Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mora Club

Grathr · 1879 · 69021

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Re: Mora Club
Reply #870 on: August 08, 2017, 09:05:49 AM
 :salute: The Q&A........like Mora even more after that.  :tu:

Just one thing.......where do that many knives go each year?  :ahhh

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #871 on: August 13, 2017, 10:29:29 AM
This sucks. I have issues cutting with an Opinel No.8, so can't even start using that Mystery Mora
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

no Offline Grathr

Reply #872 on: August 13, 2017, 11:18:33 AM
This sucks. I have issues cutting with an Opinel No.8, so can't even start using that Mystery Mora

?
Have you injured your hand?
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

hr Offline styx

Reply #873 on: August 13, 2017, 05:22:16 PM

?

A bit over a week ago. I was carrying a washing machine, it slipped and my right hand got cut across the fingers. 3 stitches on the pointer finger. Should be taking them out this friday (finally)

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

no Offline Grathr

Reply #874 on: August 13, 2017, 07:27:09 PM

?

A bit over a week ago. I was carrying a washing machine, it slipped and my right hand got cut across the fingers. 3 stitches on the pointer finger. Should be taking them out this friday (finally)

Ouch!
I hope it heals fast!
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

hr Offline styx

Reply #875 on: August 13, 2017, 08:02:28 PM

?

Ouch!
I hope it heals fast!

i wanted to chew off those stitches yesterday. it was just a little blood

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #876 on: August 20, 2017, 06:21:31 PM
I wish I could track some down but my favourite Mora's would have to be the Frosts Mora 740, 760 or 780 in black or green  :tu:

They just don't seem to exist anymore  :think:
760.jpg
* 760.jpg (Filesize: 79.45 KB)
780.jpg
* 780.jpg (Filesize: 12.34 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #877 on: August 20, 2017, 09:18:50 PM
I wish I could track some down but my favourite Mora's would have to be the Frosts Mora 740, 760 or 780 in black or green  :tu:

They just don't seem to exist anymore  :think:

It's a shame mate as I sent a 740 to Dave Canterbury a while back in a trade ,it was mint  :-[

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #878 on: August 20, 2017, 09:57:35 PM
It's a shame mate as I sent a 740 to Dave Canterbury a while back in a trade ,it was mint  :-[

:ahhh

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #879 on: August 20, 2017, 10:04:41 PM

:ahhh

If I see another I'll grab it for you mate;there a comfy knife in the hand ,I've got a older Eriksson 546  :D
2017-08-20 21.04.10.jpg
* 2017-08-20 21.04.10.jpg (Filesize: 236.93 KB)

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #880 on: August 20, 2017, 11:07:11 PM
If I see another I'll grab it for you mate;there a comfy knife in the hand.

Thank you. :tu:
I found it to be the most comfortable of the Mora's.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #881 on: August 21, 2017, 10:35:31 AM

Have you tried the 746 as that's very comfy to use  :tu:
20161114_100929.jpg
* 20161114_100929.jpg (Filesize: 462.25 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #882 on: August 21, 2017, 08:33:08 PM

Not quite so long discontinued is the Mora Viking (660/640), very similar grip shape to the old 740.  Might be slightly easier to find. :shrug:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #883 on: August 22, 2017, 10:35:40 PM
Not quite so long discontinued is the Mora Viking (660/640), very similar grip shape to the old 740.  Might be slightly easier to find. :shrug:

Would you believe I've found many Viking 660's for sale in Eastern Europe & Russia!
There's a perfect one for me for sale in Poland (Olive green & black) but it doesn't look like they ship international :ahhh

* 660.jpg (Filesize: 5.04 KB)

hr Offline styx

Reply #884 on: August 22, 2017, 10:47:38 PM
why do I already have a few Slavic jokes in mind?

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #885 on: August 24, 2017, 01:21:09 AM
 :cheers:
DSCN2677.JPG
* DSCN2677.JPG (Filesize: 273.5 KB)
Send In the spartans

hr Offline styx

Reply #886 on: August 24, 2017, 09:10:41 AM
pretty

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #887 on: August 24, 2017, 11:19:23 PM
I give up!

I've just spent 3 days looking at the websites of every company in Europe trying to buy an Olive or Black Mora Viking 660 & a Black Mora Scout 440.

Almost every one I found with them in stock would not ship international, some of them nearly burnt out my google translate trying to follow the instructions for the ones that would.  :poh:

I actually found a black Mora Scout 440 for sale in New Zealand for £16.49 + £24.81 shipping :ahhh
http://www.top-gear.co.nz/shop/KNIVES+AND+MULTITOOLS/HUNTING+KNIVES/Mora+Scout+Knife+Stainless+Steel+-+440.html
b0d5cb0d94ef8fdd104dd3dcaee77032.jpeg
* b0d5cb0d94ef8fdd104dd3dcaee77032.jpeg (Filesize: 184.42 KB)
mora-knife-scout-440-nero.jpg
* mora-knife-scout-440-nero.jpg (Filesize: 69.58 KB)

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #888 on: August 25, 2017, 12:26:54 AM
Send In the spartans

hr Offline styx

Reply #889 on: August 25, 2017, 12:14:43 PM
I give up!

