Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

G-Shock date format

Kev D · 5 · 14028

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
G-Shock date format
on: August 18, 2016, 12:33:09 PM
Having just ordered a g-shock G-9300-1(mudman) I downloaded the manual to have a read up before it arrives. I can't see anywhere in the manual where you can change the date format from mm/dd to dd/mm like we have it over here.

Is it possible to change the format or am I stuck with mm/dd?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: G-Shock date format
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 12:49:32 PM
That's probably my only gripe with G-Shocks. :( On almost all the models that's not an option. As far as I can tell only the G-7800 models had that. :-\

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 01:34:05 PM
That's why I prefer having the year visible. The Casio I wear right now shows "YYYY M-D", which is almost ISO-8601, and I can live with that. :)

(I'm one of those who really, really want us to ditch that endless sea of obsolete date formats and move on to ISO. (Yes, I work as a programmer. (Yes, I really dislike any mixed endian format. Either (year, month, day) or (day, month, year), not some arbitrary mix for historical reasons. And I really prefer year first, which of course is not the most common where I live.)))</rant> ;)

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 02:07:10 PM
That's why I prefer having the year visible. The Casio I wear right now shows "YYYY M-D", which is almost ISO-8601, and I can live with that. :)

Is that a g-shock? I'm guessing not

I've had a search of other forums and it looks like it isn't possible. Oh well, if that's the only thing I can live with that, not that I have much choice it seems seeing as I already bought it.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69