Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do we have on the way - non tool edition

Kev D · 76 · 2887

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: What do we have on the way - non tool edition
Reply #30 on: August 26, 2016, 09:42:14 AM
Congrats JD!

I've ordered a spinning base for my spinning top. Turns out my desk isn't that level so the top just shoots to the end and hits the telephone every time, lol.

Problem is, that I somehow thought that adding a Ti top so I qualified for free shipping was a good idea  :facepalm:

:D

Anyone else into these tops at all? I'm finding it very addictive!

Not yet Dave but I'm thinking about it.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #31 on: August 26, 2016, 09:52:12 AM
Congrats JD!

I've ordered a spinning base for my spinning top. Turns out my desk isn't that level so the top just shoots to the end and hits the telephone every time, lol.

Problem is, that I somehow thought that adding a Ti top so I qualified for free shipping was a good idea  :facepalm:

:D

Anyone else into these tops at all? I'm finding it very addictive!

Not yet Dave but I'm thinking about it.

Don't say I didn't warn you! :D

Oh I ordered some Kirinite scale material 'cos I was curious. It's not quite thick enough for SAK scales, but at 1/8" its about perfect for this CRKT Edgie I have in front of me. I haven't had a proper look yet, but I'll find something to put them on I'm sure :D
I used to come here a lot.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: August 26, 2016, 11:59:51 AM
I have an old spinning top and wouldn't mind some more.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: August 26, 2016, 12:07:59 PM

I got a brass one from here: http://foreverspin.com/

I have no idea whether it was a good deal or what, but its a great top:

If you do order from there - put the stuff in your basket, enter your shipping details etc and quit at the last stage. I did that and got an email the next day giving me a $15 discount as a sweetner. Also for sharing on facebook I got a half decent keyring (that SWMBO nicked) and a $20 of your next purchase gift card.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: August 26, 2016, 12:09:28 PM
 :cheers:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 12:10:36 PM
Worker Orange stock for my kid's Nerf Stryfe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 12:21:11 PM

I got a brass one from here: http://foreverspin.com/

I have no idea whether it was a good deal or what, but its a great top:

If you do order from there - put the stuff in your basket, enter your shipping details etc and quit at the last stage. I did that and got an email the next day giving me a $15 discount as a sweetner. Also for sharing on facebook I got a half decent keyring (that SWMBO nicked) and a $20 of your next purchase gift card.

I tried that and also got the e-mail with the discount. Still thinking about going ahead with it or not.

:think: :think: :think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: August 26, 2016, 12:34:16 PM
Well, I hesitated, went ahead with it and have been back for more if that helps :D

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #38 on: August 28, 2016, 05:16:33 AM
I'm glad you guys are better organized than I am, I'd probably lose the darn thing the first time it went off my desk.  :pok: That spinner does look awesome, btw.

As for me, I did pick up a couple upgrades to my work carry: An EAB ultralight and a F701; I personally like the pen more than I do the EAB. The knife is almost too ergonomic, but as smooth as butter. One thing I did note, though, is that the thumb screw is not the same as my older EAB and is not flush with the hole whatsoever; the head is almost half the size it should be.  Other than that, though, it is a very nice tool, though I might go back to its older brother.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #39 on: November 22, 2016, 12:45:03 PM
I have been weak in the black Friday sales, which are now a week long.

Ever since it's release a little over a year ago I've wanted a console to play star wars battlefront on, but always resisted as I have never actually played the game. After playing it recently at a friends I couldn't resist any longer, soooo I've bought myself an Xbox one elite, 32" smart TV , wireless headset and the star wars battlefront ultimate edition. I pick the TV up tonight on my way home, as it has now arrived in the store, and the Xbox should be here Friday.

I held out for a year, but I was ultimately weak  :D

and yes, I know I'm a big kid.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #40 on: November 22, 2016, 12:52:05 PM

Ever since it's release a little over a year ago I've wanted a console to play star wars battlefront on, but always resisted as I have never actually played the game. After playing it recently at a friends I couldn't resist any longer, soooo I've bought myself an Xbox one elite, 32" smart TV , wireless headset and the star wars battlefront ultimate edition. I pick the TV up tonight on my way home, as it has now arrived in the store, and the Xbox should be here Friday.

Such a cool game though Kev - me and my daughter play the PS2 version (we're always about a decade behind!) and it's great fun. That new edition looks amazing! Let us know how you get on.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

england Offline Kev D

Reply #41 on: November 22, 2016, 01:44:46 PM

Such a cool game though Kev - me and my daughter play the PS2 version (we're always about a decade behind!) and it's great fun. That new edition looks amazing! Let us know how you get on.

Thanks, it sure looks like fun. I've always played on pc's in the past so it'll take me a while to get used to a controller. That's my excuse for getting killed so much sorted anyway  :D

I just nipped out at lunch and picked up the tv. I got one for my mum as well for her room. She lives with me and her TV has about had it. I'm having a bet with my sister that she will cry when she sees it.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #42 on: November 22, 2016, 03:13:56 PM
Having sold a couple of bits lately, I transferred some pennies to my bank account and ordered some more nasal snuff. I already have an abundance, but a new EU Directive has come out, and looks set to decimate the entire industry.

One producer has already shut down, one has ditched 40% of their range, and another has ditched 70% of the range - with more ill effects to follow. I decided to snaffle up a bit more of the at risk or already discontinued products, before they become unobtainable.

If any pipe smokers here use tobaccos processed in Europe, you might want to grab an extra tin or three of your favourites. I expect those lines to be heavily cut back too.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #43 on: November 23, 2016, 02:25:29 PM
A friend is sending me some bulbs of heritage purple skinned garlic from his garden to plant here just to see if it will grow in this climate. :drool:

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #44 on: November 23, 2016, 02:40:07 PM
Well after a very long wait and endless amounts of paperwork this finally arrived.

It's a DJI Zenmuse XT Thermal imaging camera or radiometry.

It fits on the DJI Inspire 1 and as soon as the weather improves for a bit I'm going to give it a try.

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

england Offline Kev D

Reply #45 on: November 23, 2016, 04:25:43 PM
Some Bic 4 colour pens, the one I had for years finally ran out. When talking about it at work a quite a few others wanted one, so there's a box of 12 on the way. They are very handy for colourful doodles in boring meetings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004W6KHGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #46 on: November 23, 2016, 04:39:38 PM
Love those pens Kev - my one has run out of black so I'm using up the blue next:
WP_20160810_022 by magpie2112, on Flickr

england Offline Kev D

Reply #47 on: November 23, 2016, 10:14:07 PM
Love those pens Kev - my one has run out of black so I'm using up the blue next:

:like: :like:

au Offline Gohard

• Leatherman fanatic!!
Reply #48 on: November 24, 2016, 05:25:26 AM
Some Bic 4 colour pens, the one I had for years finally ran out. When talking about it at work a quite a few others wanted one, so there's a box of 12 on the way. They are very handy for colourful doodles in boring meetings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004W6KHGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Agreed

england Offline Kev D

Reply #49 on: November 24, 2016, 10:20:20 AM

They sell the refills for them on amazon by the way.  I discovered that after buying a box

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 10:58:45 AM
Ooh, cheers, I'll have a look.  :cheers:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: November 24, 2016, 02:47:20 PM

WOW.........blast from the past, had one of those many moons ago and never saw them around here again
 :tu:

us Offline Joseph Gonzalez

Reply #53 on: November 24, 2016, 06:39:37 PM
I just ordered a silver denarius from Caesar Augustus that was struck around 19-18 B.C.. It commemorates a comet that appeared during the funerary games held for Julius Caesar. It's in poor condition and someone nailed it up to something two thousand years ago, but it llooks like the real deal. I'll know for sure after I can examine it. You can barely make out the "DIVVS IVLIVS" (Divine Julius) inscription and the comet on the back.  If it was in nice shape it would be way out of my price range!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2016-11-21 19.03.22.jpg
* 2016-11-21 19.03.22.jpg (Filesize: 43.27 KB)
Regards,

Joe Gonzalez

"Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day; set him on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life."

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #54 on: November 25, 2016, 04:45:59 PM
I saw 2 eBay  listings of 150-ct Primacolor pencil sets for $28-$$38. Jumped in right away. Hopefully not too good to be true. :P

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #55 on: November 25, 2016, 07:09:28 PM
I saw 2 eBay  listings of 150-ct Primacolor pencil sets for $28-$$38. Jumped in right away. Hopefully not too good to be true. :P

You must be a serious artist if you are looking for those!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #56 on: November 25, 2016, 08:51:08 PM

You must be a serious artist if you are looking for those!

Def

Nope, I got caught in the whole adult coloring thing. Plus, they will make great gift (if I will get them). The prismacolor pencils are probably the best you can buy. They have thick cores, so you theoretically have longer lasting pencils. Quite a PITA to sharpen, as they break easy. I have to shave off the wood by a knife first, before using the sharpener to get the point. They used to be made in the States too (now Mexico).

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: November 25, 2016, 08:55:27 PM
I have a cabin filter for my car on the way.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #58 on: November 25, 2016, 09:00:27 PM
Is a PC a tool?

I have added/swapped a few components in my current rig since I got it in 2009. Ram, SSDs, graphics cards, Power supply, even rehomed to a different tower.

I have a new (to me) mainboard, cpu and ram on the way that is well past double the rating of my current rig.

Going from Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 (2.6Ghz) with 8gb ram to Core i7 2600 (3.4ghz) with 16gb ram.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #59 on: November 25, 2016, 09:07:11 PM
Is a PC a tool?

Anything can be a tool. To me, a PC is a equipment/ toy/ tool-ish  :D If you boast about tools, you are in the wrong thread. So, yeah, you are all good!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%