I've just spent 3 days looking at the websites of every company in Europe trying to buy an Olive or Black Mora Viking 660 & a Black Mora Scout 440.

Almost every one I found with them in stock would not ship international, some of them nearly burnt out my google translate trying to follow the instructions for the ones that would.  :poh:

I actually found a black Mora Scout 440 for sale in New Zealand for £16.49 + £24.81 shipping :ahhh
http://www.top-gear.co.nz/shop/KNIVES+AND+MULTITOOLS/HUNTING+KNIVES/Mora+Scout+Knife+Stainless+Steel+-+440.html

The shops that won't ship internationally outright refuse that or just don't offer that option? If they don't offer the option, you could send them an inquiry if they would ship and how much it would cost

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #890 on: August 25, 2017, 12:51:50 PM
The shops that won't ship internationally outright refuse that or just don't offer that option? If they don't offer the option, you could send them an inquiry if they would ship and how much it would cost

Some of them state in their websites that they don't ship outside their own Country.
Others just don't offer the option.
Usually, in the checkout, the address section has no option to add another Country, also, no mention of different shipping rates.

As you say, it could be worth a try to contact them to enquire.
I must admit to be struggling to follow some of the payment options via bank transfer systems or "blue media".

I've actually found one in Poland that will take PayPal.
"PayPal If you want to pay by PayPal, select the payment method: "Any transfer" and make payment manually from your PayPal account to the store address:  As the title of payment, enter the order number, which you will receive from us by e-mail. Please tell us in the "Notes Orders" you pay via Paypal."

Things are looking up. :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #891 on: August 25, 2017, 01:03:15 PM
more Mora, please.   :like: those little cheap buggers

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

hr Offline styx

Reply #892 on: August 25, 2017, 01:29:24 PM

Some of them state in their websites that they don't ship outside their own Country.
Others just don't offer the option.
Usually, in the checkout, the address section has no option to add another Country, also, no mention of different shipping rates.

As you say, it could be worth a try to contact them to enquire.
I must admit to be struggling to follow some of the payment options via bank transfer systems or "blue media".

I've actually found one in Poland that will take PayPal.
"PayPal If you want to pay by PayPal, select the payment method: "Any transfer" and make payment manually from your PayPal account to the store address:  As the title of payment, enter the order number, which you will receive from us by e-mail. Please tell us in the "Notes Orders" you pay via Paypal."

Things are looking up. :tu:

great news

more Mora, please.   :like: those little cheap buggers

(Image removed from quote.)

oh yea. only where is a CS for today?

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #893 on: August 25, 2017, 06:01:18 PM
I give up!

I'll take a side-by-side if you like (and if I can find them both at the same time), but it should be noted that the Scout and the Viking aren't quite the same size, with the Scout being a more slender knife in all dimensions.

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #894 on: August 25, 2017, 06:05:34 PM
Well I finally managed to order a Black Mora Scout 440 from Slovakia for 26.50 Euro.

I've been spoiled in recent years being able to use PayPal, most shops in Europe that ship internationaly asked for an IBAN payment.
That involved my laptop overloading.

I had the shops website on, my email account, my online bank & google translate. :poh:

Only snag is the bank reckon on 4 days for the money to show in the sellers bank account, that will be even longer probably with doing this late on a Friday evening.
My bank also charged me £5 for the service :ahhh

hr Offline styx

Reply #895 on: August 25, 2017, 07:33:21 PM
that is a really nice looking knife. just hope you get it soon for all that trouble

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #896 on: August 25, 2017, 07:53:20 PM
Well I finally managed to order a Black Mora Scout 440 from Slovakia for 26.50 Euro.

I've been spoiled in recent years being able to use PayPal, most shops in Europe that ship internationaly asked for an IBAN payment.
That involved my laptop overloading.

I had the shops website on, my email account, my online bank & google translate. :poh:

Only snag is the bank reckon on 4 days for the money to show in the sellers bank account, that will be even longer probably with doing this late on a Friday evening.
My bank also charged me £5 for the service :ahhh

I think you'll find it worth it, the Scout is one of the more unique and little known knives they've done.  Mine has seen me though a few camping and paddling trips and hasn't stumbled yet.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #897 on: August 25, 2017, 07:58:36 PM
I knew I'd taken a side-by-side shot before, it's just that it wasn't in this thread. :doh:

hr Offline styx

Reply #898 on: August 25, 2017, 08:07:02 PM
Looks like CS Survival edge took a bit of inspiration from these. Maybe it is just me

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #899 on: August 25, 2017, 08:47:53 PM
I knew I'd taken a side-by-side shot before, it's just that it wasn't in this thread. :doh:

Thanks for that shot Gareth. :cheers:

That's the Scout ordered from Slovakia.
My next task is the Viking. I've found a nice olive green & black one for sale in Romania for a good price.
I'm just trying to work my way through their website to see if they ship internationaly.

I've sent off loads of enquiries lately but had replies such as this one;

"Dear Sir,
I am sorry, but we are unable to deliver the products to the UK. We sell
goods only in Poland.(Insert here most other European Countries also).
Have a nice day
Best Regards,"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44