Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Today is 9/11, where were you when you saw what happened?

Offline jdailey4206966

• America- Love it or leave it, but don't bleed it!!
Today is 9/11, where were you when you saw what happened?
on: September 11, 2008, 01:02:19 PM
I hadn't even lived in Tennessee a full month when 9/11 happened. I had been working at my new job for almost a week on third shift, and I came home and my step dad turned the tv on and was like, "Huh? a plane hit the WTC, sure it was an accident. I watched it for a little bit, and then when I saw the 2nd plane hit the South Tower, I knew something was up. I immediatly left to go fill up for fear gas was gonna go through the roof. It is now 7 years later, and pray to God nothing ever happens like this to us again. GOD BLESS USA!!!  Where were you and what were you doing when you found out what happened?
J

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Today is 9/11, where were you when you saw what happened?
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:39:20 PM
I had been working at my current job for two months at the time.  I was in a meeting with about 20 other people, and someone barged in the door and told us about the first plane hitting.  We all got up and went to the kitchen area and watched the footage of the first plane hitting the tower.  I saw it, and immediately said, "that was no accident--it looks like terrorism to me."  Then the second hit and my comments were confirmed.  I still very clearly remember the shock everyone was experiencing at the time.  It was surreal.
- Terry

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 04:11:51 PM
I was at work and someone had brought it to our attention. It was so crazy and devistation that the boss had a stereo going the whole day so that everyone who wanted to know what was going on could hear about it. It was a sad day indeed.  :cry:

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 04:33:24 PM
I was at home recovering from my stomach surgery. I got up and turned on the TV. Of course they were talking about the plane hitting the tower. I was watching it live when the second one hit. I too went out and got gas, I also got some ammo for my guns. I don't know why I did that but it felt important to me at that time to do that. I lived close to a Kmart but had stopped selling ammo that day so I had to go to a gun store which was far away. To this day I won't shop at Kmart unless I have no other choice.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 04:59:38 PM
In class. The teachers freaked out. The students were left in the dark for twenty minutes or so. We assembled to watch the tiny TV in a science lab.
Got those frog legs.

Offline nezza33

Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 05:05:35 PM
Salu
J

us Offline EZ822

Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 05:18:45 PM
I was at home. I was living in Queens NYC at the time. About 10 miles from the WTC
Erick

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 05:31:33 PM
i was at home,surfin between channels in hangover,and happened to change to some channel...saw whats happening and i watched it some 3 hrs.i couldnt believe it at first.

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 05:49:40 PM
I was in math class I remember a teacher rushed in and said to turn the TV on and turn it to the news. On the news it showed where the first plane had hit. Then shortly after that another plane hit the other tower. I don't remember hearing about the pentagon being hit but I do remember about the plane crash in Pennsylvania and there was speculation that it was unrelated.
(

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 06:45:34 PM
Heres a little inspiration. This song kinda touches me.

BTW, when the stuff hit the fan, I was still sleeping out here in California. I think it was only like a quarter to six in the morning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_clidR7drg&feature=related

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 06:47:45 PM
I was in college and after my first class I was heading over to the campus lunch counter for a breakfast sandwich, some coffe and to check my e-mail.  While checking my e-mail someone behind me whispered to her friend that we were under attack and there was a plane missing and headed in our general direction (flight 93 turned back toward PA somewhere in the skies over the PA, WV, OH, tri-state area).  I went to the Lounge and it was full of people watching the TV and that horrible footage.  Classes contiued, although everyones mind was elsewhere (how I managed to disect the lower leg of a cat I'll never know).  I finished my last class and went to see my Fiancee before going to work.  After work I went to get gas.  I remember sitting there that night when I got home and I was so pissed I eventually fell asleep.    

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 07:55:16 PM
I was working in a high security prison at time and the whole place ground to halt to watch what was going on

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 10:17:01 PM
I was ready too go to bead after a hectic day preparing too go away for boot camp. Got a call the next morning and given orders too meet up on the 17 and not the 12. The 9/11 attack happened aprox 6 or 7 PM here in Norway.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:25 PM
Sad to say it, but me and my best bud were getting very, very drunk in the pub (around Midday ::)), I staggered home, flicked MTV on and got told to turn to a news channel, just in time to see the second aircraft plow in :(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 10:40:02 PM
I was half way across the English Channel, flying from Paris to Birmingham, although I was oblivious to it for some hours later. I go to my office around 11am I think, and called home as I'd been out of the country for a couple of days, and was asked if I'd seen what was going on. The only media I had available was the internet, and the company network was overloaded so it wasn't until I got home that evening that I realised the extent of it all.

My g/f had explained what had happened, but looking back it's strange that I didn't appreciate the scale of it until I saw the news later. I guess I imagined it to be something like the bombings that we had experienced periodically on the UK mainland for 40 years. I live near Birmingham, the scene of one of the worst terrorist attacks up until 9/11, so perhaps it was natural to assume that "it was just another attack" then.

Obviously, it wasn't. I actually had to fly back to Paris the following morning, and the full scale of what had happened was pretty clear by then. Armed police were not an everyday sight in England, until 10th September 2001. The extra security checks at the airport, the queues, the searches and laptop checks, the removal of proper cutlery from the flights......

It really did change the world like they said.

I used to come here a lot.

