Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Dime broke again

00 Offline haja.maideen.988

Gerber Dime broke again
on: July 14, 2016, 02:43:45 AM
helo. my Gerber dime broken again. this is my second Dime from USA and it's piliar broken for no reason. My first Dime scissors just broke while pulling out. It was repair under warranty and lost. So I bought another Dime and a  leatherman squirt ps4. But the leatherman squirt ps4  knife seem to be the other way around.  many time I almost cut my finger.

Re: Gerber Dime broke again
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 02:56:28 AM

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 02:58:35 AM
I love the Dime layout but they don't seem very robust :(

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 03:42:43 AM
Sorry to hear that it broke  :-\ They should sort that for you under warranty though :tu:

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 03:51:58 AM
Fragile little things, I'v had a replacement under warranty with mine and now I'm almost scared to use it because I have no confidence in it.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 04:18:17 AM
I'm surprised they haven't recalled them, and improve the design. That's a common image for broken Dimes.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 07:12:07 AM
Had two Dimes. Both came flawed NIB (one was a nailbreaker, one had casting errors and was full of scratches and bubbles). Great design and layout but abysmal quality...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 07:21:23 AM
we keep telling people that they are not very reliable, but they just do not listen (same for the powerduo...)   :D :D :D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 10:21:21 AM
I email my local shop they are going to send back to Gerber for repair.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 12:26:13 PM
I email my local shop they are going to send back to Gerber for repair.

Sorry you are having to be without your tool but at least they will fix it under warranty for you :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 10:17:15 PM
Had my first dime, a Purple one too

Mine broke in a week, too. Pliers don't work now, but I use the other implements

Now I have a black one I purchased before the first one went down, but I really have little faith in this tool

Quality problems seem excessively common with the Dime. So much potential... :facepalm:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 05:10:45 AM
When they start losing too much £ from warranty, will they improve the build, or just pull the model?  :-\

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 05:01:33 PM
When they start losing too much £ from warranty, will they improve the build, or just pull the model?  :-\
I doubt they will pull it anytime soon. I'm pretty sure the Dime is a huge seller for Gerber (it's available in almost all the big box stores around here), and I would be willing to bet the number of warranty returns is considerably smaller than the number of sales
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 04:46:04 PM
Giving it another chance this week...

let's see if it's up to the task  If anything relevant happens, I'll update  :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%