Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

X Anniversary Giveaway!!!

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Re: X Anniversary Giveaway!!!
Reply #120 on: July 25, 2016, 08:20:53 AM
I can see them. But it might be because I'm logged into my google account.

Anyone linking to Google photos?
the way google photos permissions and linking work sadly it does not embed well/easily in forums anymore... not a whole lot I can suggest.

for me, opening an image in google photos, and then right clicking, open in new tab, copy that url and put it inside the
Code: [Select]
[img] [/img] tags works.
(Image removed from quote.)

=

Code: [Select]
[img]
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Pkt6wa9zXcDRDM6W12Ak1yVM7egjrKDs9ZwThZLqBO8Mkf788yV8bhP3CVGJrJfiUE0WzjC-HowSaeYM64WluWjkunML3riGqI9Dgd2CGeSMZKUXXhBu_cpixhkoawKYFRJqC-VRnhFjb7k6w4TMyxsJVvV7x-q6RLsoKu7P1YNcsb0LEbImP8nYqeNB3yWCPPBGIopi7A8B6_HE73L72ZTocXRqFZPweTOC1T1V5qGslE3_7zQ7O-qhFrVqhjBeGR4AscKvTrgAGPHutIS5_y51Z3jw9n3BwVpvk_UoaNt0tGwxECXoMU-BgzV3fPaRG327h1XDqYaj770gkyiUbwViTYHA-o3TYSysEk6BLzPMZrHQrZfN_cYkNusw2EXjDWVDxxpS_mMy5h88Qw7B0g4O8AYqk3cLz3v1-FxolewsyuUp77E-dcDBEDHqsO8PhPVoD_SsJEfHX-KV_76pI0lj03a4hGwaHSPK0IqE4DdOURyLbqtFyoISp-uMhUYkhfEDVvNhu-wcyg7pVzaEd1AQ2QhLL9Yj1TmF2ccl7YD6lV8us3lQ2TDytJMonNGOK5OxhGYzpnQv4-XDiZk2_QuMshUiECQA=w852-h914-no
[/img]

Oh and I think you have to share the image in google photos, not sure if it works without (use the share by url).

Thanks for the tips, Whoey  :cheers:

Ok, sorry to hijack the thread with all this, but I want to sort it out.

I was right clicking on the photo and choosing "Copy Image Address", which should be the same URL as the one chosen when you open in a new Tab.
Only difference is, it wasn't in a shared album.

This one is

And this one I removed the s from https://

Please let me know which if any are visible  :tu:
What are you taking pictures with? If it's your phone (as would allot id think, convenience and quality of the smartphone camera now and all) you can just click add photo, and select the photo from your camera roll. Really simple, wxcept for the fact that you would need to resize first unfortunately... Is this the preferred message for most? I appreciate the simplicity of actually not having to now use a hosting site.
Hope that helps.
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #121 on: July 25, 2016, 08:42:36 AM
Thanks for the tips, Whoey  :cheers:

Ok, sorry to hijack the thread with all this, but I want to sort it out.

Please let me know which if any are visible  :tu:

Whoey the helpful.   :tu:   Don't worry about the hijack.   :tu:   I can see both pics.   :tu:

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #122 on: July 25, 2016, 01:29:09 PM
I see both.

Back in the olden Picasa days there were somewhat more obvious urls for sharing photos. Sadly even though a lot of things have improved with the change to Google Photos, some things really are worse. This seems to be the standard for Google... just once you start enjoying a plethora of features they update/upgrade and remove most of what you actually were using.  :facepalm: I miss having Picasa in my linux setup, but it's easy enough to just use Chrome with Google photos.

Still, given that these days Google Photos offers unlimited photo storage where if your original is set higher than 16MP it will automatically downsize if you have it set to "high quality" storage instead of "original quality" which is limited to your google account storage max. Some info about that here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/free-unlimited-photo-storage-more-google-photos/
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #123 on: July 25, 2016, 02:37:45 PM
 :cheers: TJ

And big thanks to LM
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%