Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs + other blades

ThePeacent · 2671 · 95202

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: SAKs + other blades
Reply #1170 on: November 30, 2017, 06:04:32 PM
 :like:

Now that's a well prepared office!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #1171 on: November 30, 2017, 08:18:14 PM

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1172 on: November 30, 2017, 10:25:29 PM

That white handled knife is very cool.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1173 on: December 04, 2017, 04:10:22 PM

That white handled knife is very cool.

it's a classic Spanish navaja.  :cheers:
While waiting for my next bladed friend to arrive and ride in my pocket (but will still take a while as it's been caught by the evil Spanish customs  :facepalm:  so now lots of trouble and paperwork will ensue   :rant:) I'm carrying the closest to it I own, and one of my most carried as of late, the CS Swift.

Thanks Nix and hopefully there won't be (that much) trouble with customs this time!!!  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1174 on: December 04, 2017, 11:57:04 PM
Good to see you back here!

I am missing my SAK's while I undergo the Rebar Challenge.... :-\

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1175 on: December 05, 2017, 06:16:57 PM
Good to see you back here!

I am missing my SAK's while I undergo the Rebar Challenge.... :-\

worry not! The Rebar takes most things without problem...and it's 30 days after all!
Instead you should be happy and glad that you created such a fun and entertaining thread.  :salute: It's hard to remember a 30 Day Challenge thread that was so active in the LM subforum  :tu:

my most carried SAK + commonly carried blades of the last 5 years or so

My toys:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #1176 on: December 05, 2017, 06:28:26 PM
This is my daily carry & has been for a very long time. The only time it has changed was the 3 weeks my Champ was away at the Vic Spa.
100_7524.jpg
* 100_7524.jpg (Filesize: 275.75 KB)
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1177 on: December 05, 2017, 06:45:24 PM
Nice carry, Butch!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1178 on: December 05, 2017, 07:36:45 PM
This is my daily carry & has been for a very long time. The only time it has changed was the 3 weeks my Champ was away at the Vic Spa.

Agreed, very nice.   :like:

What's that Buck-ish backlock on the right, looks very sexy and rugged!   :salute:
My toys:

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #1179 on: December 05, 2017, 07:40:16 PM

What's that Buck-ish backlock on the right, looks very sexy and rugged!   :salute:

Yes, I want to know too. It looks like a  Ranger.

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #1180 on: December 06, 2017, 04:43:24 AM

That is an old Buck 422. I got it in an Ebay purchase of TSA knife lot of about 100 knives. It had a broken blade that I re-contoured my self.
Been carrying that one at least 5 years.. That is everyday for 5 years. Even the month I recently spent in the hospital & rehab it was in my pocket.
I will try to get some better photos of it tomorrow & post them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:12:35 AM by Butch »
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1181 on: December 06, 2017, 12:26:06 PM

That is an old Buck 422. I got it in an Ebay purchase of TSA knife lot of about 100 knives. It had a broken blade that I re-contoured my self.
Been carrying that one at least 5 years.. That is everyday for 5 years. Even the month I recently spent in the hospital & rehab it was in my pocket.
I will try to get some better photos of it tomorrow & post them.

looks like it could be very light weight without liners, something on the opposite side of the 110.  :tu:
 I'm all for buck designs, but can't get past the weight of (most of) their models.
My daily pick, and pic

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:34:26 PM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1182 on: December 06, 2017, 01:20:21 PM

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1183 on: December 06, 2017, 05:26:16 PM
This is the kit I have determined I utilize most at this time:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1184 on: December 06, 2017, 07:14:59 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

cute but capable! Those Knippex   ::)
My toys:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #1185 on: December 06, 2017, 08:12:06 PM
Here are the picsof the Buck422. As I said the blade may look a little strange because the tip was broken off when I got it. It is very light weight , the Buck name for this series was Bucklite. It coresponds to the Buck 112. The 424 as the mate of the 110.
100_7565.jpg
* 100_7565.jpg (Filesize: 245.33 KB)
100_7567.jpg
* 100_7567.jpg (Filesize: 186.55 KB)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:42:19 PM by Butch »
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1186 on: December 06, 2017, 09:30:15 PM
I had a Kershaw knife of similar design. I broke the tip off that knife--in my younger and more reckless days--and ended up regrinding the tip. Darn if I didn't think the knife worked better after being re-ground and re-sharpened.  :tu:

I have a Buck Ranger (112) now that I really enjoy. Some people think it's a bit heavy for it's size; I think it feels 'solid'. I haven't gotten around to breaking the tip off this one yet.   :whistle:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1187 on: December 06, 2017, 11:27:48 PM

Nice kit FB!  :like: :tu: :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1188 on: December 07, 2017, 12:52:31 PM
Here are the picsof the Buck422. As I said the blade may look a little strange because the tip was broken off when I got it. It is very light weight , the Buck name for this series was Bucklite. It coresponds to the Buck 112. The 424 as the mate of the 110.

