Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[GAW] MT.O Murder Mystery

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
[GAW] MT.O Murder Mystery
on: July 15, 2016, 11:18:50 AM
As attention goes down with the length of the posts, I kick off with:

Rules
- Minimum post requirements 22.1B should be enough
- One "guess" per day (Best wait after Etherealicers daily hint)
- Keep the list tidy as follows:

001 - Etherealicer - Murderer / Weapon / Stolen item
002 - Betterealicer - Kirky (we always blame him) / His razor sharp wit / He stole Def's dress.

End
This is the end, my only friend, the end - The Doors
Easy, the first one to guess the Murderer, the Murder-Weapon and what was stolen wins. Should by the end of the month no-one have guessed all three then the Cadet with the highest score wins, should multiple cadets have the same score, then there will be a draw.

Scoring
You really don't need to read this as it is boring as smurf.
Scoring is per guess and not cumulative. As the stolen item is the easiest it scores 2 points, a bit harder the murder-weapon scores 3 points and the murderer who is bloody hard I presume will give you 4 points.

Huhh? I don't get it
It is fairly simple, solve the crime!
There are three parts to this cold case. First, identify what has been stolen, then try to figure out, what has been used as murder weapon and finally find out who/what the murderer is.

I'm even more confused now
It's really simple. For example there is a mouse in the image (or is that a rat?), so obviously, the rat was not stolen... wait a minute, why is there a rat? Maybe, because a herring would be too easy. Excuse me, but which rodent are we talking about?

The Price...
Isn't participation enough? Well, you are lucky, there are two in fact. One for winning and one for participating. One is "New Zealands rugby team -s"... give me a break this riddle making is hard, but I'm sure I can come up with more hints.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:20:19 AM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: [GAW] MT.O Murder Mystery
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:19:11 AM
Welcome Cadets of the MT.O Special Operation Group for Serious Crimes (specialized in crimes of most foul nature, like murder or poorly formatted lists.). As you all know my predecessor Special Chief in Charge (SCC) Goodman was a great Detective and during his whole career only one crime he was unable to solve. So, on his dead bed he made me promise to solve the crime for him. For years I have tried to give his soul rest, but I have to admit defeat... I have failed him.

[dramatic pause]

It is now up to you to carry on the torch, keep the light alive and try your best to solve the crime.

As brilliant as SCC Goodman was, his note-taking qualities have never been stellar, so we have to work with those few images we have. Still, I'm convinced the answer is in those.

Photograph of the crime scene. Sadly, our crime scene photographer was a young hipster and he took all the pictures with a sketch filter. As you can see, the victim was stabbed right next to the door. We believe he surprised the intruder.

I have no idea why that picture is in there, but the coffee spill looks a bit like a face.

Surveillance images... not sure why those 4 are there in particular.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:21:38 AM by Etherealicer »

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:51:36 AM
That's a very cool idea  :)   :cheers:

One question, maximum score possible is 9 points?
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 11:54:03 AM
That's a very cool idea  :)   :cheers:

One question, maximum score possible is 9 points?
Correct. 9 points also gives you the immediate win! And if you do it right now, then it also guarantees you the participation price ;)

gr Offline firiki

Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 12:00:14 PM
Right, then, I'll get the list started :salute: I doubt I've cracked the mystery but here goes:

001 - firiki - The butler did it/ With a bullet through the chest/ He stole some information

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 12:26:18 PM
Coolest giveaway EVER

001 - firiki - The butler did it/ With a bullet through the chest/ He stole some information
002 - Corwyn - The guy in the painting on the wall/ With a lightsaber/ He stole the clock on the wall
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 12:32:54 PM
One is "New Zealands rugby team -s"

Uh Oh.. I know this one:

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 01:19:02 PM

Uh Oh.. I know this one:

(Image removed from quote.)
Very good... now lets continue

- If you think the price is from New Zealand then you are wrong... in fact, no Earth based guess could be further from the truth.
- Whos chant is the Haka? And what do you get if you have many of 'em?
- For the last part, lets move to the neighbor and ask ourselves, which word completes the following sentence: "Hah hah hah. That’s not a ???… THAT’S a ???."

hr Offline styx

Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 01:24:11 PM
now this is interesting

002 - Corwyn - The guy in the painting on the wall/ With a lightsaber/ He stole the clock on the wall
003 - styx - the man's son / with a knife/ new SAK designs were stolen
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 01:25:46 PM

Uh Oh.. I know this one:

- If you think the price is from New Zealand then you are wrong... in fact, no Earth based guess could be further from the truth.
- For the last part, lets move to the neighbor and ask ourselves, which word completes the following sentence: "Hah hah hah. That’s not a ???… THAT’S a ???."

What's a Maori Knife? I doubt it's a Kiwis knife...
All Black Spyderco Kiwi?

england Offline Kev D

Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 01:43:46 PM
Oooo this should be fun..

