Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Chrono-logy of a Mad Man's Glory Quest - Entry #4 - Time Lord Level 3

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Here is my humble watch collection for a Time Lord badge quest. Nothing fancy, just a watch here and there I bought at different stages in life. From left to right:
- Seiko SNA613: my first Seiko, bought during college year. This is more of a bracelet type, as the trap does not lay flat. Very unique alien-ish trap  and bezel design.

- Seiko 5M62-0BT0: my first Seiko kinetic watch. Simply and clean white face. The battery does not hold charge well though.

- Seiko SRG001: my most "expensive" kinetic one to date for a sum of $270 at BJ's. Beautiful piece, hold charge very well. The battery can be charged by turning the crown, hence "direct drive". This is my everyday watch nowadays, alternating with the G-sock (#5)

- Casio WL-100: this one has a special place in my heart. It was my watch during my high school year, also the last watch I brought with me when immigrating to the US. Like all old-school Casio that get worn daily in all weather condition, the resin bands eventually got hardened and cracked. I just changed its battery and bands last year after 14 years of sitting idle (the battery had been out as long). The only regret is, I could not find the exact band style for it.

- Casio G-2500: my first G-Shock, bought over 10 years ago at JC Penney. All paints are not lost. I kind of like its all black appearance now.

- Casio GA-150A-2ACR: true to be told, this one is brand new. An impulse buy for its metallic blue color. I cannot see myself wear it. I probably will pass it to a relative, who is in the army.

- Casio PAW1300-1V: first Pathfinder. I like its big face yet simple style.

Do not mind about the time not in sync. LOL.

I also have this big-ass Invicta 4842 Reserve 1959 Russian Diver. Another impulse purchase at Costco for less than $100. I am not into big and thick watches, but I do like the color scheme, the mechanical look in this watch. Quite a tone-down from the in-your-face Invicta watches are known for. Heavy and a PITA to change the battery. Did I say it is Swiss-made?  ::). Picture from the internet, not mine.

Last one is the Victorinox 241681 Maverick. Still in box  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:55:58 PM by chrono »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Nice selection chrono, badge awarded.   :tu:   :tu:

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Nice selection chrono, badge awarded.   :tu:   :tu:
Thanks, Z-man  :cheers:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
I love that Invicta- if you ever feel like moving it on, let me know!  That is a sweet looking watch!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Nice watches and pics of them :dd:

:cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86