I really like how the handle looks like horn/wood in color but it's actually plastic.
Seems very well done

as for resharpening and re-tipping, I've found that soft steel, inexpensive blades gain much performance after some thinning and even then they are still easier to sharpen (less steel BTE) and they won't chip like harder, more expensive steels at those thin angles. WIN WIN   :gimme:

My toys:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #1189 on: December 07, 2017, 01:01:50 PM

I really like how the handle looks like horn/wood in color but it's actually plastic.
Seems very well done

as for resharpening and re-tipping, I've found that soft steel, inexpensive blades gain much performance after some thinning and even then they are still easier to sharpen (less steel BTE) and they won't chip like harder, more expensive steels at those thin angles. WIN WIN   :gimme:

(Image removed from quote.)

It is supposed to be a desert camo look. But looks dont mean much, I have found this to be one tough knife that holds an edge extremely well.
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1190 on: December 07, 2017, 01:55:08 PM
Buck makes a good knife.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1191 on: December 07, 2017, 04:54:32 PM
small evening walk to the Science Museum

My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1192 on: December 07, 2017, 05:50:38 PM

That looks like an interesting place to visit!  :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1193 on: December 07, 2017, 08:54:43 PM

it's full of tourists all day and opened 365 days a year, a very nice place to visit if you like science, technology and are a curious person.
Lots of gadgets ti play with, gizmos with unexpected tricks and good expositions throughout the year. Now we have the most complete T-Rex skeleton to date until February  :ahhh

it even has a metro station with its name to indicate visitors that they've arrived. I live 10 min away from it
My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1194 on: December 07, 2017, 09:25:54 PM

Lots of gadgets ti play with, gizmos with unexpected tricks and good expositions throughout the year. Now we have the most complete T-Rex skeleton to date until February  :ahhh

Sounds wonderfully fun!

Is there a SAK exhibit? You know...in the gizmo area?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1195 on: December 08, 2017, 12:47:17 PM

Sounds wonderfully fun! (Image removed from quote.)

Is there a SAK exhibit? You know...in the gizmo area?

unfortunately not that...yet.   :D
Who knows, maybe I could write a letter to them in that regard...

My toys:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #1196 on: December 08, 2017, 02:45:24 PM

it's full of tourists all day and opened 365 days a year, a very nice place to visit if you like science, technology and are a curious person.

it even has a metro station with its name to indicate visitors that they've arrived. I live 10 min away from it

We have a simular place about 1.5 hours south of where I live. I try to visit every couple of years but my body is getting so old that now it would take 4 or 5 trips to stay on my feet long enough to see it.
They have one exhibit that fascinates me, you whisper into a dish shaped ,antenna, I guess you would call it, and a person about 100 feet away in front of another one can hear you perfectly.

Aint this world grand......... :like: :climber:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:50:52 PM by Butch »
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1197 on: December 09, 2017, 03:31:53 PM
My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1198 on: December 09, 2017, 05:17:02 PM
Nice load-out today, El Peacent.

As you know, I recently got a ST 300. I've been wondering if they should have tried to include scissors in that multitool. I find scissors to be so useful. But...like you... I tend to carry a SAK with scissors in addition to a mutlitool, so maybe Leatherman made a good choice in leaving the scissors out. No one tool is perfect, and probably won't ever be, so we carry tool 'sets', right?

Even Ötzi the iceman carried a few tools like a knife, axe, and crafting implements. 

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #1199 on: December 09, 2017, 05:36:19 PM
Who can resist the Boker Nano? Especially in orange. Sadly this is the non-locking version, which sucks in the sense that it keeps trying to chop my fingers off. Great design, though!
boker orange.jpg
* boker orange.jpg (Filesize: 212.93 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%