Professor plum, in the... wait wrong game  :D

004 - Kevin Davey - a rival researcher did it / with a spork / the coffee mug was stolen
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:03:36 PM by Kevin Davey »

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 02:20:31 PM

Uh Oh.. I know this one:

What's a Maori Knife? I doubt it's a Kiwis knife...
All Black Spyderco Kiwi?
You are as close to the target as a Stormtrooper Sniper :D

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 02:33:55 PM

us Offline Swiss Guy

Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 02:41:22 PM
Jealous friend used the rifle on the bookcase and took his knife.

004 - Kevin Davey - a rival researcher did it / with a spork / the coffee mug was stolen
005 - Swiss Guy - friend / with rifle / took knife
The right tool is the one you have on you

gr Offline firiki

Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 02:46:52 PM

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 03:00:11 PM
004 - magentus - Harry Potter (left his wand under the desk) / with an 'Avada Kedavra' spell which backfired slightly by killing victim but turning Harry into the mouse seen in the picture / Gameboy was going to be stolen, but Mouse Harry Potter is too small to carry it off.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 03:00:55 PM
Fun game I shall watch from the sidelines in awe :cheers: :D

england Offline Kev D

Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 03:07:00 PM
List corrected

005 - Swiss Guy - friend / with rifle / took knife.
006 - magentus - Harry Potter (left his wand under the desk) / with an 'Avada Kedavra' spell which backfired slightly by killing victim but turning Harry into the mouse seen in the picture / Gameboy was going to be stolen, but Mouse Harry Potter is too small to carry it off.

us Offline Vinjints

Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 03:12:29 PM
006 - magentus - Harry Potter (left his wand under the desk) / with an 'Avada Kedavra' spell which backfired slightly by killing victim but turning Harry into the mouse seen in the picture / Gameboy was going to be stolen, but Mouse Harry Potter is too small to carry it off.
007 - James Bond (cuz of the number to the left) / Mr Pinchy / the cat the kept the mouse away

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 03:13:36 PM
You can join... all you can find in the admin-section is the solution to the price-riddle :salute:

no Offline Grathr

Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 03:16:49 PM

007 - James Bond (cuz of the number to the left) / Mr Pinchy / the cat the kept the mouse away
008 - Grathr- Harley/ with a Svord (knife)/ stole his prized SAK.
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline lichan

Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 04:40:06 PM
009 - lichan - SAK Guy/letter opener/cigar

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 04:56:59 PM
Excellent giveway, thanks for putting it together!

010 - eddie1115 - local college kid looking for "rare Pokemon"/with the scissors/stole the rat(or mouse) cage

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 05:50:03 PM
 :rofl:

I'm rooting for you buddy!!!  :salute:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 05:58:09 PM
You can join... all you can find in the admin-section is the solution to the price-riddle :salute:

:salute:

:popcorn:

:D

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 06:02:57 PM
:rofl:

I'm rooting for you buddy!!!  :salute:
I dont know about you guys, but if I had just killed SakGuy, I would probably have stolen some sweet OC Alox....
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 07:53:38 PM
Well now there's a mystery to be solved...

010 - eddie1115 - local college kid looking for "rare Pokemon"/with the scissors/stole the rat(or mouse) cage
011 - Aleph 78 - the coffee boy/all black svörd/stole the girls heart at 18:14:54
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 09:58:28 PM
Interesting... Watson, the game is afoot!

011 - Aleph 78 - the coffee boy/all black svörd/stole the girls heart at 18:14:54
012 - Outback in Idaho - Accidental death to oneself / Man threw knife at spider on the door, knife deflected, and the ricochet stabbed him in the chest where he lay in a stupor, saying to himself as his life slowly ebbed away, "WTF? How the hell... " / Knife was stolen by large rodent, who is actually a packrat, and left something shiny in the knife's place - which only confused the whole situation. - Conclusion, He who laughs last was probably the rat.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:59:57 PM by Outback in Idaho »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 03:44:29 AM
Interesting... Watson, the game is afoot!

012 - Outback in Idaho - Accidental death to oneself / Man threw knife at spider on the door, knife deflected, and the ricochet stabbed him in the chest where he lay in a stupor, saying to himself as his life slowly ebbed away, "WTF? How the hell... " / Knife was stolen by large rodent, who is actually a packrat, and left something shiny in the knife's place - which only confused the whole situation. - Conclusion, He who laughs last was probably the rat.
013 - Alan K. - It was self inflicted. The victim jumped up when he spilled the all black coffee, hitting his head on the clock which stopped the clock, then he pitched forward and was stabbed with the scissors which remain open on the desk. The old lady then found him and stole the coffee mug because in her shocked mental state all she could think to do was take the mug home to wash it.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #29 on: July 16, 2016, 04:36:39 AM
012 - Outback in Idaho - Xelkos / deflected knife / knife
013 - Alan K. - Alan K. / Scissors / Coffee Mug
014 - sLaughterMed - Poncho65 / Hamburger / signed copy of Cat Fancy magazine.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%