Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Contender 6- CHIC Outdoor Survival Stainless Steel Multi Tool Plier Portable Com

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Contender 6 is the tool listed as "CHIC Outdoor Survival Stainless Steel Multi Tool Plier Portable Compact Fashion," and while I cannot comment on how Chic or fashionable it is, but it is the first and only plier based tool to make it into either of my challenges, the Fantastic Five Dollar Challenge or the Great Two Dollar Challenge.  Mercury managed to get two different Squirt models for his Terrific $20 Challenge, but you have to expect that you can get more for a mere four times the price!

Unfortunately the photo above is the only photo I have to go on for this one, so other than the file, I really don't know what to expect from this one.  And, judging by the nail hook on the end of the file, I am assuming this one will be a keychain sized tool like the Squirts.

According to the listing:

Material: Tool Steel
Color: Random(You may receive the same color or the colors different from the picture)
Size: Expand long after: 10.5cm
After open width (adjustable): 6.5-9.5cm
High: 1cm
Quantity: 1 x Multi tool plier
New and high quality.
Portable design, convenient to use.
This multi tool plier is customized for outdoor exercises enthusiasts.
The multi tool plier is a necessity for home life, travel, and go out for camping.
9 functions includes plier, bottle opener, serrated knife blade, knife, flathead screwdriver, small knife, drill, nail file, cross screwdriver.
Note:
1. Some pics look like larger size,please notice the exact items size.
2. Please keep in mind that due to lighting effects, the monitor's brightness and contrast settings, the color of the products could be some slight different between our photos and the actual item you receive.
3. We appreciate your understanding

Assuming the measurements are a bit more accurate than some of the others  ::), the description supports the keychain plier theory, but in reality we will only know for 100% certainty when it arrives.  All in all, this tool cost a whopping $3.78 and free shipping, which puts it about average price in the current crop of contenders, and I'm pretty sure it will have the best pliers of the group.  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Thinking the color is not the only random thing there ::)

Stocking up popcorn :popcorn:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
That sure looks like it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline GNandGS

Under "traveler" brand I can find an almost exact duplicate if not the exact tool.  The one I have is not the same design but I would bet is sourced from the same place or with same tooling as the pliers are so similar.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,64622.msg1225847.html#msg1225847

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
I have one very similar to your Traveler tool.  If I can locate it by the time the Chic comes in I will compare the two of them and see if they are similar enough to have come from the same place.

The last few tools must be coming from the further reaches of China, as there's absolutely no sign of them yet.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%