Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Other MultiTools

Tom Munch · 136 · 17459

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Re: Other MultiTools
Reply #120 on: February 19, 2007, 10:52:00 PM
And another.

* 20th-cen.jpg (Filesize: 24.2 KB)

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #121 on: February 19, 2007, 11:08:06 PM

* spanner.jpg (Filesize: 4.59 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #122 on: February 20, 2007, 05:27:22 AM
Wow, that Wrench Of The Month Club has got some neat old information. I actually own one of the ones they have pictured.

* boardm.jpg (Filesize: 3.21 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #123 on: February 20, 2007, 05:29:52 AM
Here it is even:
tool.jpg
* tool.jpg (Filesize: 33.05 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline zackhugh

Reply #124 on: March 01, 2007, 11:12:52 PM
That Laurus Axe and multi-tool looks pretty cool.  O0  Nice pickup.

Offline zackhugh

Reply #125 on: March 02, 2007, 09:50:20 PM
Please let us know how you like it.  I guess I'll have to start looking for one like this (with a hammerhead), even though I'm running out of space for all these multis.  There doesn't appear to be a quality modern multi that incorporates a striking surface or peen with all the assortment of tools.

I started collecting old multitools after seeing some on eBay that looked interesting to me.  It's fascinating to see how far back multitools go historically, and even to try to understand at a basic level how humans have developed and engineered tools over time.

Offline zackhugh

Reply #126 on: March 04, 2007, 12:40:09 AM
Depending on your requirments there are a few modern ones around . Though I notice you said you wanted one with a peen . I am not sure that I have seen any modern or old multi tool hammers with a peen . All that I remember possess a claw , hatchet or window breaker point which could possibly be substituted for a peen .

How many multis own you ? I truly feel  that once one becomes as obsessed as I that they own you rather than you owning them . My oldest that I have so far as I know probably goes back to 1890 or so though I know multis go back farther than that . If you would like if you are interested in old ones feel free to PM me , maybe we could do some barter . I have been known to have a few extras .

Sorry, I guess I misstated that.  I basically meant multitools with hammer surfaces.  I see a few modern ones on eBay but they don't look particularly well-made.  I've seen some older hammer tools, but they are a bit larger than a pocketable tool, which is the size I generally collect.

Yup, I got the disease since my first SAK.  Things only got much worse after Leatherman launched their tool and now we have the internet and eBay and forums like these to spread the contagion.

OK, sorry if I've taken this too far O/T.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #127 on: March 04, 2007, 12:54:33 AM
This sounds like the type of old hammer multitool you guys are talking about. It came from Solingen, Germany, lord knows how long ago. it has nickel plated metal surfaces and dark wooden handle scales with brass pins.
Solingen hammer.jpg
* Solingen hammer.jpg (Filesize: 41.98 KB)

Offline zackhugh

Reply #128 on: March 04, 2007, 01:05:38 AM
Thanks, that's a nice example.  Don't see them around that often.  Well, maybe except for this forum.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #129 on: March 04, 2007, 01:07:36 AM
OK, sorry if I've taken this too far O/T.

No such thing as "too far O/T" in my books. 

If I may digress for a moment, this is something I have wanted to say for a while, but as far as I am concerned, a discussion topic is a living thing and should be free to go whereever it may take us. 

I have been accused in the past of letting things get too far off topic, or too far astray, but quite frankly, I like to see where these things go.  And, since I own this forum, what I say goes!  So there.

Now back to your regularily scheduled hammer talk, already in progress...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #130 on: March 05, 2007, 04:11:16 AM
Well, that's one thing I've never seen in a multotool before.  :o

I know there is a bit of a gray area, but something tells me that thing isn't TSA legal!  :police:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #131 on: March 05, 2007, 04:41:42 AM
I know there is a bit of a gray area, but something tells me that thing isn't TSA legal!  :police:

What I meant to say was that I'll bet it's not allowed onto airplanes. No, of course it isn't. Pretty unique though. Do you have any dimensions? It seems like the handle would have to be quite large in order to hold the 5-shot revolver cylinder.

Offline zackhugh

Reply #132 on: March 05, 2007, 08:36:29 PM
Moving on should we explore some more interesting hardware ?  >:D >:D What other mayhem can we get into ? Hmmmmm ? Let me reach into my bag of tricks . Ouch ! I think I cut myself . My mother always told me not to play with sharp things . Shoulda listened to her .

Here is a goody ! The S.R.T. - 1 , Survival Rescue Tool  . I hope that you fellows can make out the copy , it was developed by a Captain in the special forces during Viet Nam . Never taken on by the Army ( offically so far as I know ) , he came home to Salt Lake City and had it produced himself . Then he sold the rights to a SAGDAD Corp. They sold it for a while and then fell into obscurity . Here is some of the poop sheets that came with the device .

Wow, that's weird.  I was just about to ask if anyone has seen one of these.  I remember back in the 80's this was featured in Survive magazine, although I sort of recall it having a different name.  I probably still have the article so I'll have to look it up.  I always kick myself for not buying one since they don't seem to appear anywhere nowadays.  Did manage to get a Skachet on eBay, but never one of these.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #133 on: March 12, 2007, 04:38:23 AM
I was browsing around today on those Chinese Tool sites mentioned earlier in this thread. One of them shows a couple of examples of a SOG Micro ToolClip copy.

Another example of the old adage; Whatever we can do, they can do junkier!   ::)

* SOG Micro ToolClip copies.jpg (Filesize: 14.31 KB)

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #134 on: March 25, 2007, 06:42:29 PM

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #135 on: March 25, 2007, 08:36:26 PM
Whoa! I've never seen that type of locking plier before.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%