Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Contender 5- 20 in 1 Multi-Tools Metal Black Stainless Pocket Tool Keychain

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
I don't have hair long enough to properly review them and Megan doesn't want them anywhere near her hair, so I haven't really spent a lot of time talking about them.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
I attached this tool to my keyring and tried to EDC it. However, I quickly found out that the bare file is terrible on brass keys, key-fobs, etc. So back in the drawer it goes.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
I found much the same thing. If you think it's bad on a keyring, wait til you see what it does to a nylon strap.   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
I can only imagine. I would never just snap this baby on a pant belt loop with the file pant side down. I had to clean the tool from the brass residue that file accumulated. This sucker would eat trough your pants in no time flat I reckon.  :rofl:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Since this is a family friendly forum I'm going to avoid posting the analogy I was thinking of...."this thing eats through pants like a.... "

:facepalm:

Other than that though, this is perhaps the best of the $5 Challenge tools.

Also, the field has been thinned out as the last couple of tools have yet to arrive.

Def

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Sorry to hear that...here is hoping you get all that you ordered.

If it wasn't for that naked file, this tool could be something I wouldn't mind carrying around on my key chain. I do understand the real deal comes with a small sheath. I guess I could always make something similar from some scrap leather.  :think:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
I don't doubt for a moment that these are the "real deal" except that I think these are being distributed from another source.  I would imagine that these are a certain number provided by the manufacturer legitimately to True Utility and some overflow is manufactured and distributed through other means like eBay.  Chances are, once True Utility takes delivery of them, they then add the sheaths from another supplier and package them up and price them up accordingly.

This is the difficulty in contracting development from an outside company, especially one in Asia.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%