and paperwork.

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 08:10:19 PM
Next one

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 08:17:17 PM
 :tu:

de Offline CeHo