Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Did the way pictures post change?

SteveC · 62 · 3402

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Did the way pictures post change?
Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 06:44:11 PM
Maybe cause I'm on a tablet?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 06:51:39 PM
JR

I just checked on my phone and no bar on the mobile or full site so, probably is.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 06:54:36 PM
JR

I just checked on my phone and no bar on the mobile or full site so, probably is.
Ok, but as for the pic, I just took one to post and it said it was too big, even though it was a shot from the tablet, so I had to photobucket it..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 07:08:36 PM
JR

Ok, but as for the pic, I just took one to post and it said it was too big, even though it was a shot from the tablet, so I had to photobucket it..
JR

Sorry, JR, I can't help you with that.

I use an extremely convoluted process....  :facepalm:

Shoot pic on phone, uploade to my Google drive, download it to my laptop, adjust everything, save it, then open it in Windows Photo Viewer, size it, take a screen shot with the snipping tool, upload that to Photobucket and then link it to a post.

It can take an hour from pic to post!  :facepalm:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 07:38:30 PM
JR

JR

Shoot pic on phone, uploade to my Google drive, download it to my laptop, adjust everything, save it, then open it in Windows Photo Viewer, size it, take a screen shot with the snipping tool, upload that to Photobucket and then link it to a post.

Dang..
JR

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 07:46:47 PM
JR

JR

There's another forum I frequent that resizes the photo during upload, if it's too large. How hard would that be to implement?

That's quite the process  :o SAK guy, but your pictures are well worth it, thanks
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 07:52:48 PM
JR

JR

There's another forum I frequent that resizes the photo during upload, if it's too large. How hard would that be to implement?

That's quite the process  :o SAK guy, but your pictures are well worth it, thanks

Thank you sir!!  :hatsoff:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 01:53:04 PM
Pay no attention to the hairy man behind the curtain.... he isn't doing anything at all....  :pok:

But yes, his fiddling is responsible for any oddities you may see pop up.  You'll see what it's all about very soon.  Until then, forget you saw anything!  :P

Def

I hope it gets fixed soon.  3000-pixel wide images in threads ruins the look of the forum.

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 01:56:47 PM
Pay no attention to the hairy man behind the curtain.... he isn't doing anything at all....  :pok:

But yes, his fiddling is responsible for any oddities you may see pop up.  You'll see what it's all about very soon.  Until then, forget you saw anything!  :P

Def

I hope it gets fixed soon.  3000-pixel wide images in threads ruins the look of the forum.

I'm pretty certain it gradually destroys my old laptop as well  :ahhh
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

gr Offline firiki

Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 01:58:49 PM
JR

JR

Agreed, SAK Guy, your pics are great, but why do you choose to go through this entire process?  ???

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 04:48:12 PM
JR

JR

Agreed, SAK Guy, your pics are great, but why do you choose to go through this entire process?  ???

It started with the new smart phone I received at Christmas. Been using a $20 camera for years and compensated for it's deficiencies post production with photo editing software. So this new phone with it's great camera should fix everything...sadly no. My old camera had a SD card I simply plugged into a port on my computer. This one has a micro card (and I do have the SD adapter) but it's difficult (for a guy with RA) to pry the phone out of the protective case, pop the back and then fish that tiny card out of the guts of the phone...several times a day.   :facepalm:

So, why not use the USB charger/transfer cord like normal people? Tried that, but the transfer app on this phone never gets all the images, even when you precisely select them for transfer. It wants to dump the whole phone and when I check, many images aren't there....and it can take over an hour to transfer the images. :facepalm: Even the Windows transfer is convoluted and performs poorly, skipping images. It all became tedious when I sometimes need to shoot and post several pix a day.

So, I had to adapt and find a way to keep doing what I love to do.   :salute:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 05:13:44 PM
If it is Android I use MyPhoneExplorer Client it uses WiFi between your phone and computer to transfer all kinds of things, photos and videos transfer fairly quick and it backs up your contacts :tu:

Just install it on your phone and computer and follow the directions :D

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 05:38:45 PM
If it is Android I use MyPhoneExplorer Client it uses WiFi between your phone and computer to transfer all kinds of things, photos and videos transfer fairly quick and it backs up your contacts :tu:

I already have so much stuff on this phone that I had to delete things so all those google apps could update themselves....  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Wish I knew what to keep and what to get rid of.  But I'll will check into it!! Thanks Poncho!!   :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:57:33 PM by SAK Guy »
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 05:56:41 PM

I already have so much stuff on this phone that I had to delete things so all those google apps could update themselves....  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I wish I knew what I had to keep and what I could get rid of.  But I'll will check into it!! Thanks Poncho!!   :cheers:

I know what ya mean :D The phone I have now is better than my last phone so I don't have as many problems but there is always something ;) I have actually started being able to take the pic and load straight to photobucket but for some reason I have to re login everyday  :think: Should just keep my info saved but it won't upload things unless I log out and then back in :ahhh

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #44 on: June 30, 2016, 12:03:25 PM

Def

are you saying they aren't resizing at all? what browser?

