Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Contender 3- Outdoor EDC Portable Pocket Multi Tool Keyring Bottle Opener Wrench 707

Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 57,622 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Contender 3- Outdoor EDC Portable Pocket Multi Tool Keyring Bottle Opener Wrench
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:17:52 PM »
Contender #3 is an interesting model- I may have to test it last, as I am not certain I will have any fingers left after I do!

Here's what the seller has to say about it:

Features:
100% Brand New & High Quality
humorous outlook, exquisite workmanship, multi-function
material: 3CR13 stainless steel
Size: 9*2.7*0.25cm / 3.54*1.06*0.1"
Color: black

Included in the Package:

> 1 x EDC Tool

There's a couple of things to note in there:

1- The steel used is 3CR13, which I am a bit surprised at.  I can't say as I am familiar with this particular steel, but I assumed it was going to be some variation of 440, 430 or 420 as many are. 

2- No sheath listed, which seems a bit dangerous since the wrench use is likely to end in bloody fingers.

3- I'm not sure what this means:

I wonder if this means that even the seller considers this one a joke?   :rofl:

The amusing description sadly will probably buy this one points in the end, and it needs it.  It is actually the cheapest tool at $1.89, but with $1.99 shipping for a total of $3.88. 

I'm not expecting much from this tool as I'm not overly fond of exposed cutting surfaces on tools because, well, it often results in getting cut and I don't like that.  Still, I'm looking forward to it arriving- at least if I'm bleeding profusely I can use it to open a beer while waiting for the ambulance.

Def

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY!
No Life Club Posts: 3,010
Re: Contender 3- Outdoor EDC Portable Pocket Multi Tool Keyring Bottle Opener Wrench
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:48:35 PM »
3Cr13, when 420HC is too high-end. ;)
Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 57,622 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Contender 3- Outdoor EDC Portable Pocket Multi Tool Keyring Bottle Opener Wrench
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 05:12:45 PM »
That good huh?   :facepalm:

I guess it's probably a good thing that the edge is for decorative purposes only...

Def

No Life Club Posts: 3,010
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 08:17:23 PM »
I guess it's a feature, not a bug.  :D
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 11:21:02 PM »
Funny, I use a totally different word when describing designs like this, which, coincidentally also starts with the letter F....

Def

Sr. Member Posts: 488
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 11:24:15 PM »
 :nothingtoadd:

This thread really made me laugh :D

Geeez, MTO and alcohol do not mix  :D :D  :drink: :drink:
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 11:51:49 PM »
Then why does every SAK have a corkscrew and every tool has a bottle opener?

I swear, I think many of the so called "designers" have used the bottle openers and cork screws a few too many times before coming up with some of these designs.

Def

No Life Club Posts: 4,127
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 10:46:44 PM »
That could be a little cheap beater neck knife if it had a sheath that protects your fingers when using the wrench part. At very least something to open a cider with and use as a scraper or something
No Life Club Posts: 4,371 Is there a cure for multitool separation anxiety?
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 11:37:59 PM »
Contender #3 is an interesting model- I may have to test it last, as I am not certain I will have any fingers left after I do!

(Image removed from quote.)

Here's what the seller has to say about it:

Features:
material: 3CR13 stainless steel
Size: 9*2.7*0.25cm / 3.54*1.06*0.1"
Color: black

Included in the Package:

> 1 x EDC Tool

There's a couple of things to note in there:

1- The steel used is 3CR13, which I am a bit surprised at.  I can't say as I am familiar with this particular steel, but I assumed it was going to be some variation of 440, 430 or 420 as many are. 

2- No sheath listed, which seems a bit dangerous since the wrench use is likely to end in bloody fingers.

3- I'm not sure what this means:

I wonder if this means that even the seller considers this one a joke?   :rofl:

The amusing description sadly will probably buy this one points in the end, and it needs it.  It is actually the cheapest tool at $1.89, but with $1.99 shipping for a total of $3.88. 

I'm not expecting much from this tool as I'm not overly fond of exposed cutting surfaces on tools because, well, it often results in getting cut and I don't like that.  Still, I'm looking forward to it arriving- at least if I'm bleeding profusely I can use it to open a beer while waiting for the ambulance.

Def

Might I suggest these sire? [Alfred impersonation]

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 12:30:49 AM »
Yes, I have given chain maille gloves a lot of thought when testing these kinds of things over the years....

Def

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
October Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: $134.40
PayPal Fees: $8.51
Net Balance: $125.89
Below Goal: $149.11
Site Currency: USD
46% 
October Donations

Community Links