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 10:45:35 PM
I was on the tennis courts at school, playing hockey ( :think: ) during break. One of my friends came down to them and said someones flown a plane into the WTC so a couple of us dashed off to the library to use the internet to check it out, and found it on a news site (i think the bbc) and over the afternoon we popped back in to get updates on it, wasn't till I got home that evening till i saw the footage on TV that i realised how bad it was.
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 10:55:10 PM
Sad to say it, but me and my best bud were getting very, very drunk in the pub (around Midday ::)), I staggered home, flicked MTV on and got told to turn to a news channel, just in time to see the second aircraft plow in :(

Shame on you!  :twak:

Next time a large terrorist event like this is planned, I expect you to be something more constructive!  :twak:

....like groundskeeping .....or something.  :D
- Terry

Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 11:04:05 PM

Shame on you!  :twak:

Next time a large terrorist event like this is planned, I expect you to be something more constructive!  :twak:

....like groundskeeping .....or something.  :D
Will do boss :salute: :D :D

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47:19 PM
im here watchin some 2 hrs long document about that catastrophe.man those firefighters,cops,emt´s etc,all who put their own lifes on the game helping others,even the normal citizens who worked there,theyre real heroes.

Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 11:48:16 PM
im here watchin some 2 hrs long document about that catastrophe.man those firefighters,cops,emt´s etc,all who put their own lifes on the game helping others,even the normal citizens who worked there,theyre real heroes.
I won't argue with that, and there was a lot of those brave soul's killed too :salute:

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 11:57:13 PM
I won't argue with that, and there was a lot of those brave soul's killed too :salute:

thats what i tried to say too. :salute:

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 12:26:23 AM
I was out on a job and when I got back to the basement (where the IT department lurked) they were all pouring over the news sites, someone had captured a video stream to show me.  I watched it but just couldn't take it in, it didn't seem real.  Later that evening I was talking with my brother, who was down in London, he told me that after the second plane hit the offices emptied.  Nothing was really said, everyone just got up from their desks and headed home. 

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 02:26:25 AM
I was at work listening to King Diamonds Voodoo on cassette on the old crusty stereo nice and early in the morning when my supervisor came in and shut it off and began searching the scratchy radio stations.

"What the #%$# are you doing man?"

He told me a plane hit a building in NY and I figured it was some guy who lost control of his cessna or something (he didn't say it was a passenger jet).  So he put the news on and walked out.  I put my tape back on.

He came back in and said "dude, another plane hit we're under attack!"  ...that's when I got the full story about the two jets (and later the one that hit the Pentagon and the one that crashed in the field).  I remember for the whole day we were waiting for the news of another plane hitting something since every plane in the sky at the time was a potential weapon.

I didn't see actual footage of it until I got home later that night.
[

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 02:35:44 AM
I was in my first year in college, in Conway Arkansas, in morning writing class. The instructor brought in a tiny antique TV that you plug in cars so we can write about it. We thought it would be funny to try if it still works and it does. When it came on there it is, first tower on fire. We all thought it was a movie or something because it can't be happening, then it came, the second plane, BAM, then we realized it was the actual news channel...  :o

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 04:15:08 AM
I was laying block on a new firehall in Brentwood TN on Concord Road I can take you to the very spot, it was nearly 9 o'clock before we heard anything, we overheard 1 of the excavating ppl what was going on and he told us everything. I am pretty sure that the 2nd plane had already hit by then :cry: Very sad day :( We listened to the radio about it all the way home.  There was just any eerie feeling about the whole thing like it was just a dream :-[

Offline jdailey4206966

• America- Love it or leave it, but don't bleed it!!
Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 04:45:02 AM
All this by a bunch of coward ass boys who hate freedom, and are to scared to try to fight us face to face, $*#! you Bin Laden, chicken**** ************!! :twak:  :twak:  :twak:   :twak:   God Bless USA!!  :salute: Never forget 9/11/01!
J

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 05:08:51 AM
I woke up at noon to pick-up my son from daycare (I worked 3rd shift...still do).  I put on headphones, grabbed the jogger stroller and headed out to get him.  The radio was confusing, I kept hearing all flights were grounded.  I looked up and didnt see any airplanes or con. trails in the sky.....very errie.  At daycare the lady was very confused, she thought that some airplane had accidentally hit the Tower.  I jogged home and called by brother asking WTF.  Ill never forget, he said "we're at war."  That night I was assigned to watch our National Guard armory.  To me, no one was more heroic that day than the citizens that bonded together to what they could to help there fellow man.   If only that were the case every day.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 05:38:19 AM
I was in my first year in college, in Conway Arkansas, in morning writing class. The instructor brought in a tiny antique TV that you plug in cars so we can write about it. We thought it would be funny to try if it still works and it does. When it came on there it is, first tower on fire. We all thought it was a movie or something because it can't be happening, then it came, the second plane, BAM, then we realized it was the actual news channel...  :o

That had to be a trip!
- Terry

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 07:24:00 AM

That had to be a trip!

Yeah, it's one of those things I'll never forget. The class was basically cancelled and everybody watched the news on that tiny tv.

Offline appletree_man

Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 04:45:12 PM
It was about 1pm here, I was off work and having a light snooze in an armchair when my brother called and told me to turn on the tv. I didn't sleep after that for at least 24 hours.
T

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD