Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Box in a cop

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Box in a cop
on: December 18, 2016, 03:17:41 AM
So I was driving on a highway in Maryland back to Pennsylvania yesterday, when seeing a state police car suddenly get onto traffic from the median. It quickly approached a sedan on the left lane, basically tailgated the car without pulling it over for a good while. Speed limit was 65 mph, with +5 mph allowance. As usual, all vehicles around the cop car started to "behave". I too kept on checking to make sure the cruise control around 65-67.

The sedan probably felt the cop car was messing around, so it merged right. So did the cop car without turning on the siren. I was on the right lane for a while as well, right behind the cop. Speed was within 60-65 mph. A pick-up truck was brave enough to start passing the cop car on the left side. I was thinking, "what bad thing can happen if I pass a cop car at posted speed limit?", so I too merge left to follow the pick-up truck.

As us 4 vehicles were at about the same speed, the cop car was boxed in on the right lane. The moment I was side by side with it, the siren turned on. I was like, "smurf, which one among us three?". The sedan moved to stop on the shoulder, so did the cop. I breathed a sigh of relief and was on my merry way home.

Thinking about it, I do not know if the cop had it enough when being boxed in, but it was a few mile stretch from start to stop. Lesson learnt: cops are also human, who can be jerks sometimes just as we are.  :D

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Box in a cop
Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 03:28:56 AM
He may have been running a check on the license plate.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Re: Box in a cop
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 04:52:43 AM
He may have been running a check on the license plate.

Maybe. I meant to share a story, not to encourage people to go out and mess with cops  :P Been there, done that, always on the losers' end  :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD
47%