Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Me and my scissors

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Me and my scissors
on: July 18, 2016, 03:42:50 AM
Not knowing and then debating which subforum to put this in I finally chose the Mod squad :cheers:

I ordered a few things from our main guy loki-mobile and then waited patiently until the day :mail:

I got 2 of the 4 way knurled screw wrenches :dd: a couple of the security bits, a couple pair of Wave/Blast scissors and a Blast saw :tu: Not everything is pictured :whistle:

So what to put the scissors in :think:  :whistle:

I think the Rebar and the Supertool 300 would be perfect :think: A quick search and I found a configuration on here for the Rebar but not really seeing the Supertool 300 so would it work ??? Actually it was easier to make the scissors on the ST 300 than in the Rebar :o They don't lockup exactly but they work perfectly :cheers: All I lost from both was a washer and the lanyard ring :ahhh I can't believe LM didn't put scissors into the Rebar ??? I think it was a bit lazy ::)

I am very pleased with my wrenches and how well they work and loving the scissors on the 300 and am sure I will love them on the Rebar after the July challenge is over :dd:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: Me and my scissors
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 04:12:59 AM
Great mods Poncho! Arent those wrenches nifty?
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 04:17:28 AM
Great mods Poncho! Arent those wrenches nifty?

I am really pleased with how well those things work :tu:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 04:32:58 AM
Great stuff. Loki's wrenches have made my life a lot easier as well  I agree with Leatherman dropping the ball on not putting scissors in the Rebar. Of course it's likely they don't want to take sales away from the Micra. Either way looking good. :tu:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 04:51:44 AM
Great stuff. Loki's wrenches have made my life a lot easier as well  I agree with Leatherman dropping the ball on not putting scissors in the Rebar. Of course it's likely they don't want to take sales away from the Micra. Either way looking good. :tu:

Thank you Sir :cheers:

I can understand why they didn't put them on Mr. 300 because no Supertool has ever had them but to have the room in the Rebar and not put them :facepalm: Well I have them in mine now so I am very happy :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 04:53:11 AM
I did forget to mention that the scissors rub just a little bit on the file but not enough to aggravate me ;)

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 05:01:15 AM

I can understand why they didn't put them on Mr. 300 because no Supertool has ever had them but to have the room in the Rebar and not put them :facepalm: Well I have them in mine now so I am very happy :D

Omitting them on the super tool I'm ok with. I got the original swisstool because a tool that size I use at work, and there I use electrician scissors. The rebar however is greatly improved with them. Before they were added to mine I paired it up with the vic compact. Great combo nonetheless. Anyway, how's it going with the st300 challenge?
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 05:18:25 AM

Omitting them on the super tool I'm ok with. I got the original swisstool because a tool that size I use at work, and there I use electrician scissors. The rebar however is greatly improved with them. Before they were added to mine I paired it up with the vic compact. Great combo nonetheless. Anyway, how's it going with the st300 challenge?

I normally carry a Supertool (of some sort) or the Rebar everyday for work anyways so the challenge hasn't been that hard :cheers: The scissors will definitely make it easier to take a action pic as I do use scissors quite often on either a MT or SAK :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 05:22:04 AM
The scissors addition has made the Rebar the near perfect MT for me :dd:

Love the size, OHO is nice but never a deal breaker for me and I am use to opening up the tool to get a tool so that doesn't bother me either :cheers:

I just love the tool selection of the Supertool series (Rebar included) the scissors are like icing on the cake :tu:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 05:28:56 AM
And not having the extra features on the Rebar also saves on weight. I was really surprised first handling one and how light it was. Makes a difference in carrying choice. Glad to see love for it

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 05:46:38 AM
And not having the extra features on the Rebar also saves on weight. I was really surprised first handling one and how light it was. Makes a difference in carrying choice. Glad to see love for it

I love old school LM and the Rebar has that same old school feel to me :cheers: If only it had a diamond file :dd: Does anyone know if there is a diamond file on any LM that would just fit right into the Rebar ??? That would be right at perfect for me :D

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 05:48:58 AM
I, literally, am about to do the same thing! Haha. Finally got my scissors and got me some wrenches too! I'm going to add them onto my everyday carry Rebar, for like you said, the (near) perfect tool!

Btw. The knifeless rebar has scissors.
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 05:56:15 AM
I, literally, am about to do the same thing! Haha. Finally got my scissors and got me some wrenches too! I'm going to add them onto my everyday carry Rebar, for like you said, the (near) perfect tool!

That is why it irritates me so much that they aren't on the regular version Rebar :bnghd:

:D

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 06:06:28 AM

That is why it irritates me so much that they aren't on the regular version Rebar :bnghd:

fully agree. Take a poll and see who would rather have a spacer and lanyard ring (which only gets in the way when you have para it's on it and trying to use the tools?), or, the scissors. It'll be a pretty one sided poll... C'mon leatherman ;)
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 02:00:27 PM

fully agree. Take a poll and see who would rather have a spacer and lanyard ring (which only gets in the way when you have para it's on it and trying to use the tools?), or, the scissors. It'll be a pretty one sided poll... C'mon leatherman ;)

They used the excuse that they designed this for somebody who works hard ??? That is why they left scissors and diamond file out :think: I work hard and those are a couple of my favorite tools :doh: I mean who do the designers interview for this sort of thing anyway ???

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 02:06:49 PM
Nice work P   :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 02:15:36 PM
loki's wrenches are amazing.  :salute:

Scissors in Rebar are sweeeeet.  :cheers:
Lanyard ring does not cut it (pun intended).

Also, while we're at it, awls in Charges, and Waves.  :rant:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 02:22:30 PM
I did forget to mention that the scissors rub just a little bit on the file but not enough to aggravate me ;)

Why not swap the file around for another long tool?  :think:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 04:35:48 PM

Then the file would just rub on something else. The washer Poncho replaced the with the scissors kept the file from rubbing the inside tools. I bet if you look closely at the scissor side lock, its no longer flush with the rest of the tool.

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 04:42:58 PM

I used the same washer that was in before (a thin one :think: ) but I think the file may have a slight bend in it :shrug:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 04:45:13 PM
Nevermind the lanyard ring was against the thin washer and not a reg tool :doh: That's why it didn't rub against anything :D

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 04:46:05 PM
 :whistle:

I used the same washer that was in before (a thin one :think: ) but I think the file may have a slight bend in it :shrug:
Wasnt the lanyard loop next to the file? That would act as an extra washer. If im wrong yall should just ignore my previous comment....

Never mind. Poncho beat me to it.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 04:49:08 PM
:whistle:

Wasnt the lanyard loop next to the file? That would act as an extra washer. If im wrong yall should just ignore my previous comment....

Never mind. Poncho beat me to it.

I gotcha that time :pok: :D

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 06:33:59 PM

I've got my scissors in the other handle next to the saw , no rubbing.

I switched back to the Rebar plier head yesterday and got a nice blood blister on my thumb in the process  :facepalm:

You could probably get a slightly thicker washer at the hardware store that would give the file enough clearance.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:36:02 PM by SteveC »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 07:48:37 PM

I switched back to the Rebar plier head yesterday and got a nice blood blister on my thumb in the process  :facepalm:

You could probably get a slightly thicker washer at the hardware store that would give the file enough clearance.

I have a few of the thin washers laying around and I may just add anther to see if it helps :cheers: But it is Mr. 300 that's rubbing a little  ;) I think I have my Rebar setup just like yours though :think: :tu: Well close to yours anyway :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 07:53:07 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

I agree awl's should be in everything :D

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 08:04:10 PM

I agree awl's should be in everything :D

awls well with that statement   :D

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 08:05:00 PM

I have a few of the thin washers laying around and I may just add anther to see if it helps :cheers: But it is Mr. 300 that's rubbing a little  ;) I think I have my Rebar setup just like yours though :think: :tu: Well close to yours anyway :D

Worth a try anyway  :cheers:

us Offline evil510

• Envision. Create. Innovate.
Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 10:55:53 PM
Poncho mods tools? I had no idea. Great going on the mod  :tu:  Evil likes scissors on tools.....   ;)
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Evil's Urban Trekker (on hold)
Shear Evil (on hold)
The Evil Incarnate (a work in progress)

UPDATES:
Evil's Quad Strop Mini introduced.....
Evil's Pocket Octo-Driver introduced.....
Brute Driver HD - COMPLETE

LATEST NEWS:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 03:41:22 PM
Poncho mods tools? I had no idea. Great going on the mod  :tu:  Evil likes scissors on tools.....   ;)

I love my scissors :D

Thank you Sir :hatsoff:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44