The resizing mod we had wasn't working how we wanted, so we implemented a new CSS smarter resizing rather than the old fixed resize (which causes issues at lower resolutions as well)
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

gr Offline firiki

Reply #45 on: June 30, 2016, 12:48:29 PM
Personally, I'm using Firefox. I haven't noticed the sizes but when I click on a picture lately it usually gets blown out proportion.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 02:23:17 PM

Def

The resizing mod we had wasn't working how we wanted, so we implemented a new CSS smarter resizing rather than the old fixed resize (which causes issues at lower resolutions as well)

Chrome on OS X. I'll check it later and see if it's working again.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 03:06:10 PM

Def

So did we lose the click picture to see larger size feature   ?  If so that is a bummer  .

gr Offline firiki

Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 03:32:18 PM
JR

JR

It started with the new smart phone I received at Christmas. Been using a $20 camera for years and compensated for it's deficiencies post production with photo editing software. So this new phone with it's great camera should fix everything...sadly no. My old camera had a SD card I simply plugged into a port on my computer. This one has a micro card (and I do have the SD adapter) but it's difficult (for a guy with RA) to pry the phone out of the protective case, pop the back and then fish that tiny card out of the guts of the phone...several times a day.   :facepalm:

So, why not use the USB charger/transfer cord like normal people? Tried that, but the transfer app on this phone never gets all the images, even when you precisely select them for transfer. It wants to dump the whole phone and when I check, many images aren't there....and it can take over an hour to transfer the images. :facepalm: Even the Windows transfer is convoluted and performs poorly, skipping images. It all became tedious when I sometimes need to shoot and post several pix a day.

Have I ever told you I feel a profound dislike for smartphones? Well, it just got even worse.

Man, it almost makes me not want to see another pic from you because it's such a pain to upload them. On the other hand it makes me appreciate them even more. I hope you'll find Poncho's tip useful  :ahhh

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #49 on: June 30, 2016, 04:17:17 PM
JR

JR

Have I ever told you I feel a profound dislike for smartphones? Well, it just got even worse.

Man, it almost makes me not want to see another pic from you because it's such a pain to upload them. On the other hand it makes me appreciate them even more. I hope you'll find Poncho's tip useful  :ahhh

Thanks buddy, that's a very kind thing to say!   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #50 on: June 30, 2016, 09:25:41 PM
Chrome on OS X. I'll check it later and see if it's working again.

Nope, still doing it.  This post is the worst one I've spotted recently: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,42565.msg1292131.html#msg1292131

For reference, it's Chrome Version 51.0.2704.103 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 (updated within the last couple of weeks).

The resizing works fine and looks great on Chrome on my phone (Nexus 4, Android 5.1.1) and tablet (2013 Nexus 7, Android 6.0.1)

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #51 on: June 30, 2016, 09:30:21 PM
Also works OK on Safari 9.1.1 and Firefox 47 on the same Mac.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #52 on: July 09, 2016, 02:22:56 AM
Transferring photos from phone to PC is actually pretty simple.  Install something like Dropbox on both.   When you want a photo on your PC from your phone just use the Share button and put it in Dropbox.  Seconds later it will be in the Dropbox folder on your PC.

To shrink them use an app called AVG Image Shrinker. You can set an appropriate size that it will always use for that particular application.

If you install both AVG and Dropbox then you either select the individual photo or select multiple photos,  then share,  select AVG, it will ask what you want to share it with.  Select Gmail or Dropbox or whatever service you want to send it to and it does it automatically.

Saves a lot of time and energy if you are taking photos with your phone.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #53 on: July 09, 2016, 02:30:54 AM

Thanks Def!!!

Turns out I had a wifi transfer app on my phone....  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  I was just too dumb about these smart ass phones to realize it.   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: July 09, 2016, 02:47:32 AM

Thanks Def!!!

Turns out I had a wifi transfer app on my phone....  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  I was just too dumb about these smart ass phones to realize it.   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Glad you figured it out though :cheers:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: July 09, 2016, 03:16:03 AM
Indeed!

Glad I could help even if my info was useless!  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #56 on: July 09, 2016, 03:54:47 AM

Thanks Def!!!

Glad you figured it out though :cheers:

I was googling the MyphoneExplorer client you gave me and saw a mention of File Commander in one of the discussions. I have that and it's been bugging me to upgrade so I read about it and BANG. You just turn the Wifi transfer on, plug a website # into your browser and your whole phone pops up (which actually scares the hell out of me) and you down load the files you want. I wouldn't have found it if you had given me the tip.

Def, sorry I didn't update the thread but.....

I forgot what thread it was......

and then forgot to look for it.  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I hate getting old...  :(
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #57 on: July 09, 2016, 01:12:12 PM
As long as you have it working, that's all that matters!

As for getting older, well, it beats the alternative!

Def

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: July 09, 2016, 04:30:22 PM
New weirdness....tried to transfer some pics this morning and my wifi router address had changed by one number. that meant the saved shortcut I had wouldn't open the router. It had worked perfect for a week or so and then this. It was an easy fix but I was puzzled by the change. Nearest neighbor is over a mile away so I doubt it was messed with...all I can figure is the addy was altered by my provider but as to what end, I can't phantom.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #59 on: July 09, 2016, 04:43:13 PM

My pictures look normal..
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%