Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Disaster strikes!

clown · 29 · 1399

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Disaster strikes!
on: July 18, 2018, 12:55:58 AM
Somehow....I actually walked out of the house without my belt on.  Now without my belt there was also no ST300 and no Olight! Didn't realize it until I got to work.  Felt naked all day and let more than few curses slip as I reached for my trusty tool throughout the day only to find it missing.   :facepalm:

Anyone else ever walk out the door without their EDC?

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Disaster strikes!
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 01:13:29 AM
NO.

Did I mention, NO?

By which, I meant NO.

:twak:

Sure, I've walked out the door without a handgun and/or carbine, but no belt? For smurf's sake , NO!

However, I have had multiple opportunities to chastise Mrs Nix for 1) not wearing a belt, and 2) not having a knife with her.  So, Clown, you've managed to perform at the 'Average Housewife Level'. Please, for the love of awl things toolable, do NOT let this horrific mistake happen again. 

(I am sorry to be too harsh here, but this is the kind of slipping of standards with which I will not allow leniency.)

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 01:38:56 AM
 Not "Awesome Housewife Level?" :pok: :D
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:19:08 AM
NO.

Did I mention, NO?

By which, I meant NO.

Sure, I've walked out the door without a handgun and/or carbine, but no belt? For smurf's sake , NO!

However, I have had multiple opportunities to chastise Mrs Nix for 1) not wearing a belt, and 2) not having a knife with her.  So, Clown, you've managed to perform at the 'Average Housewife Level'. Please, for the love of awl things toolable, do NOT let this horrific mistake happen again. 

(I am sorry to be too harsh here, but this is the kind of slipping of standards with which I will not allow leniency.)

Nix, your admonishment is well deserved on my part.  While feeling quite embarrassed, I felt that a confession to my MTO brethren was the only sure way to rid myself of the shame. 

I don't often head to work without my EDC but in the event of such a lapse, I do keep an emergency MT in my car.  BUT I only very recently purchased a new vehicle and have not yet moved my old car gear into the new ride.  Burned myself twice today.  :bnghd:

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 02:30:29 AM
Most of my stuff is usually kept in my pants when I take them off, and hang them up on the coat hanger hooked to the door.  I really don't like wearing belt sheaths that much, as they hang on everything, and often, as I hang them up, the sheath slides off the belt into the floor, aside from a Ripoffs pouch that I clip on my waistband and belt.  My Surge got equipped with the LM clip, which is hard to come dislodged from my right front pocket seam (and sometimes, hard to dislodge when I'm getting ready to use it, which is annoying). I always carry a SwissCard in my wallet, as sometimes, I don't carry an SAK with scissors, and often need them, and the other stuff (minus the blade, which I took out in case I forget to leave the SwissCard at home when going somewhere I'll have to go through a metal detector, and many places do allow a little pair of scissors).

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 02:43:03 AM
NO.

Did I mention, NO?

By which, I meant NO.

:rofl:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 04:06:56 AM
Before I got into MTs, I would occasionally forget to throw my Pinchy and Explorer in my back pocket before leaving to work.  Like you, it would leave me feeling naked. I would reach for it all day, like a ghost limb  :ahhh
After I got into MTs, I started leaving a backup MT, SAK, and light at work. But, I am fortunate, as I have a safe place to stash a small pencil box of goodies. The box contains an MP600 (which is fine in case I forget my main carry), a worn out SAK Explorer, an old incandescent maglite, extra batteries, toothbrush/toothpaste, allergy meds, and other routine medicines I have to take daily. A nice "Just in Case I forget anything"  pack. :)
Since I began doing that, I haven't forgotten my tools or meds. But, being 20 miles from home, it is nice to know my daily routine will be similar/the same, because of the stashed box. :tu:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 04:09:57 AM

Nix, your admonishment is well deserved on my part.  While feeling quite embarrassed, I felt that a confession to my MTO brethren was the only sure way to rid myself of the shame. 

My Clowny brother, I feel confident this will NEVER happen again. You are fully absolved of any shame or dishonor by your confession and act of contrition. Go forth and represent Swiis Army Knights as you were born to do!  :SAKnight:

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 05:01:19 AM

My Clowny brother, I feel confident this will NEVER happen again. You are fully absolved of any shame or dishonor by your confession and act of contrition. Go forth and represent Swiis Army Knights as you were born to do!  :SAKnight:

Thanks Nix. Won't happen again!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 05:02:21 AM
I get about 15' and my pants start to fall down

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 05:14:20 AM
How about leaving your MT laying somewhere? Last month, I had lost my Surge at work. Boss let me spend the rest of the day looking for it. Couldn't find it and we assumed it walked out in a shopper's pocket. Carried my Wave the next day and was doing some balast replacements. When I carried the 12' ladder to the fixture, I set it up, at the fixture to work on and climbed up (I carry the 12' ladder vertically as to not hit anything with it). The Surge was still on the top of the ladder. I forgot about hanging a chandelier the day before. :facepalm:
It was a big relief! For me and the boss, because he knew I'd be spending at least  a half hour a day, for months looking for it.  :rofl:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 05:53:35 AM
Somehow....I actually walked out of the house without my belt on.  Now without my belt there was also no ST300 and no Olight! Didn't realize it until I got to work.  Felt naked all day and let more than few curses slip as I reached for my trusty tool throughout the day only to find it missing.   :facepalm:

Anyone else ever walk out the door without their EDC?

