Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs + other blades

ThePeacent · 2671 · 92999

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: SAKs + other blades
Reply #1320 on: December 31, 2017, 05:04:14 PM
It's so cool that you have so many Sgian blades, it almost look like you're honouring some European roots in that collection.  :D
I guess they are all hand/custom made?

Yup. They are all Koyote Sgians. I got to collaborate with him on making these. (95% Koyote, 5% Nix) I'm not sure he still makes customs any longer though.... :cry:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #1321 on: January 06, 2018, 03:02:55 PM
Nice, legal carry here as long as you are wearing the national dress (and not waving it around in a nightclub or tescos) Traditionally in entering someones home as a guest you would leave your heavy weapons at the door and reveal your hidden weapons to your host as a mark of respect, tucked into sock so everyone can see it, i had a nice one but lost it many moons ago...besides i don't have the legs to wear a Kilt  :D

Had the Spartan LE with me today so thought i would post the only two numbered LE's i own  :tu:

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #1322 on: January 06, 2018, 04:03:48 PM
Nice, legal carry here as long as you are wearing the national dress (and not waving it around in a nightclub or tescos) Traditionally in entering someones home as a guest you would leave your heavy weapons at the door and reveal your hidden weapons to your host as a mark of respect, tucked into sock so everyone can see it, i had a nice one but lost it many moons ago...besides i don't have the legs to wear a Kilt  :D

Had the Spartan LE with me today so thought i would post the only two numbered LE's i own  :tu:

(Image removed from quote.)

Ediçao Limitada knife too, with good clip point and classy shape!   

:like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1323 on: January 06, 2018, 04:23:19 PM
 :like:

us Offline gene stoner

• No Life Club
Reply #1324 on: January 09, 2018, 07:40:19 PM
Feeling nostalgic today so adding my 70's Colonial.
20180109_101911.jpg
* 20180109_101911.jpg (Filesize: 217.86 KB)
Jeep the SAK of the auto world or is it SAK the Jeep of the Knife world?

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #1325 on: January 26, 2018, 05:15:15 AM

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1326 on: January 26, 2018, 05:56:40 AM
Nice carry!   :like:

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #1327 on: January 26, 2018, 05:59:22 AM
Nice carry!   :like:

Thanks but not mine.  Lol.  These belonged to my grandfather and were handed down to me by my grandmother.  They don't get carried but I took them out for Throwback Thursday.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1328 on: January 26, 2018, 01:31:02 PM
good tools from a wise person that carried them, clown!  :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #1329 on: January 26, 2018, 08:28:04 PM
good tools from a wise person that carried them, clown!  :salute:

Going light today Peacent?  ;) Nice carry!

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1330 on: January 30, 2018, 02:24:48 PM
Spirit gets paired up with the Douk-Douk today.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1331 on: January 31, 2018, 04:26:45 PM
Starting a 111mm challenge tomorrow, but for today......

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #1332 on: January 31, 2018, 05:49:56 PM
Starting a 111mm challenge tomorrow, but for today......

Drool!
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!

us Offline TennTexan

• Carpe omnia cultris
Reply #1334 on: January 31, 2018, 06:58:10 PM
Kershaw Launch 1 + custom Super Tinker by Syph007.  I like to pair my SAK with a small/med folder like this or a Spyderco Delica.
(\(\                                                                                ⁁ -----,__
( -.-)  o˫▄▄═ ‑‑‑-----------------------------------     _____⁁[_____}═══════
0(")(")    /|\                                                       /_____________\
"""""""""""""""""""I                                                ',(o)(o)(o)(o)(o),'

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1335 on: January 31, 2018, 08:24:41 PM
Delica is a great blade to pair with a SAK.  :tu:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #1336 on: January 31, 2018, 09:19:34 PM
New beautiful Boker Haddock makes my Wenger Evowood look a bit dull...
HaddockWenger.jpg
* HaddockWenger.jpg (Filesize: 176.35 KB)

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1337 on: January 31, 2018, 09:21:18 PM
Wow!   :o

That Boker has some rock 'n roll right there. Sweet.

