Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Blazeray light- any good?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Blazeray light- any good?
on: August 10, 2016, 09:57:00 PM
I saw this one advertised here on the forum and I was wondering if it's any good?  It seems to have some mediocre specs and some lofty claims and I am wondering if I am missing something?

http://blazerayflashlight.com/

It claims:

This is the brightest, best flashlight you can buy on the market right now

Then a few paragraphs down it says that it is powered by an 800 lumen LED light bulb.  Isn't that a little bit less than the "brightest" light out there?  I mean, I'm no flashlight junkie, but even I have a flashlight that puts out 3500 lumens.

Or am I missing something?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Re: Blazeray light- any good?
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 10:38:28 PM
Lots of variation on this type of light, with different brightness levels, modes etc.

They are ok when you are paying a couple of $, but I've seen some sellers making bold claims about the light and trying to sell it for lots of $. I've seen some ads claim it is going to be banned as a weapon, it's used by the SEAL's etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Buyhappy-Flashlight-Lumens-Torch-BATTERY/dp/B00HPL0188/ref=sr_1_10?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1470861438&sr=1-10&keywords=mini+300+lumen+torch

If anyone is thinking the light looks familiar, the design is based on the old Nitecore Extreme Infinity .
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:55:50 PM by Millhouse »
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 12:58:05 AM
I looked at it on Amazon too- regular price is $145, but it's on sale for $39.99.   :facepalm:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline David Quevedo

Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 04:30:03 AM
Looks pretty much like a Sipik SK68 clone. There are quite a few of them around, and they're just not worth the money, unless you're paying just a few bucks for one.   They're fine for thrasher lights, but not much more.

Here is my SK68.  It's the cheapest light I own.  I think I only paid about 8 bucks for mine.  It runs on a 14500 battery, or a regular AA (but with dismal output).  There is nothing special about this light, and I certainly would not consider it a light I would depend on to save my life, by any stretch of the imagination. I bought it just for novelty's sake, and the novelty of the zooming feature wore off, very quickly, once I started buying higher quality lights that were pre-focused, with a much nicer beam, tint, user interface, build quality....well...everything lol.

Zooming flashlights, in general, are not capable of being fully waterproof, because of the design of the zooming feature.  They're very much like the old Maglites (only they seem to focus more solidly), and are water/splash resistant, at best.

The person who wrote all this crap has no clue about flashlights.  There is NO SUCH thing as an "LED Bulb" in a flashlight.  It's either an LED, or an incandescent bulb.  Some flashlights actually have both, but not this one. 

That light probably puts out a few hundred lumens, at best. 

Don't trust a word they claim in that ad, and don't waste your money. There are plenty of far better, similarly priced lights out there, that actually perform as they claim.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 04:32:51 AM by David Quevedo »

us Offline metasyntax

Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 04:36:07 AM
The person who wrote all this crap has no clue about flashlights.  There is NO SUCH thing as an "LED Bulb" in a flashlight.  It's either an LED, or an incandescent bulb.  Some flashlights actually have both, but not this one. 
I was about to say, I wouldn't trust any light whose info says "LED light bulb." Simple as that. :)
May it be as the Pattern has chosen.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 12:55:49 PM
That's all what I figured.  I wasn't planning to waste actual mone on one, I just thought maybe I was missing something.

Def

Offline Rick Powell

• New User
Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 12:10:30 PM
 :rant: :twak: I recently received my blazeray and lays Ray Minis. Do not, I repeat do not purchase these pieces of smurf. I have a 270 Lumen flashlight that twice as bright as these. I repeat do not buy these pieces of smurf. They seem to be made well, but they're not bright at all. If you're looking for bright flashlight do not, do not buy this one.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%