I'm with Nix   :rofl:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 06:19:02 AM
NEVER!![/size]
MY MULTITOOL or LIGHT
YES!!
The bluetooth for my phone.
And yes I felt "neked" all day.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 07:51:57 AM
Sounds like someone needs stronger coffee  :pok:
Esse Quam Videri

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 09:07:26 AM
And how did you get on, despite not having your security blanket multi tool with you?  Did you actually need it during the day?

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 09:36:59 AM
Uhhm....also NO!

I do an instinctive spectacles-testicles-wallet&watch check very often..........don't have spectacles or a watch but you catch my drift  :salute:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 10:54:06 AM
I have been there....  too many times.  Megan makes a point of ridiculing me for not having a SAK, multitool or knife on me, threatening to tell all of you what a horrible embarrassment I am.

I would think that by now you would all be aware of what a horrible embarrassment I am, and that none of this should come as any surprise.....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 10:56:08 AM
Never. If I don't have my belt on, gravity takes hold and my pants will go south for an extended vacation.

I have forgotten my watch a few times, and when that hapens, I feel totally naked without it. My job dictates proper time keeping...and although there is a clock in every room I work in...that still doesn't stop me from checking my empty wrist which only reinforces my feeling of nakedness.  :facepalm:

Yeah, I try very hard to always wear my wrist watch everyday. It is rare that I do not...and when I do that, I constantly feel out of sorts for that day.  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 11:47:31 AM
I always get my work stuff ready the night before because I would forget everything the next morning if I didn't :ahhh I do have backups in different places just in case though :D Ocassionally on Sunday evening my watch or something along those lines won't make it to my pants but that happens very rarely :ahhh :D

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 01:54:32 PM
And yes I felt "neked" all day.

Humorist Lewis Grizzard defined "naked" as "not wearing any clothing" and "neked" as "not wearing any clothing and up to something".  :D :rofl:
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 01:59:58 PM
And how did you get on, despite not having your security blanket multi tool with you?  Did you actually need it during the day?

Yes I needed it! Had a day full of wiring, cutter pins, snap rings and small e-clips!

My ST300 is back on my hip today and all is well.  I even moved my Surge to the new car as a backup.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:02:23 PM by clown »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 02:11:20 PM
I gather the lesson here is to buy pants that are a two sizes larger than what you need. Then you'll remember your belt when yoir pants fall off by the car. :D

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 08:50:28 PM
I gather the lesson here is to buy pants that are a two sizes larger than what you need. Then you'll remember your belt when yoir pants fall off by the car. :D

Great strategy!  :like:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 09:29:51 PM
I always get my work stuff ready the night before because I would forget everything the next morning if I didn't :ahhh I do have backups in different places just in case though :D Ocassionally on Sunday evening my watch or something along those lines won't make it to my pants but that happens very rarely :ahhh :D

You forgot a couple of W's today   :D

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 03:48:40 AM
I always get my work stuff ready the night before because I would forget everything the next morning if I didn't

Its the only way to do it.

In college, I was one of two guys who made it out of the dorm with pants during a fire "drill" (someone's ex added a squirt of lighter fluid and some time to his laundry in the dryer) in sub zero weather. All the other guys had sweats or shorts. (Sub zero american sub zero.) The other guy was my roommate, who'd picked the habit up from my doing it. I might have been pulling them on over my sweats in the parking lot, but I was warm and I had my keys, my knives, my basic tools, flashlight, and my wallet.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #25 on: July 19, 2018, 09:35:45 AM
I always get my work stuff ready the night before because I would forget everything the next morning if I didn't

Its the only way to do it.

In college, I was one of two guys who made it out of the dorm with pants during a fire "drill" (someone's ex added a squirt of lighter fluid and some time to his laundry in the dryer) in sub zero weather. All the other guys had sweats or shorts. (Sub zero american sub zero.) The other guy was my roommate, who'd picked the habit up from my doing it. I might have been pulling them on over my sweats in the parking lot, but I was warm and I had my keys, my knives, my basic tools, flashlight, and my wallet.
When an American says sub zero.... you immediately know it’s OW SMURF MY NIPPLES cold.  :ahhh
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 11:38:03 AM

You forgot a couple of W's today   :D

But I did have a full EDC :whistle: :D

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #27 on: July 21, 2018, 02:33:17 PM
NO.

Did I mention, NO?

By which, I meant NO.

:imws:

Also, Y U NO GO BACK?! When I find I'm missing something, I awlways go back for it.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #28 on: July 21, 2018, 06:09:27 PM
Without a belt um, no, or else the pants would be dropping.. but without my sak and watch yes! Twice I’ve made it out to the sidewalk(since we only walk) patted myself down started going nuts and ran back to get them as the Mrs shakes her head.. other times we were to far for me to run back and I felt freaking naked, the whole trip I kept feeling the area where the knife would be or the watch and the Mrs is like omg your nuts!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%