But a SAK with wood scales always melts my heart.   :tu:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #1338 on: January 31, 2018, 09:31:27 PM
The cool thing about it is it's legal in most of Europe cos it's not a one-hand opening blade... but you can open it one handed cos the concave shape of the blade gives you just enough purchase to thumb it open. Don't even need the nail nick.
It's super-pretty and easily the most expensive knife I've bought for EDC use. (I have some Damascus Pioneers etc but they are in buried in a cupboard, waiting for the day they're worth half a bitcoin.)
Blade is a fingerprint magnet. But it goes like a laser through apples and cuts tomatoes to molecular thinness!
haddock.jpg
* haddock.jpg (Filesize: 102.08 KB)

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1339 on: January 31, 2018, 09:46:33 PM
The cool thing about it is it's legal in most of Europe cos it's not a one-hand opening blade... but you can open it one handed cos the concave shape of the blade gives you just enough purchase to thumb it open. Don't even need the nail nick.
It's super-pretty and easily the most expensive knife I've bought for EDC use. (I have some Damascus Pioneers etc but they are in buried in a cupboard, waiting for the day they're worth half a bitcoin.)
Blade is a fingerprint magnet. But it goes like a laser through apples and cuts tomatoes to molecular thinness!

That's all good from where I sit.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1340 on: February 01, 2018, 02:15:41 PM
yes looks like a very gentlemanly EDC folder  :salute:
My toys:

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #1341 on: February 02, 2018, 06:56:22 AM

I'd assume it's illegal in most of Europe due to the lock?
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1342 on: February 02, 2018, 07:37:28 AM

I'd assume it's illegal in most of Europe due to the lock?
Locks aren't illegal everywhere in Europe.
As long as it's not locking AND OHO.

Even that is allowed in some countries but only uppon valid reason.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1343 on: February 02, 2018, 01:03:44 PM
time to bring it all together

these blades are the prettiest of my collection in their own respective categories, OHO folder, non-OHO folder, SAK

I can barely make me carry them without stopping to check the reflection in the mirror... :D

My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1344 on: February 02, 2018, 04:55:17 PM
 :like:  :like:  :like:

Nice looking pairing, 'though I say so myself.  :whistle:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1345 on: February 02, 2018, 05:23:59 PM
I have found that the 110 can be easily opened with one hand, with some care.

Some old timers were able to work the action of their 110's to be able to flick the 110 open, I've never seen that and I'm not sure I'd want to change the tolerances and make the blade sloppy. I prefer to use the pinch-grip, maybe similar to Thunderpants' technique for getting that sweet Boker deployed.

With thumb and forefinger, I pinch the blade as low as I can below the nail-nick. Then as I roll the pinch down, the blade is lifted up a bit. After that, the middle and ring fingers can press the handle down and open.

The blade ends up fairly far back in the hand, but can be slid forward (with care!) and into a useful grip.

I've done this often enough with 110's and 112's to make the procedure fairly thought-free and fluid. Now that I think about it, I think open a 110 or Ranger this way more often than I do using two-hands. Give it a try, but do be careful--those things are sharp!   

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1346 on: February 02, 2018, 07:21:05 PM
I have seen that a few times on the net before.
It also applies to Spydercos, called the "Spyderdop", where you pinch the blade in between the thumb and index just over the hole, you pull the knife out and make a small dropping of the wrist so that it opens and locks  ;)

Might try it out, but not with your gifted 110, so beautiful to risk throwing it across the air and bang, ding, scratch or break the knife and scales!  :ahhh
also pointless after having so many OHO folders!!
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1347 on: February 04, 2018, 04:57:34 PM
small and medium fixed blades,
and a Pioneer,
all having fun together
  :D
My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #1348 on: February 04, 2018, 04:59:36 PM
Nice!

I'm back in another challenge (111mm) and so am back to one knife for the month ahead.....***sigh***  :facepalm:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #1349 on: February 04, 2018, 05:01:22 PM
I think you can cheat and nobody will notice...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%