Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Best flashlight with belt sheath

TCGB · 16 · 1978

Offline TCGB

Best flashlight with belt sheath
on: July 10, 2016, 11:22:55 AM
Hello everyone

I am in the pool and spa industry and I carry a leatherman or a Victorinox everyday. I am now in the process of looking for a EDC flashlight to carry that will have the following, and I was hoping you could make some recommendations and where I can purchase from.

Waterproof
Not affected by salty water (may be on my hands)
Won't go actually in in the pool water (I hope) but may have wet hands occasionally
Must have a sheath for belt carry
Bright as possible not sure lumens count etc
Won't be used everyday and when it is used will only be used for 10-15mins in any given time
High quality build, long lasting & durable against commercial use

Please help! I have not got an idea where to start and I'm happy to pay for a good product that will see many years in service.

TCGB

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Best flashlight with belt sheath
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 12:16:56 PM
Most decent branded lights tend to be wr to 2m.
However, with greater depths and possible salt water use I would suggest going for a decent low cost diving light, e.g. xtar and getting a separate sheath. Sheaths tend to come in a few styles, but are generally cheap
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:18:14 PM by dks »
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 04:17:30 PM
Do you carry the MT on a sheath? Or pocket carry? 

I would recommend something in a titanium body, no rust/corrosion. Or a plastic body like most dive lights,  Dks is spot on.

us Offline Archibald Tuttle

Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 06:28:05 AM
Pool and spa? Another thankless trade, imho. Electrical, plumbing, chemist and water quality are just the start of the many disciplines required. And the uninitiated believe these systems require little maintenance.
I would suggest either Princeton Tec or Underwater Kinetics. Both manufacturers produce torches designed for common batteries, salt water and industrial use. If you look at the online U.S.A. dealer "Brightguy" each light has a corresponding nylon holster that fits each model.
These dive rated lights are bright, non conductive and easily waterproof. If using AA or AAA cells, use quality NIMH rechargeable batteries. If using standard alkaline batteries, make sure to remove the cells after each use, as the alkaline chemistry has a high propensity to leak and damage the torches internals. Thanks for your labor and God bless a warm, clean pool. One of life's many graces.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 04:18:31 PM
I have some ideas.  Do you have a budget in mind?
- Terry

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 11:07:18 PM
I would say a 2-AA Maglite would be ideal. The new-ish Maglite Pro is a incredible light. Lots of lumens and throw, great run times compared to other flashlights putting out the same lumens, tough, built in the USA and have a lifetime warranty.

There are two things that I would mention though. They are only water resistant to IPX-4. It comes with a sheath, but I would replace it with a different one.

Maglite makes amazing, dependable flashlights and their warranty backs that.
I'm the milk man!

Offline TCGB

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 11:54:20 AM
Thanks every for the information, it is definitely an industry that requires never ending learning... But I really enjoy it, it's very rewarding being part of the leisure industry :)

I don't have a budget in mind I am thinking I would be happy to pay $150-200 for a long lasting flashlight, don't require rechargeable.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 03:55:06 PM
I used to work as maintenance in a large health club with a 25m pool etc and took care of the pool plant-room and all the associated chemicals.  I never had a problem with any of my 'standard' quality lights. 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 03:23:09 PM

I don't have a budget in mind I am thinking I would be happy to pay $150-200 for a long lasting flashlight, don't require rechargeable.

IMO, your best investment in that price range for a bomb-proof setup would be the following:

Malkoff MD2 with high/low switch: https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com/collections/malkoff-led-flashlights/products/turnkey-md2-with-high-low-switch

Ripoffs CO-30: http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co30/co30.html

Entirely made in the USA, in case that means something to you.  I don't know where you're from.  There are other holsters available if you don't like velcro.  Just look for a holster that fits a Surefire 6P.

I also would suggest that you run it with a rechargeable Li-Ion 18650 cell, rather than continually spending money on disposable CR123 cells.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:39:51 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 06:18:58 PM
The only thing I'd be a little wary of are electronic switches.  Not that I've had any issues myself, but given your conditions I'm not sure they'd hold up.  I'd have a look at the Eagletac D25LC2 if you're happy with a 18650 cell.  Eagletac do a pretty nice sheath with their lights.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline TCGB

Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 12:09:37 PM
Thanks everyone I have enough info to and a decision at this stage I am really liking the Malkoffs, I am from Australia and love USA made stuff!!

IMO, your best investment in that price range for a bomb-proof setup would be the following:

Malkoff MD2 with high/low switch: https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com/collections/malkoff-led-flashlights/products/turnkey-md2-with-high-low-switch

Ripoffs CO-30: http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co30/co30.html

Entirely made in the USA, in case that means something to you.  I don't know where you're from.  There are other holsters available if you don't like velcro.  Just look for a holster that fits a Surefire 6P.

I also would suggest that you run it with a rechargeable Li-Ion 18650 cell, rather than continually spending money on disposable CR123 cells.

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline samuelking

• New User
Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 08:21:04 AM
The finest places for buying flashlights with belts are the leading online stores of portable lights. Here you can get the best quality LED flashlights that come with some exclusive features like long lasting and chargeable batteries, belts for carrying, and much more. Some of the best selling products are the 1000-2000 lumen LED lights. In the websites of these sellers, you can get a huge collection of the handpicked flashlights made by the topmost brands from which you can select the most appropriate product for you. For any further detail, please visit the websites of these well-known sellers.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 08:28:18 AM
Lol, hey there new guy.   :cheers:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 10:07:53 AM
The finest places for buying flashlights with belts are the leading online stores of portable lights. Here you can get the best quality LED flashlights that come with some exclusive features like long lasting and chargeable batteries, belts for carrying, and much more. Some of the best selling products are the 1000-2000 lumen LED lights. In the websites of these sellers, you can get a huge collection of the handpicked flashlights made by the topmost brands from which you can select the most appropriate product for you. For any further detail, please visit the websites of these well-known sellers.

I would say that you work for a vendor or something. Or just spam.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 10:12:03 AM
Spamuelking?  :D
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!