Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sault Ste Marie First Annual Poker Run.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Sault Ste Marie First Annual Poker Run.
on: August 10, 2016, 01:52:13 AM
Last weekend brought an event that we have never seen around these parts. Being the first of its kind, the organizers only brought in 20 boats to test the waters. Judging from what I saw, I think there just might be a second and bigger event next year. I know the organizers are hoping to bring in around a hundred craft as their goal line if this takes off.

This was a 3 day event. Friday was a meet and greet with the boats and their crew. I of course was sick as a dog and couldn't make it. I did recover enough to get out a little on Saturday, which was the poker run event. Sunday brought a pay 100 bucks to ride in one of these fast boats. I had no interest in the later, but did take a few photos of the run itself.

On Saturday, I attempted to get out to the start and finish line, but that was so packed with people, there was noway I could have gotten in there. I knew the race started at 10:30, and was to make a stop at Richards Landing, Hilton Beach, Drummond Island, and Thessalon, with a final leg back to the Sault. I decided to drive to Richards Landing which is on St. Joseph Island. As luck would have it, I got there in time to see a few boats pick up their sealed envelopes.

I have no clue who won...as these poker runes are not about speed but the luck of the hand. I did get to see some expensive and highly motivated speed boats. The rumble of some of those engines, you feel in your chest.

Time for the photos.

There was a good crowd all over the shoreline, and that didn't change at Richards Landing either.

I wished I could have seen more of it, but my health got in the way somewhat. Still got a few pictures though.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:53:51 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline JP

Re: Sault Ste Marie First Annual Poker Run.
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 01:59:11 AM
Great pictures. That looks like a good activity to spend my forth coming lottery winnings on.

Lotto Max is $60 million this week.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Sault Ste Marie First Annual Poker Run.
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 02:04:07 AM
You would definitely need a few million to play.  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62